Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: elite shuyal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

You do not need anyone with 1 plat. Those who have run with my mage knows how I do it.

I NEVER have to fight any trash mobs when I do my "sekret pulls". Only die most (2) times from not potting fast enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psykopathic28 View Post
    I dunno when this was posted but if you are referring to my teams' elixir run on undim elite it is not running straight to boss. There are mobs involved, there are no glitches, and there is a challenge to the map.

For example: I "challenge" any 1 to try to touch my time
    Devs are touching it. Rather, they're wiping it.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    the thing i don't like is how long the maps are. Imo, elites should take a good party 10 min to finish. I haven't tried many of the elites yet but it looks like it will take a while with how far the boss is. Esp, if the mobs have as much health as people are making out. The way I play I can't commit 30 min at a time for a single run. I like to hop in for 10 or 20 min then go do something else then come back, etc.
    Running 'correctly' they take about 10 minutes with a good party. 20 minutes with a non-mythic sort of strugglebus ride...

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I dunno when this was posted but if you are referring to my teams' elixir run on undim elite it is not running straight to boss. There are mobs involved, there are no glitches, and there is a challenge to the map.

For example: I "challenge" any 1 to try to touch my time
    Psyko - we know the strategy for that map and we're running it. So far with a non-mythic team we're at about 4 minutes... seriously mate if you call it a 'challenge' on this map I would re-evaluate what you consider to be challenging.

<Elite Runners>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

That's because the strategy you mention is only partial.The "elite" part of the challenge was overcome by experience and careful planning. If it was not an elite achievement for us to be able to do so then every team of 4 on the game would be on our heels when I don't believe any 1 is. I do appreciate some people challenging it though and I do intend to make it 1:30. Only 1-2 of us were using elixir

It takes more skill to devise a strategy for speed than to mindlessly kill mobs with whatever gear. Any1 can pick up an arcane staff (which i dont have) and kill a few minions. Not every1 can strategize like me and azepiete.
    Last edited by Psykopathic28; 09-06-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

That's because the strategy you mention is only partial.The "elite" part of the challenge was overcome by experience and careful planning. If it was not an elite achievement for us to be able to do so then every team of 4 on the game would be on our heels when I don't believe any 1 is. I do appreciate some people challenging it though and I do intend to make it 1:30. Only 1-2 of us were using elixir
    Keep in mind, the purpose of this thread is not to debate whether or not you and Aze are good timed run strategists. You continue to dodge around the premises that no current, end-game elite content should be legitimately completed within 2 minutes nor be completed without having to clear much of the map. I'm sorry, but your "elite" strategy is nothing but exploiting the fact that Captain Krom is already spawned and ready to smack around from the second the timer starts ticking. You know it, I know it, and the Devs surely know it.

To give you a good comparison of maps that can be accomplished within 2-3 minutes: The elite Brackenridge campaigns can be completed in about the same amount of time - after clearing mobs - and rightfully so. It is very old, low level content after all. Final-stage crypts can be plowed through - still killing mobs - and completed within 1-2 minutes. Uldim Fields, however, is elite content that 1) L36, 2) not a crypt, and 3) contains elite loot that just came out 2 weeks go. We should not be able to clear it within 2-3 minutes by exploiting Captain Krom's immediate spawning. EDIT: This map has completely different dynamics associated to it than what we've experienced in the past for AL. It's a new concept of clearing the map that is creative and should be enjoyed by players. By pulling Krom right off the bat and ignoring 95% of the map, it's a huge slap in the face to the developers who worked hard designing this map (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Psykopathic28
    It takes more skill to devise a strategy for speed than to mindlessly kill mobs with whatever gear. Any1 can pick up an arcane staff (which i dont have) and kill a few minions. Not every1 can strategize like me and azepiete.
    Please lay off your ego-trip for just a few minutes and really think about the purpose of this thread. We are all in this together to improve the game. We have many months remaining to enjoy this new content and I would like to see it running flawlessly and fairly for all players.

And for what it's worth, a good handful of posters within this thread were on the timed run leader board last season to include Alrisaia who knocked your team off of Kraag 2. There's no need to be condescending here, with many talented people reading your posts.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-06-2013 at 02:10 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

What strategy did I mention? I don’t really understand your first sentence sorry…
    the ‘Elite’ part of the challenge
    What do you mean by that?

I would be the first to say - and I have said it in the past...
    Strategy>Skill>Gear

I’m not really sure why you would say any1 (anyone is only an extra two characters, take the time to spell it out ) can pick up an arcane staff because that’s not really the case. If anyone could, then everyone would.

<Elite Runners>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Keep in mind, the purpose of this thread is not to debate whether or not you and Aze are good timed run strategists. You continue to dodge around the premises that no current, end-game elite content should be legitimately completed within 2 minutes nor be completed without having to clear much of the map. I'm sorry, but your "elite" strategy is nothing but exploiting the fact that Captain Krom is already spawned and ready to smack around from the second the timer starts ticking. You know it, I know it, and the Devs surely know it.

To give you a good comparison of maps that can be accomplished within 2-3 minutes: The elite Brackenridge campaigns can be completed in about the same amount of time - after clearing mobs - and rightfully so. It is very old, low level content after all. Final-stage crypts can be plowed through - still killing mobs - and completed within 1-2 minutes. Uldim Fields, however, is elite content that 1) L36, 2) not a crypt, and 3) contains elite loot that just came out 2 weeks go. We should not be able to clear it within 2-3 minutes by exploiting Captain Krom's immediate spawning. EDIT: This map has completely different dynamics associated to it than what we've experienced in the past for AL. It's a new concept of clearing the map that is creative and should be enjoyed by players. By pulling Krom right off the bat and ignoring 95% of the map, it's a huge slap in the face to the developers who worked hard designing this map (in my opinion).

Please lay off your ego-trip for just a few minutes and really think about the purpose of this thread. We are all in this together to improve the game. We have many months remaining to enjoy this new content and I would like to see it running flawlessly and fairly for all players.

And for what it's worth, a good handful of posters within this thread were on the timed run leader board last season to include Alrisaia who knocked your team off of Kraag 2. There's no need to be condescending here, with many talented people reading your posts.

Nothing I said once intended to be condescending. My point that YOU are completely missing is that we have 20 maps with same basic format of just run down a path and kill boss. Also we use nearly 1/3 of the map in our 2:10 and have used other strategies that used different parts. We aren't neglecting the map we are just using the map in unorthodox ways. It's nice to have some versatility and my point was I disagree that the map should be changed because it is adding a new style of strategy in comparison the other elite maps. It's not any less challenging just a different type of challenge. Southern seas was a 3 minute map. The last map in kracken a 10 minute +. There has always been varying map lengths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Nothing I said once intended to be condescending. My point that YOU are completely missing is that we have 20 maps with same basic format of just run down a path and kill boss. Also we use nearly 1/3 of the map in our 2:10 and have used other strategies that used different parts. We aren't neglecting the map we are just using the map in unorthodox ways. It's nice to have some versatility and my point was I disagree that the map should be changed because it is adding a new style of strategy in comparison the other elite maps. It's not any less challenging just a different type of challenge. Southern seas was a 3 minute map. The last map in kracken a 10 minute +. There has always been varying map lengths.
    Fair enough. I just think Uldim Fields is a very creative idea, and people should enjoy and complete it properly. If you're doing that, then thank you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I will admit I don't have to kill as many as the developers intended. But we do not let the map go to waste

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

.....We should not be able to clear it within 2-3 minutes by exploiting Captain Krom's immediate spawning....
    Just that thers no exploiting in any way. U can start to fight him whenever u like.

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Correct, he is always spawned and you can start fighting him whenever you feel like. Usually it's wise to clear a path first.
    from: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...0-Captain-Krom

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Just that thers no exploiting in any way. U can start to fight him whenever u like.

from: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...0-Captain-Krom
    I stand corrected. Well, if that's the way they intended for us to complete the map, so be it. Unfortunately, it really just adds to the overall amount of trivial content that Shuyal provides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Theres no exploiting imo, the boss is there. If they want to make it hard for themselves by not clearing, then its legitimate.
    Credits to Iady

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Yep, you can run right up to his throne (where he's patiently sitting and waiting) and start killing him right away - although, there will be a group of mobs that followed you. Captain Krom is the same, hence the 2min 10sec elixer timed run on the leaderboards. Absolutely no challenge to these two maps.
    Krom is designed this way. It allows a solid team of players to take on the boss early and not clear a path, while allowing players that may not have the skill or gear to tank everything at once the ability to clear a path to the statues to take down the boss.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Oh look psyko...motivation to make it 1:30.
    We had 1 guy with combo, and that's it...we didn't even plat revive..but Taejo does have a point that even teams without the strategy we use can pull off 4 min runs which is kinda meh...but I enjoy it.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Is he now? That's a bug... we'll have that fixed next week probably and wipe the leaderboards for that dungeon since we are still very early in the season
    Yeah, u have to kill a huge mob before taking out the boss no bug dear