Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkar View Post
    K wow,

Literally played for about 7 hours or so today. Lvled a bird from 35-40 and
    Ran victory lap about 20 times. Time to stop complaining everyone. It seemed really balanced and both my bird and my bear were REALLY fun to play and nothitnmwas
    Overly hard or easy.

Only suggestion I have left is to finish tweaking the wpns so that some highervl ones don't end up being worse such as in thE case of most two hand weapons including some ballistas and bows/guns.

Also i feel that threat is really hard to keep with a bear so I propose this:
    - add in a high aggro generating combo (similar to cruel shot and terror) that a bear can perform on his own. My suggestion would be taunt and then hellscream or vice
    Versa. This would allow bears to generate some more aggro and keep the
    Bosses from running around the room half a fight as the mages and birds
    Kit them lol.
    +1 I like the idea of making Taunt part of a bear hate generating combo.
    Datecrepe -->lvl50 stank
    Auntflow -->lvl50 monthly marauder
    Squakward--> gold sponge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I pretty much never contribute to these types of things, but felt really compelled to offer some feedback. I am a super casual player and always had a really tough time with AO3. Pre-update I would always get booted from games with my lvl 48/49 characters (not pissed, just a fact), or try to run the level with a sub-par group of random people. It took me quite a while to clear all the levels b/c the group would always fail massively at the bosses (esp keeper and overlord) and then just fall apart. I think the only reason I EVER cleared AO3 was b/c a super good player let a few of us mediocre players ride his coattails (jjangmah if memory serves, thanks!)

After the update, random groups get bogged down less in mobs, and at least have a shot at killing the boss. Especially if you work together. Honestly, I have a lot more fun playing AO3 now than I ever did before. Seriously, besides some minor complaints about equipment, I think this update is really pretty cool. Nice work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

After a few days of playing with it, I don't mind the changes much. The slower fire rate on my bow isn't swell, but I'll deal. There seem to be a few glitchy areas--one I already posted in the Bugs thread, the other I'll add in a few. Other than that, the increased drop of green rares is more of a pain than anything. They're not really sellable items, you can only give so many away in a day and not that many people want them. Those newbies that do want them, can't use them and soon discover there's lots better stuff available. About the only change I'd like to see (to go along with the update) is to raise the number of items you can have in your inventory and still join someone. It seems weird to be able to have be able to increase your inventory, have increased drop rates and still have that 100 item cap to join. :/
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Liquidate greens before you leave the game so you can join the next one. There really is no point in holding onto them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Liquidate greens before you leave the game so you can join the next one. There really is no point in holding onto them.
    I try, but holy crap, there's a lot of them.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

We all kinda asked for that so we wouldn't be losing money in ao3. There used to be so few drops that it wouldn't even make up for the health pots used. But now they Nerfed the enemies AND gave us more loot, so coming up ahead here.

It is a bit frustrating if the next game is made too quickly. I try to tell the host to wait a minute before making but they don't always listen.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

OK, played my level 45 Mage last night in "Crush the Keeper" For about two hours and
    I must admit, it was actually very fun. Especially if you have more than one Mage. I was able to level up
    pretty fast.

Although I like playing my Bear instead, which is just still too slow and too weak and now too boring.
    Please add some strength, back to the Bears.

Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steverd View Post
    OK, played my level 45 Mage last night in "Crush the Keeper" For about two hours and
    I must admit, it was actually very fun. Especially if you have more than one Mage. I was able to level up
    pretty fast.

Although I like playing my Bear instead, which is just still too slow and too weak and now too boring.
    Please add some strength, back to the Bears.

Steverd
    I wish I couls agree, but my lvl 49 mage, who I gave up on a while back due to one shots, is simply way too powerful now. Just button mashing as we go thru. Team with 1 bear, 1 archer, and 3 mages took out everything no problem. Keeper presented little challenge as we simply stood there and took his blows without much problem. Took 4 minutes to kill him. Maybe had 3-4 deaths but with 3 mages that was no issue. I have begun to enjoy actually needing pulling skills with my bear. This update took the problems with mages in the opposite direction. They now are the leaders in a group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!
    50% armor down? WTF im quiting if this isen't fixxed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come on! at leas speed this up!! boring now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kills still seem too quick though.
    WTF whats wrong with you
    (coudnt find out how too comment on somones post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Haven't played with my main tank much, just don't care for the PUG's I've been running into in AO3. I've played my lv 33 alt tank a lot in the swamps and these are my thoughts...
    1. Even solo or with another tank, I still do pretty well on trash mobs. Balancing made me change tactics slightly, but I barely touched pots. With a full group, it was a breeze. "Sigh", the swamps are no longer the challange they used to be.

2. Wow, mages rock. Me and 3 mages ran the swamps without a death. Any of us. And I got the feeling that the 3 of them could have done it without any help. Crocs were falling over dead as soon as they were in range. With beckon and stomp nerfed, the mage is almost as good a tank as the tank.

3. It used to be isis = health, toth = mana, now both = a little of both. As a tank, I really miss the extra health I used to have. I've gotten over it, but I do miss it.

On the whole, my mage will reap the benefits of the current balancing act, and I could take it or leave it for my tank.
    Last edited by SamTheDog; 11-19-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank u so much eaxactly. Fix this my tank all STR lvl47 dies in AO2 trash mobs. i know lvl47 but still!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

The crocs aren't the only one's who die easily mow. All of ao3 is a joke with a few mages (haven't tested out my other two chars yet bc I didn't really see a point if my Mage does such a good job). I think they took the challenge out of the game, especially ao3. No strategy required anymore -- just go in and mash buttons. A group of three mages and two birds were even able to attack sniper, lorekeeper and the third mini boss (name slips my mind at the moment) with rarely a death. Used to be even bears would have trouble with the Snipers. Now they pose no threat.

It Might be fun like this for a little while, blasting through the whole victory lap in a few minutes. But it will likely get boring soon. Needs more depth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

We all kinda asked for that so we wouldn't be losing money in ao3.
    Sigh. True, that. Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what was the most recent change?
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no mroe free respecs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Oh man... I thought they'd last longer -- didn't use any. So does this mean the changes/nerfs are done? Wouldn't be fair to change them again without the free Respecs.

Does this mean the 'test period' is over and you guys are happy with the outcome? I'm a bit surprised if that's the case. Guess I'll just enjoy my god-like Mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The crocs aren't the only one's who die easily mow. All of ao3 is a joke with a few mages (haven't tested out my other two chars yet bc I didn't really see a point if my Mage does such a good job). I think they took the challenge out of the game, especially ao3. No strategy required anymore -- just go in and mash buttons. A group of three mages and two birds were even able to attack sniper, lorekeeper and the third mini boss (name slips my mind at the moment) with rarely a death. Used to be even bears would have trouble with the Snipers. Now they pose no threat.

It Might be fun like this for a little while, blasting through the whole victory lap in a few minutes. But it will likely get boring soon. Needs more depth.
    Exactly, game is for casual gamer now, no strategy required, run through zone, blast away, kill everything, no tank required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Exactly, game is for casual gamer now, no strategy required, run through zone, blast away, kill everything, no tank required.
    Yeah tanks are less of use, but they still are pretty good. They speed up the game heaps and take away having to die most of the time especially from mages. Would always prefer at least one in group.