Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSB View Post
    I think this update is good direction for the game to go in, but just a couple of points: (bird main)

1) I don't like the weapon speed change - not because of the dps reduction (because, in fact, I think I'm killing trash faster due to the other changes) but because it makes the game feel much slower. One of the main off-putting things about MMOs for me is the lack of pace and velocity to standard combat. I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes bashing away just to kill one 'trash' mob. Reducing the speed of the weapons has taken the edge off that pace that made PL enjoyable to play.
    So true. I can deal with my dps being cut in half but the game just feels so much slower now.
    Faenor - Archer lvl 39| Carinae - Enchantress lvl 35 | Drjonze - Warrior lvl 32

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After several runs in ao3 as either level 50 bear or level 50 Mage, both in full rift/cosmo, I have a few more observations.

1. The mummies in crush the keeper are ridiculously easy to kill. Before the bear can pull them into the corner, the three mages in the group had killed them all. The lvl 49 bear (not me) grumbled that he's just leeching xp at that point.

This definitely makes the game boring. There is no challenge at all with killing the trash mobs now. Not even the excuse of more team play works here. The old version of the game encouraged more teamwork in both crush and captive. Now everyone just runs in to kill the mobs.

2. The Keeper is even more difficult to kill now than before. I suspect there's a secret combination of skills that will take him down faster, but, well, i guess it's still secret.

3. I understand the need to strengthen the Mage, but does this have to come at the expense of the tank? It's not like tanks were invincible pre-update. We still died and were dependent on the mages to spam heals and rev us. But now, it's just ridiculous. It felt like the three mages in the group did most of the killing. And the tank weapons are so slow it doesn't feel like we're contributing anything to the group at all. The skills have also been nerfed. My beckon felt so weak, I can hardly pull three mobs into the corner. You know what this makes me feel like? Like I'm level 10 all over again, but can wear the rift stuff.

I pretty much concur with most of the complaints in this thread so far. I tried to keep an open mind, and actually played for a few hours last night to give this update a chance.

But, at this point, I really am pretty much done with the game. My tank was a lot of fun to play, and I tried to keep the mages alive when I can. Now, with weak skills and slow weapons, what's the point of playing it?

The Mage, on the other hand, was too squishy, but we found a way around that by playing pallies. Now, I as pure mage can kill trash mob from across the room.

I think that the devs do not understand the psychology of most of the people who are attracted to this kind of game. We don't want trophies for everyone for just showing up to play the game. We actually want to work at it and win. And yes, we like beating others who are too weak (pvp), and strive to beat the ones who are too strong by improving our skills. Dumbing down the aliens and mummies is not the way to do this. Nerfing the tanks who have grown in their skills is not the way to do this either.

Understand that I am not addressing the raw numbers in the stats, because I understand that they are relative. I don't care that my armor now reads 130 instead of 180 if the bad guys' armor is also lower. But there are some things that were not broken that you tinkered with. Now, just as PL is about to take off, what the new players read is a lengthy complaint thread about how everything sucks now compared to before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ok im sorry about the harsh posts. I just think it was unfair and really bad timing for all the long time players. A heads up would have been nice. Anyway its been a fun 8months playing legends and i thank u for that. Ill take a lil break (needed one anyway). Thx for all your hard work STS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #184
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Extensive head's up was given:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...bat-Re-Balance

and

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-PL-Re-Balance

Keep on giving us specific feedback (x level, y stats z gear felt like this) and we'll iterate. Together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Played Captive Audience last night as a bird and had a good time. Our tank didn't seem to be having any problems. He died once in the battle with the Executioner, but was quickly rezzed and finished him off. It was kind of nice not dying instantly (or frequently) and really nice not seeing the mages dropping like flies and nice for both groups to be able to get more involved. I'm tempted to haul my Mage out of mothballs and see how it plays. Overall, though, I'd rather play it for a week or so and then comment.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After a couple of hours, I like it better as it is atm. It is better for my gameplay, but Im only 33 lvl dex bear But I love it, I can solo, love the mana boost and spells cooldoun

I am pro this change!
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'd really like an answer to this. Why are some void/cosmos/rift items now about the same as the more common pinks? The most noticeable one so far for me is the cosmos robe and metallic robe now having the exact same armor (before cosmos had +3 over it and I thought THAT was weak! Now you go and make it even worse.). Please shine some light on this and whether it will be balanced out again so that those of us who spent all our time and money acquiring those items don't feel like we got screwed over. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Repost from Patchnotes thread. Didn't realize there was a thread for this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Android and iOS play in the same world. Android client should be 1.5.2. If you're in the game, tap the upper right corner of the Enter World screen and you'll see the patch notes. Respecs aren't granted, we instead aren't charging for attribute changes.

-ALS

Right, i know we're in the same world, and I am running 1.5.2. But the descriptions on the skills, that tell you what it does, and the recharge times, all look the same as they did in 1.5.0. If we could get those edited, or the entire skills list posted as it currently stands, (because it's bound to change again soon with all this QQ), that would be helpful in testing this stuff out, and maybe i wouldn't be just blindly spamming skills because I don't know their cooldown timers.

Edit: On a side note, I can't help but wonder if the bears that are dying so horribly happen to be dex bears. In WOW, Nobody will let you tank unless you have a shield.

Edit 2: And another thing, If you're going to reduce the cooldowns on our skills, and increase our reliance on them, you should also lower the costs of the skills. For example:

Blast shot: 20 mana, 12 second cooldown
    Shatter scream: 20 mana, 11 second cooldown
    Meditation: 10 mana, 91 second cooldown, +28m/s

These are the main skills of the bird, as it stands, meditation refunds aproximately 2 combos over a minute and a half. then you have to take into account the crowd control skills you need in order to stay alive. If you are going to force skill spamming, even if it is smart skill spamming, you should make it viable. I'm not asking for free unlimited skill spamming, but at least our major damage dealing combo, or our only two actual attack skills, blast and repulse, should be maintainable. Maybe move Blast and Repulse shots down to 10mp, and shattering scream to 15. Or reduce the cooldown of meditation some more.

The other issue i see is with ranged mobs. Before the update, ranged mobs were rediculous. 2 snowball yettis could take me out at lvl 25. Now, with reduced armor, 1 yeti can take me out if i'm not attacking him, for example, i'm attacking the melee yeti, ccing him, etc. By the time i'm finished with him and switch over to the ranged yeti, I'm at a sliver of life. Now think about how bad ranged bosses were before, and will be now. Even with twice the health, the reduction in armor makes beating ranged bosses unfeasable at lower levels. Also, with health pools now higher, and armor levels lower, healing skills need a boost.

I'm sure i'll think of more.

Edit 3: I did. Reduce mob armor.

Edit 4: Dang, I really didn't want this to turn into a wall of text. I hope the devs actually read this and don't think it's a bunch of QQ.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I'd really like an answer to this. Why are some void/cosmos/rift items now about the same as the more common pinks? The most noticeable one so far for me is the cosmos robe and metallic robe now having the exact same armor (before cosmos had +3 over it and I thought THAT was weak! Now you go and make it even worse.). Please shine some light on this and whether it will be balanced out again so that those of us who spent all our time and money acquiring those items don't feel like we got screwed over. Thank you.
    It is going to take time to go through all the gear and balance it out once we have skills and stats balanced out. So yes, we'll balance it and as always, thanks for your understanding and patience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    It is going to take time to go through all the gear and balance it out once we have skills and stats balanced out. So yes, we'll balance it and as always, thanks for your understanding and patience.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After many post-update AO3 boss runs, here's my tank impressions. Using the slow Scim was problematic, in that, I felt, though I was able to taunt more often, I had a harder time keeping agro. This was especially true on King and Executioner. Maybe an increase to lvl5 taunt's ability to generate hate, or possibly an added function that removes non-taunt generated hate from the mob's hate list? I do like having to time abilities with other classes for combo's ( I dislike just mashing), however, I hate, hate spamming health pots. This maybe due to the mages in my group being used to spamming damage spells versus healing, but it's a bit annoying nonetheless.
    $.02
    Datecrepe -->lvl50 stank
    Auntflow -->lvl50 monthly marauder
    Squakward--> gold sponge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The main reason of the fail is the HUGE reduction of dodge in both armor and buff. Mages are known for their high offensive and low defensive stats, but now after the update, my dexbear get less than 40 dodge fully buffed, so this make mages have more defense than me with their mana shield.
    The increase of hp make bosses worthless. I was fighting keeper without potions on my dex bear. Al i need to to was to spam health pots as even a cri can take down half of my hp.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

When this was first mentioned, skills and teamwork were the priority. On that note, how about adding more combos, and perhaps have the bosses more susceptible to group combos?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm using my int mage now alot more than my bird.

Seems like the "nukers" have been put back into mages.

I'll give it more time, see if the Devs can come up with another balance, or updates to iron all this out. For now, my Bird and Bear will take some time off...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addiekai View Post
    I'm using my int mage now alot more than my bird.

Seems like the "nukers" have been put back into mages.

I'll give it more time, see if the Devs can come up with another balance, or updates to iron all this out. For now, my Bird and Bear will take some time off...
    When I came to this game, I was a purely mage player in mmo's because I loved 'blowin shet up' but the mage here was never really good at that. Would have left, but I got really addicted to the dex bear with beckon. Its time to level my ~main~ FluffNStuff from 46 to 50 to get back in touch with my inner nuker. Now if they would just add beckon to the elf, I would be in heaven!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Superzarop, this update IS to NERF all DexBears out there. Skills are pretty Balanced now, but i think The Buff skills of all kinds are weak now. Evasion gives only +26 Dodge? I think you devs need to add more Armor to all Classes, better regen, FASTER WEAPONS and Bring Back old buff skills? Just try to make it more fun, My Bear is running low on armor and dps, talons are weak and slow. Hope my feedback helped abit.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa talon, bow, crossbow speed doubled, dps cut by half? My white talon was 0.7 speed, now it's at 1.4? Anyone notice other changes? My colored bows and crossbows at same levels actually give better stats than white/trash talon now... (which is proper now I guess)

-CC
    Last edited by Clockcycle; 11-18-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed, Time heals most errors. Not to be a sycophant, but I do appreciate that the devs are soliciting, and responding to, feedback from the community on the forums not just internal testers. I've played most MMO's going back to UO/EQ/DAoC/WoW and I can say it's quite refreshing.
    Enough with the niceties, Gurgox's non-shout dmg is riiiidiculous given the reduction in armor/dodge for tanks. I shouldn't be taunting then running away like brave Sir Robin, while eveyone else does dmg.
    Datecrepe -->lvl50 stank
    Auntflow -->lvl50 monthly marauder
    Squakward--> gold sponge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Balancing a game on PvE versus PvP is a recipe for disaster and in 15 years of mmorgp I have never seen it work. PvP requies a different data set to balance and make it fun. The PvP zones need to set their on rules.

It has been my experiece that a character balance and equipment balance in the same push never works vey well as the perceptions get confused to players. Balance patch patch patch and test one, then take on the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Devs,

You have forgot the most important point of the game. The game should be fun to play. In order to be fun, it should be faster than now. It also should be challenging. You lost both by this update.

The game became too slow to play now. Yes, I can save money for pots now, but I have to spend more time playing one game. Killing mobs are always boring as you know. If you slow down this process, the game becomes more boring than before.

Another point is that this game is not challenging to me anymore. It just takes more time to kill mobs and bosses. I don't need strategies to kill them any more.

What does rebalancing do? Do you think making a class stronger than the others gives users more fun?

You have built a good game with lots of game users who spent long time to be accustomed to this game, and broke all the existing reputation at one time.