Thread: Questions - Warrior PvE/Farming Build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Question Questions - Warrior PvE/Farming Build

Hey guys! In the middle of respec'ing my warrior. Reasonably new to AL so the stat distribution is all new to me, so use to general rpg's (int=mage, dex=archer, str=fighter). So to start with I've got full STR for my stats. I have put 5/5 on Might and have 1/5 on Skyward Smash, Windmill, Vengeful Blood and Horn of Renew. So my main questions are:

1. Which other passives should I focus on?
    2. Which skills should I be upgrading past 1/5?

Cheers for the help guys ^.^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Hello. It seems you are on the right track. Continue putting all points in str. For passives might is must which you have. I suggest the dex/agi or dmg as next ones for more dps or crit, max it as well.I chose agi/dex. Also a couple in int passive for mana boost. Skill wise what you have is good and most common. I suggest 4 in sky smash(all except mana return), max windmill, max vengefulblood, 4 in hor(all except increased range). Hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

As a Warrior, only Str, Int, Armor passives are beneficial to have. Dex would provide slight dmg/dps increase, not worth spending points though.

Choose gear with Str as primary stat and Int as secondary. Choose ring/amu which add Dmg attribute.

A good build at lvl 31 as PvE Warrior would be:

Vengeful Blood 5/5 (Max)
    Skyward smash 4/5 (skip mana return)
    Windmill 5/5 (max out windmill)
    Horn of renew 4/5 (skip taunt)

A good build at lvl 16 as PvE Warrior would be:

Vengeful Blood 3/5 (add the +25/50 str upgrade and increased duration)
    Skyward smash 3/5 (add increased range and 10% damage)
    Windmill 5/5 (max out windmill)
    Horn of renew 4/5 (add increased range, 2sec invulnerability, 25% increase duration)

Use Slag, Hazel or Ribbit and you're good to go!

With the remaining points you can unlock an extra skill which you can switch to by going to Skills and choosing 'Map skills'
    Last edited by Venom; 08-17-2013 at 03:00 AM.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hey thanks guys! Respec'd and noticed a major immediate difference. One last question. Sword and shield? Or one of the 2h's? And which type of 2h?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys I wanted to ask what is the best pet in the whole game for warrior class?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Hey kill' I'm new myself but it sounds to me like one of the three; slag, hazel or ribbit. Through my own research Ribbit seems to be the most popular amongst Warrior's. But remember, str str str. I don't believe there is a 'one and only' best. Hope I helped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killbysword View Post
    Hey guys I wanted to ask what is the best pet in the whole game for warrior class?
    The best pet is Samael, but it's not a reasonable answer to your question. In my experience, there is no "best pet" for a warrior. Each pet is depending on your play style and what encounters you face on a daily basis. I have a line up of 12 pets for PvE, ranging from ones that give me no beneficial stats but help the party (Dart, Esteban, George) to those who are just to buff me for the boss fight (Snaggletooth, Koko). For PvP, I have only a few pets that I'll use.

If you're new to the game, I'd suggest picking up the following pets:

Ribbit
    Deary
    Jack
    Guapo
    Blight

Once you progress into end-game content, shoot for the better pets:

Orion
    Loki
    Kettle
    Snaggletooth
    Shiloh
    Nexus
    Malison
    Vixen

I wouldn't recommend spending any plat on pets early on in the game except for Hazel and Nexus. You can farm or buy the majority of warrior pets without having to invest a ton of time - although some pets are a bit difficult to get to drop (like Vixen). Lastly, I use many underrated pets in my lineup such as Esteban, Dart and Koko. Many players go directly to the pets that "give the best stats" and completely ignore the other's passive and/or arcane abilities. When you play the game for a long time, you may realize that each boss encounter is different, and there's not always one pet that's the "best" for them all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Cheers Taejo! I hope that helped you Kill'. So basically Kill' at the very start I personally recommend Esteban. But as you get into the game a litt,e start going for Pets like Ribbit. Which is what I use. But as you progress a bit more into the game with a bit more experience, knowledge, skills and $$$ look for some of the pets that Taejo as mentioned, and like he said it's more of a matter of trial and error for your own personal game play style rather than 'one to beat them all' kind of thing.

Taejo, you know much about the different types of weapons for a Warrior? After playing around with a few of the different kinds of my level I have noticed it can make a reasonable amount of difference especially with S/s compared to the 2H's.
    What do you recommend? Or is it down to your own game play style? My main thinking is between S/s and a 2H for a PvE Warrior. I mean I want to be able to throw out a decent amount of damage but at the same time I want to be an ultimate PvE Warrior and be able to tackle anything that comes my way. Any recommendations?
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)