Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do you farm Elite Shuyal?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Wvhills....

As a real life merch and AL endgamer i feel that i should get my point accross.

Whilst everyone likes cheap gear, low prices are a huge problem in the game. What you have to remember is that at the moment you are reffering to a select group of items, either 'Legendary' or 'Mythic' or 'Arcane.'
    These items in my honest opinion should be as rare or as expensive as you would expect them to be as you reach end game and people should be charging alot for them. You should have to work hard for your gear, i know i did.

The market is obviously flooded after expansion with everyone and their mum trying to scrabble as much money together so that they can get the epic titles sts have given us for completing the new ap's (nice job btw) or for the various arcane items available. This doesn't necessarily need to be a bad thing though.

Why not introduce a 'capping' system where each weapon has a minimum and maximum value? In real life the reality is that any tradeable item has a base price. A price that the manufacturer is not willing to sell beneath as it would not make any money. Once this is introduced there is at least a chance of the item selling, and no chance of some idiot coming along and undercutting an item you have listed in cs for 1.5m by 500k. This act normally causes a landslide as everyone wants to sell their items first causing items to get lower and lower extremely quickly. Most people with any common sense will then just wait for it to drop to sillY cheap and then buy. The Maximum value would be there as a guide price so that people know what they should be worth....... As a kind of RRP, with STS acting as the 'Manufacturer.'

Ultimately i agree with everything Taejo has said (great post btw) and i feel that his points are extremely valid and would help sort alot of the issues out, but i also think that something needs to be done about the CS pricing structure too. Otherwise as stated in previous posts, the game will die a slow death, with end gamers like me and Taejo and the rest of our guild getting bored of going nowhere fast.

Sorry for the ramble and if it wasnt coherant, but it was rushed as im at work, if i havent thought of something please comment

But what if I don't care if people have a huge stack of gold in game? What if I want to be able to get good gear quickly and get back to pvp or just playing the game? The value of items isn't set by the seller, it's set by the buyer. If things sit in auction for a long time then the seller values it too highly. Undercutting is apart of capitalism and the free market. Just because u overpaid for an item doesn't mean it's "worth" that much plus x% more. It's worth however much someone is willing to pay for it. When mythic and arcane items came out a small percentage of players were willing to pay a large amount of gold for them. The rest weren't. That small percentage of players mostly has mythic and arcane now and the not many others desire them. That's why u are seeing the drop in prices. Just because a mythic item sold for 11 million gold two months ago doesn't mean it's forever worth 11 million gold if no one is currently willing to pay that amount. The problem isn't the system. The problem (if there is one) is the percentage of players who play the game to horde up as much gold as they can.
    Last edited by wvhills; 09-04-2013 at 01:04 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post: