Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spawning allowed in PvP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsinaname:1226903
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadiers View Post
    From my personal experience there is only 2 choices in this situation. Accept their rules or leave. Just like the government having laws. You may not like them but that cannot change anything. Your only choice is to leave or learn to live with them as stated earlier. Yes I agree with everybody that it is unfair but that is just the way the world is.
    HUH? Even at my age I'm not that cynical. Things change all the time. But only when good people are willing to stand up and be counted, never when they by and do nothing.
    Well there is 3 choices but from what i can see the 3rd one is not going to work. We as a forum community have tried to do something and we got an answer. It might not be the one we were looking for but it definitely got the point across
    Last edited by grenadiers; 08-16-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I do believe he was referring to my first post which suggested some people are cry babies.
    Nope.
    Well there is 3 choices but from what i can see the 3rd one is not going to work. We as a forum community have tried to do something and we got an answer. It might not be the one we were looking for but it definitely got the point across
    I am a noob to the Forums Community so you will just have to put up with me or find some way to Spawn Kill me. (just kidding!)

And I understand your frustration. But, I think you will find that some of the worlds greatest accomplishments were made by people who didn't know that it couldn't be done.

Anyway, it's all good. We are all just expressing our views. But I think it is probably time to get back to a more focused discussion.

Can someone give me one positive thing that comes from Spawn Killing?

Obviously I won't count Meaningless numbers on a Killed to Death ratio.

Historically "games" were a tool to teach Strength of Character, Honor, the Rule of Law, Fair Play and a long list of tactile and strategic practices. There are sorts of games: War-games, Mind-games, Card-games, Board-games, Word-games, Dice-games and the list goes on, and then we can talk about athletic-games. Outside of Computer Games, whether online or Player vs Computer with all the hacks and cheats, are there any sort of popular games that allow these sorts of exploits? Can a person Publicly Play Chess and keep knocking off the opponents pieces before he has the chance place them on the board? Of course not. But show me in the rules where it says you can't to that. Sure those rules exist at the "Tournament Level" but look in the rules that come with the board and you won't find anything about touching the other players pieces, it is a given. In Pocket Legends there are those who routinly knock off the opponents pieces and call it a victory. The sad thing is SpaceTime says it is a "Win" also. If you don't think so, just look at some of the Spawn Killer's KDR.

The funniest thing, to my mind, is that during "in game" PVP I hear many more complaints about Mages that will toss up a Mana Shield Early or who use and OP Forgotten Bow. So a MS or FB is taboo but a Spawn Kill is alright? That is precisely what some in the game would tell you. Too Funny.
    Last edited by Whatsinaname; 08-16-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Being Hunted for doing the right thing is more of an Honor and less of a Burden than some would think

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whatsinaname For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsinaname:1226981
    I do believe he was referring to my first post which suggested some people are cry babies.
    Nope.
    I am a noob to the Forums Community so you will just have to put up with me or find some way to Spawn Kill me. (just kidding!)

And I understand your frustration. But, I think you will find that some of the worlds greatest accomplishments were made by people who didn't know that it couldn't be done.

Anyway, it's all good. We are all just expressing our views. But I think it is probably time to get back to a more focused discussion.

Can someone give me one positive thing that comes from Spawn Killing?

Obviously I won't count Meaningless numbers on a Killed to Death ratio.

Historically "games" were a tool to teach Strength of Character, Honor, the Rule of Law, Fair Play and a long list of tactile and strategic practices. There are sorts of games: War-games, Mind-games, Card-games, Board-games, Word-games, Dice-games and the list goes on, and then we can talk about athletic-games. Outside of Computer Games, whether online or Player vs Computer with all the hacks and cheats, are there any sort of popular games that allow these sorts of exploits? Can a person Publicly Play Chess and keep knocking off the opponents pieces before he has the chance place them on the board? Of course not. But show me in the rules where it says you can't to that. Sure those rules exist at the "Tournament Level" but look in the rules that come with the board and you won't find anything about touching the other players pieces, it is a given. In Pocket Legends there are those who routinly knock off the opponents pieces and call it a victory. The sad thing is SpaceTime says it is a "Win" also. If you don't think so, just look at some of the Spawn Killer's KDR.

The funniest thing, to my mind, is that during "in game" PVP I hear many more complaints about Mages that will toss up a Mana Shield Early or who use and OP Forgotten Bow. So a MS or FB is taboo but a Spawn Kill is alright? That is precisely what some in the game would tell you. Too Funny.
    I know it was a joke but I just want to make if clear to everyone that I do not support spawn killing in anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I know it was a joke but I just want to make if clear to everyone that I do not support spawn killing in anyway.
    At this point I believe you. I believe that in your heart and in your thoughts that you do not support Spawn Killing. But we all need to be careful and vigilant as to not give our Tacit Approval to these sorts of actions. SuperMod Sam's post when way beyond being a tacit approval as did your post. His was a "Loud Starters Pistol" to begin a race for some to get as many Spawn Kills as Possible whether or not that was what he meant to do or not.
    Being Hunted for doing the right thing is more of an Honor and less of a Burden than some would think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Yes, spawning has been around for ages but this cap is the first where spawning was "professionalised". The spawners have a tank standing in the middle of the spawn to take the initial aim and two birds who take turns with killing when they are buffed. A month ago almost every time I searched for games there was a spawn game going on, making it highly likely for any new players to stumble into it and get off on completely the wrong foot in PvP/Ctf.
    The issue was kind of resolved when some of the spawners got banned and the rest of them was too scared to continue.
    With this statement coming from a dev I wouldnt be surprised if it starts again...he is basically promoting spawning!

Way to spoil the new gens even more...
    Which all comes back to random noobs being able to kill people who have been PvPing since early PvP. Root of the problem is the PvP mechanics being garbage. All the spawn killing and other problems are branches off of that. As you said, the new gens are being spoiled.

If only the oh so great Mitch were here to buy Sam lunch and help fix this!

Edit:

Even in this thread there are a large amount of players who are either new here or never PvPed prior to this cap.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsinaname View Post
    At this point I believe you. I believe that in your heart and in your thoughts that you do not support Spawn Killing. But we all need to be careful and vigilant as to not give our Tacit Approval to these sorts of actions. SuperMod Sam's post when way beyond being a tacit approval as did your post. His was a "Loud Starters Pistol" to begin a race for some to get as many Spawn Kills as Possible whether or not that was what he meant to do or not.
    Gren is actually a very respectable PvP'er who has been at all levels and has been around for a long time. I have seen him farm players who were rude or mistreated new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Which all comes back to random noobs being able to kill people who have been PvPing since early PvP. Root of the problem is the PvP mechanics being garbage. All the spawn killing and other problems are branches off of that. As you said, the new gens are being spoiled.

If only the oh so great Mitch were here to buy Sam lunch and help fix this!

Edit:

Even in this thread there are a large amount of players who are either new here or never PvPed prior to this cap.
    I am biggest noob of all! Here's to negative kdr's!!!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I myself am guilty of spawning. But I only spawn spawners. Does this make me better than them? Idk.

I am fully supportive of putting mechanisms in place to stop spawning. Since the game code is written for other STS games is it really that complicated or cumbersome to implement in Pl? It can't possibly effect their profit that much esp since so many ppl just stocked up on plat during that plat sale with the anticipation of a new Lvl cap that will never come. (Which I feel completely misled about since STS made the statement a new lol cap every few months - sorry different rant)

The facts that this had been a problem for so long
    - most players are against it
    - so many threads have been made opposing it
    - remedies provided

yet STS chooses to ignore their customer base, opinion and concerns. Proves that STS truly and honestly doesn't care what we have to say.

Months upon months ago Techno said she was working on the unbalanced pvp problem yet nothing has been done there either.

Now Just G is saying there is no PL cap on the horizon??

I don't know why I choose to support a company that is so disrespectful to its clients. If this were any other company or store, I would stop shopping there.

Time to reevaluate how I spend my money....actually with no new cap on the horizon, no need to farm or run plat maps, 6k plat between my accounts will last forever.

Edit: please excuse my grammar,
    Last edited by angeldawn; 08-16-2013 at 07:51 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I myself am guilty of spawning. But I only spawn spawners. Does this make me better than them? Idk.

I am fully supportive of putting mechanisms in place to stop spawning. Since the game code is written for other STS games is it really that complicated or cumbersome to implement in Pl? It can't possibly effect their profit that much esp since so many ppl just stocked up on plat during that plat sale with the anticipation of a new Lvl cap that will never come. (Which I feel completely misled about since STS made the statement a new lol cap every few months - sorry different rant)

The facts that this had been a problem for so long
    - most players are against it
    - so many threads have been made opposing it
    - remedies provided

yet STS chooses to ignore their customer base, opinion and concerns. Proves that STS truly and honestly doesn't care what we have to say.

Months upon months ago Techno said she was working on the unbalanced pvp problem yet nothing has been done there either.

Now Just G is saying there is no PL cap on the horizon??

I don't know why I choose to support a company that is so disrespectful to its clients. If this were any other company or store, I would stop shopping there.

Time to reevaluate how I spend my money....actually with no new cap on the horizon, no need to farm or run plat maps, 6k plat between my accounts will last forever.

Edit: please excuse my grammar,
    I have to agree with Angel, No new cap Nothing new then we need nothing to stock up. No more plat for farming then..
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

1. Why did it suddenly turned into an argument against grenadiers?
    Dear Developers of Pocket Legends,

We ( PL community ) have been loyal to you, StG, some for a year, some 2, some from the beginning!
    Long ago, I hear people's problems used to be answered alot by the Devs!
    You guys have been making new vanities! (Ok they are cool, I like em) but seriously, how many weeks of these vanities have you made? 2? 3? 4?
    There are Country Shield Flags, then the Star Trek armors came, in THREE COLORS!!,
    Then were zombie vanity, with helm AND armor! So let's see, you guys had to make FIVE ZOMBIE HELMS ( the designing for each class could've had some real work...), and 5 armors (probably not that hard for ya).
    So let's see, in 1 month, you made MANY DIFFERENT LOOKING COUNTRY SHIELDS, 3 different armors in diff colors, 5 VERY DIFFERENT ZOMBIE HELMS, and 5 armors.
    And let's see, in all of this hard work making new designs and stuff, let me say it slowly, if you guys can make So many armors, helms, and shields...

WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE GATES IN THE SPAWN SO NO ONE CAN ENTER!!,

If you guys can make many shields and helms and armors, putting a gate in spawn areas of all CTF stages shouldn't be that hard!!!!!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I myself am guilty of spawning.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

PL: Flawless

14. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sadness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

You know I don't mind spawning, but about 99.9% of the time it comes with a "I'm better than you attitude" and insults and pointless arguments that ARE against the TOS. The common phrases seem to be I bes, ez, you suk, or you're pathetic how can you let me spawn you.

In my eyes, that's ruining a player's experience. In fact it's bullying, a thing that most people try to avoid. I myself have been bullied at school and I among others use video games as a chance to be ourselves without retaliation, and with trolls and people like this in PVP to take that away from us isn't right. I don't see why people have to use harsh language and bad attitudes to prove that they are better than somebody. I mean why can't people just say "Hey, I beat you, maybe you should do this, this, and this next time to beat me."

I guess this community is beyond that, and it really sucks.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Drain, Z

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We, as a community, have flown past that.

Alike the majority, I also oppose spawning - which is made even worse with the insults, just as moth pointed out. Spawning gives new players the wrong impression of how PvP 'was' played. The 'was', being Go fights and organised FFA.
    I've been in PvP with the PL community from sewer times, and like many, have watched it progress over these somewhat short years...

---
    PvP is accompanied by many ups and downs, highs and lows, whatever you want to call it - but by ourselves, there's next to nothing we can change.
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Planted View Post
    ---
    PvP is accompanied by many ups and downs, highs and lows, whatever you want to call it - but by ourselves, there's next to nothing we can change.
    ---
    I'm afraid that there would only be lows from this point on.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Maybe this thread will make things change .
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, we can only hope from this point on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Problems is......I think with the recent responses and attitudes..... We feel there is no hope...we are only discouraged and disappointed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Why make a ruckus over something that is so easily solvable?
    Just leave the matches if you don't want to be spawned. You join, you see the other people are noted spawners, then leave. Create your own CTF. Chances are there's enough people at endgame to fill your game. If they are not noted spawners and you get spawned at join, just leave as well, make another CTF.

The devs probably do have the capability to spend a day on spawn shields, or whatever. Some of this is their fault. But really you guys can just solve it yourself while you're waiting months for an update. Sam's post didn't really motivate spawners to spawn more at all. They already knew that spawning wasn't ban-able.

Perhaps I'm just a twink and spawning is much easier to take care of there, but occasionally if it's a spawn that would be too hard to wipe, then I'd just leave.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    Why make a ruckus over something that is so easily solvable?
    Just leave the matches if you don't want to be spawned. You join, you see the other people are noted spawners, then leave. Create your own CTF. Chances are there's enough people at endgame to fill your game. If they are not noted spawners and you get spawned at join, just leave as well, make another CTF.

The devs probably do have the capability to spend a day on spawn shields, or whatever. Some of this is their fault. But really you guys can just solve it yourself while you're waiting months for an update. Sam's post didn't really motivate spawners to spawn more at all. They already knew that spawning wasn't ban-able.

Perhaps I'm just a twink and spawning is much easier to take care of there, but occasionally if it's a spawn that would be too hard to wipe, then I'd just leave.
    Sir, that is exactly what grenadiers said.
    have you been reading the last few pages of this thread?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I feel a rash of renames coming on.

Spawnorgtfo
    Spawnallday
    Spawnorcry
    Ispawn
    Spawntaneous

List goes on...

Edit: and my personal favorite is Angelspawn
    Last edited by The Sadness; 08-17-2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: :D

PL: Flawless

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Sadness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall Wire View Post
    Sir, that is exactly what grenadiers said.
    have you been reading the last few pages of this thread?!
    Sorry I sincerely apologize for somewhat repeating someone else's points in a thread with 5 pages of the same reasons about why spawning is bad. Sorry...sir.