Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mege blaster must be the most powerful weapon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

They did nerf Thoth and isis now lol... I dint even know why Thoth exists now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Excuse me, but if a game is built a certain way that allows you to play a certain way, that's not cheating. And I didn't pay anyone for it. I looted it myself. Most of my items I looted myself. But it took a lot of time. Now I should be punished for playing the game the way they designed it?

Answer me this. Honestly. How much Rift/cosmos/void do you have? And would you still hold the same opinion if you had more of it? Just because you only got fortune/fate/destiny items, they should be as good as the rarer items? Again, I agreed with you that those items needed to be tweaked, but not at the expense of the rift/void/cosmos. They could add different benefits to those items so people wouldn't be *as* desperate to get v/r/c.

And people still saying Sunblessed bow should better than mega blaster. Why? What's your reasoning? Just because megas were overpowered before means they should be completely useless now?

I ignored your whole scifi thing, bc I think it's irrelevant. They introduced guns into the game, so they're here. Completely destroying them is not the answer.
    Irrelevant? LOL!!! Just dismiss something with one word. Works every time.

How about this then? If you buy a ticket from a scalper, you can't complain about the view to the management. The fact that you paid cash to the scaler is not the fault of the management. If you paid a rush farmer... who were cheaters whether you accept it or not... it was no different. The devs have the right to change drop rates, item stats, etc.

Again, you sound like you've never played an MMO before, but I could swear you said you've played all kinds of them over the years.

Your argument remains scurrilous. Nobody made you buy items from cheaters. You wanted an edge and you bought it with gold.

I love the fact that Void only gets you 3 more points of armor than whipcord! That is how it should be.

and... ok, I will count... 3 void, 5 rift, and 1 cosmos, and I will gladly watch them all get nerfed to the moon if that's what it takes to make this game more fun for EVERYONE, not just the cheaters and their customers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Let me re-answer...

Excuse me, but if a game is built a certain way that allows you to play a certain way, that's not cheating. And I didn't pay anyone for it. I looted it myself. Most of my items I looted myself. But it took a lot of time. Now I should be punished for playing the game the way they designed it?
    Rushing is cheating. You are new here. When you got here, the cheaters were winning, but some of us begged them to stop. Finally the devs, nerfed it. Amen. It was NOT how the game was intended.

Evidence:

1. Alien Oasis 1 was nerfed because of rushers many months ago.
    2. Alien Oasis 2 was nerfed because of leechers many months ago.
    3. Swamps was nerfed to make it easier, again, many months ago, because nobody was playing it.
    4. Alien Oasis 3 was nerfed because of rushers just ast week.
    5. Hidden Passage under Balefort was nerfed because of leechers months ago.
    6. Haunted Mansion was nerfed last month because of rushers.

Yet you say rushing is not cheating. You say rushing is ok. You say the game was designed that way. But you are wrong.

The devs want to create a balanced and fun product. They have consistently nerfed all exploits, and they are right for doing so.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 11-18-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

5 Hit %
    5 Crit Hit%
    2 H/s
    3 M/s
    10 Damage
    5 Armor
    Pretty Significant

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say, let's jss wait and see what happens.
    Don't waste yur time arguing.
    What happened, happened. Can't do nothing about it. Drama-free helps.
    If yu don't like the end results, the doors that way.

Remember, yu can't quit PL. PL quits yu.
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk
    Gone, but (hopefully) never forgotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say, let's jss wait and see what happens.
    Don't waste yur time arguing.
    What happened, happened. Can't do nothing about it. Drama-free helps.
    If yu don't like the end results, the doors that way.

Remember, yu can't quit PL. PL quits yu.
    [CENTER]Įgń:
    Ëłįptįč
    Twëëńk
    Gone, but (hopefully) never forgotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

As Cinco pointed out, this nerf was necessary because the alternative was to have no new items and to leave the level-cap at 50, not have any more levels.

I can add that in the early days a dev once let it slip that they had already plotted the levels to 100. Not sure who or when, but it's an oft-repeated rumor. We are only halfway there, and Cinco indcated that he needs to nerf it or they won't be able to develop more content.

What's more important, one "l33t" item, or being able to have future content?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

blaster still rocks even bad stats!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Sorry, but I never signed up to be a lab rat.
    Yes, yes you did. The moment you downloaded the game, you did.

From the STS homepage:
    "In six months we had our first iteration ready to launch." Bolding added. A "first iteration" tells you it's not a finished product.

From the App Store game description:
    "Regular content updates" the game isn't set in stone. Changes will be made.

Numerous times on this forum, the devs have stated that the game's a work in progress. So no, you really can't claim to have not "signed up to be a lab rat".

So some of the changes aren't to your liking. Not all of them are to my liking, but that's life. If they're deal-breakers, you leave. If not, you deal and move on. I leveled my Mage to 50 in spite of crap armor and constantly getting one-shot. When it got too annoying, I mothballed her and worked on my bear and then my bird. And, as you requested, I currently own exactly three pieces of special gear--a Plasma Axe of the Rift, a Sunblessed Bow of the Void and a Laser Wand of the Cosmos. All were drops and I defy you to find a single post of mine stating that armor/shield/weapon specs be changed to suit me. My only complaint, in the days of one-shot mages, was to either give us better armor or a longer-lasting mana shield.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm