Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Opinion on Mages being overpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    "if you want to get kills you chose the wrong class"

All im saying is that ofc rouge are the best a killing. They are the dmg class, but its not hard to get kills as a sorc. You want most kills, it is the wrong class.

Whats that kind of a statement? Why should only one class be able to achieve a lot of kills?

This is not true, all classes can get kills. Like it takes rouges longer to kill PvE mobs. We dont complain

Thats stupid. I played AL for a long time as a mage, do you expect me to change my class just because it gets me more pvp-kills?

I never said that, I said from the start, you pobably shouldve choosen rouge. Because if you knew you wanted to get PvP kills, you wouldnt exactly have choosen the support class

And discard all the other APs I got so far? Thats bridling the horse from the behind... All it needs to balance things out is to reduce rogues distance ability and thru wall ability and take away a little of their crit. Although... I'm willing to discuss the crit thing because a good skilled mage can have almost as much crit as a rogue... give u that.

You cant honestly mean you wanna take range from us? We dot have through the wall ability, its called lag. Crit should be nerfed, yes.

But the distance thing...thats really stupid. The only thing u have to do as a rogue is keep in the back, zig-zag to and fro and shoot your aimed shot. No real skill needed here. It works even through walls. Thats just plain crap. It doesnt work for mages. Tried it a lot. Its simply... unfair. I cant shoot through walls or even across the whole map like rogues. Why? Wheres the physical reasoning behind this, huh? Have you, soundless, ever played mage AND be succesful with it? I dont think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be a rogue anymore. lol. You're happy with your choice, dont you?

It isnt the only thing rouge have to do. PvE and 1v1-ing, that is a thing to master. You say you lag, so you see arrows through the wall, you cant pin that on rouges. I have a mage "Tinysound" I donthave perfect gear, but my kdr is positive. Fro, I dont know if you know, but ive wanted to be a mage since I started. I choose the rouge class because it was the only female class available. However I turne out to be happy with rouges.

I think success in this game should not be determined by what class you choose. It should be equal for all and determined by skill.

It indeed should. Sadly there is a thig called mythic gear. Theres a thing, being skilled at playing your doesnt mean being skilled at playing another class. Mages should be skilled at support, warrs tanking, rouges killing.bit does take skill

And thats what most rogues mistake here: they think they're more skilled than mages. That is as unreasonable and stupid as to say that someone's better just because of his/her upcoming. Baaaaah.

Never did I ever say that

oh, and you didnt understand one thing: a permanent ping of 1k means theres no way to wait it out. Its always there. I'm always a second behind. Worse than the lazy groundhog on a winterday. LOL:

Maybe try a better connection. I play on 3G a lot since it keeps a stable 300 ping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    Mages have the lowest armor, and the lowest health also. But i agree.

Lowest armor, NOT hp. Keep in mind you have 2 seconds of immortality and a lot of def by having that shield.

(ps. warrior is almost immortal and it doesn't need buffs)

Yes they do, they can hardly stay alove without maul
    Last edited by Soundlesskill; 09-09-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Live and work at Singapore with wife. But literally born in the Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I played endgame rougue,warrior and mage and all have positive kdr. I love both. Only that I use rougue coz its hard to maintain two characters.
    Both takes skills to master it. Using aimed shot is not just a tap button, its a skill. When and how to use it. Charge and uncharged it. Guessing the health of the enemy and when to deliver the finishing blow is a skill. Kiting is a skill. And knowing the range is a skill. Its part of the strategy coz rougues are very vulnerable to attacks(no 2 second invulnerability and shield).
    > I have seen rougues used aimed shot in the air. And uses SD at the wrong time.So mastering a class and being good at it is a skill.
    > I have seen mages kills rougues that just stay stunned. Crit and stun.
    > And warrior can do this too, I have seen warriors(CERO is one) killed rougue or mages without hitting back using a very good combo including the pet(slag) or stun pet.
    > So imo,all are fair. You need to play all classes for one to know and understand why I say(IMO) all class are fair.
    **based on my experience not only IMO.
    PL= Trumkae-Enchantress / SL= Kharmel-Commando / Karmhel-Operative / DL=Kharmel / Ghostrike / Bloodyheaven

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kharmel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Sadly, there is no pvp achievement for supporting. There is for killing (rogues) and flagging (warrs).

My suggestion is to introduce one for winning games. And implement forced random teams. No choice amymore. That would even things out and strongly encourage to play the role a class was designed to.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

And no one ever said anything against that Fro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    And no one ever said anything against that Fro

Yeah, but understand that this is the major source of frustration for so many mages. They have to work on an achievement they supposedly are not "designed" for.

If you want balance in game, program it that way that everyone has the same chances to get the achievments straight. As I see it, mages have a hard time getting to those pvp achievs. And I dont see any other achievments that other classes have more problems with than mages.

So if we talk LB for instance, there's your reason why some of them are dominated by rogues. The only class that is dominating something at all. No other class does that.

That is imbalance.

But you know what?

I start to suspect that the developers just want it that way... the imbalance. From what I know, there where huge problems with the engineers class in Star Legends for instance. Epic fights in PVP noone would win etc.

So it might be a solution for STS just to imbalance classes to avoid those things. And they chose Rogue class to be OP since it is a "female" character and therefore less chosen by (the more typical male-) player... (no offense intended).

Would've been just nice to know before I started building up this char.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Warriors are the most useful class in PvP and PvE. If you know the right build, have good gears and the right pets, a warrior would be simply destructive. Lets not forget that the warriors have the best heal, have the best armor, and best hp. If they buffed the warriors damage, it would make warriors OverPowered, and dominant.. All the other classes would be inferior to a warrior. Everyone would want to be a warrior if this was the case. A warrior could also have more dmg than rogues or mages. They are not underpowered at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Terp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Yeah, but understand that this is the major source of frustration for so many mages. They have to work on an achievement they supposedly are not "designed" for.

Designed for it, they still kill rouges easily

If you want balance in game, program it that way that everyone has the same chances to get the achievments straight. As I see it, mages have a hard time getting to those pvp achievs. And I dont see any other achievments that other classes have more problems with than mages.

I really dont see how its unfair, because mafes can kill as easily as rouges 1v1, probably not ks in group fights, because yout dont dmg single targets. When you are 1v1-ing most dmg would go to 1 target

So if we talk LB for instance, there's your reason why some of them are dominated by rogues. The only class that is dominating something at all. No other class does that.

Rouges dominating lb, I see mages all over that thing, i dont really are about lb anyways. At the end everyone on their class gets the same banner as the rouges.

That is imbalance.

But you know what?

I start to suspect that the developers just want it that way... the imbalance. From what I know, there where huge problems with the engineers class in Star Legends for instance. Epic fights in PVP noone would win etc.

So it might be a solution for STS just to imbalance classes to avoid those things. And they chose Rogue class to be OP since it is a "female" character and therefore less chosen by (the more typical male-) player... (no offense intended).

Would've been just nice to know before I started building up this char.
    Idk anything about SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terp View Post
    Warriors are the most useful class in PvP and PvE. If you know the right build, have good gears and the right pets, a warrior would be simply destructive. Lets not forget that the warriors have the best heal, have the best armor, and best hp. If they buffed the warriors damage, it would make warriors OverPowered, and dominant.. All the other classes would be inferior to a warrior. Everyone would want to be a warrior if this was the case. A warrior could also have more dmg than rogues or mages. They are not underpowered at all.
    How is it not imbalance when I see 2 warrs (1maul) can't kill bloodhammer elite in arena before e regens his full HP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I personally love overpowered bosses. It gives more challenge, and fun to it. Bosses were made to be extremely difficult or the game would be boring, just being able to kill the boss with two people is pretty boring. Bosses can never be too powerful. I don't find anything imbalanced about two warriors not being able to kill an elite bloodhammer. I think it should take a whole party to kill elite bloodhammer. I would hate to see easy bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

maybe I should remind you that we are on the pvp topic. Im not saying that mages are underpowered in Pve. Au contrair. I would gladly take a nerf for pve if I could get a doping in pvp. Bc pve is always doable with the right tactics, even for underpowered chars. This is not the case in pvp. That is what drives me crazy.

pvp is not about skills. its about gears and OP. That needs to be changed, at least to a point where skills can overpower gears. Not will, CAN.

Pve is about skills and tactics. thats the way it should be in pvp too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

maybe I should remind you that we are on the pvp topic. Im not saying that mages are underpowered in Pve. Au contrair. I would gladly take a nerf for pve if I could get a doping in pvp. Bc pve is always doable with the right tactics, even for underpowered chars. This is not the case in pvp. That is what drives me crazy.

pvp is not about skills. its about gears and OP. That needs to be changed, at least to a point where skills can overpower gears. Not will, CAN.

Pve is about skills and tactics. thats the way it should be in pvp too
    2 Mages in particular can overpower me. The first mage didn't have mythic ring aka low hp. The second mage didn't have shield but killed me anyways. I was full geared at that time (I believe it was L31). However I totally agree with you about the Gear > Kills. Because you don't just need skills, you need to master all your skills, all your kiting all yaddaddadayyadad. Because its That hard to kill full mythics. Fx. I killed a bunch of rouges 1v1 them being fully geared whilst I was not. But facing 1 rouge in particular killing me instantly by crittin me so bad, I just raged from the game. It should not be about gear, but about skill. I can mention a bunch of no skill people with gear.

PS. A lot of mages can kill rouges easily, using frost.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bah , most of the sorcs have 1022 this cap before this cap rouges had this amount of armor , and u needed 311dmg to crit 2.8k on a rouge , pro rouges should know this , just lower ur dmg to 311 and make up a hp build whit gearS not respecting, they have no chance vs u i tryed it it worked try it also
    Last edited by Cookietimee; 09-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

The only way a mage kills rogues or warriors is when he is OP over them with gear or he's in the lucky position to have a good team. Hard to find nowadays since everyone is already at the flag achievment while me little idiot works on that 10k kill achiev yet.

But we have a free respec weekend coming... and maybe i try frost over shield. see how that works. Shield is useless but only for 1v1 situations wich i avoid anyway with my bad ping. Thanks for the tip, soundless
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-11-2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spell check

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cookietimee View Post
    Bah , most of the sorcs have 1022 this cap before this cap rouges had this amount of armor , and u needed 311dmg to crit 2.8k on a rouge , pro rouges should know this , just lower ur dmg to 311 and make up a hp build whit gearS not respecting, they have no chance vs u i tryed it it worked try it also
    I tried lowering dmg for hp but no I get critted out still. 3,4 crit out

The only way a mage kills rogues or warriors is when he is OP over them with gear or he's in the lucky position to have a good team. Hard to find nowadays since everyone is already at the flag achievment while me little idiot works on that 10k kill achiev yet.

But we have a free respec weekend coming... and maybe i try frost over shield. see how that works. Shield is useless but only for 1v1 situations wich i avoid anyway with my bad ping. Thanks for the tip, soundless
    That be cool hit ne up in game NoisyKillar I'll be your dummie
    Last edited by Delphina; 09-13-2013 at 10:26 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Rogues will be rogues. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.
    We rogues simply die more with these updates but doesn't mean that we totaly can't kill. I intend to prevail despite all the unfavorable conditions set upon the rogue class. But definitely I won't be spending any more on this game because I feel a great injustice has been done by developers which simply don't justify the amount I've spent to enjoy it.
    My appeal to developers - something needs to be done, please look into our Mana department. With reduced damage in pvp, we simply run out of Mana too fast as we have to use more skills to deal the intended damage on our target. Perhaps to incorporate a certain amount of Mana in our health packs?
    This is my personal opinion though...thanks for your time

Sig by courtesy of Deadroth. Click on sig to visit his ArtFactory.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demonassa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Indeed demonassa, even before the implementation of damage reduction, a rogue would have trouble keeping up with mana. Yet this is a tradeoff to the amount of damage we are capable of dealing. Now that the dmg infliction got nerfed for every class, it is just justifiable that something has to be done to our mana. It's either incorporating mana heal in our hpacks or reduce the cost of mana required with our skills. This is jut my opinion tho
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Rogue will alwaya perceived OP due to the class versatility and essence of killing and dmg prone.any games not just rpg tht involve wipibg off your opppent is the element to fuel your gaming sense and continuity.

Ive noticed back in prev seasons when so many threads were discussing about nerfing rogue ability which i halfly agree.
    Part coz i ustand the core of killing is what driving us.the other part of disagreement when we alter the game and class framework just so to ensure continuity.whatwas what initially might score a unique bonus to AL (tho it doesnt vary much from other rpgs) starting to create loopholes.when we give we want more.the moment its given on the premise of everyones interest then it createa more need to patch it rather than a real solution that have long term effect.

I dont think i should debating about whos op and whos not.but i sincerely asking dec (as other classes do since early times) to relook at rogue mana consumption this season as it is personally to me more deficit than any break even return in terms of cost and consumption.ofc yes with given situation players need to figure out a way to make amend or adapt which involve perhaps significant change in strategy or gaming style.bt i do feel the mana burns out too fast (this is with common full dex build which should be the parameter) be it pve or pvp under a planned attacks not blind spamming.the consumption for my pve (with allocation of base stats and passive on intel) still consume roughly half more of usual consumption and best doubled from hp pots.rogue is a class tht must use pots regardless in battle for surv8vability and maximizing offensive moves but it has never been this much.i humbly ask to review,and pwrhaps rather than straightforward buffing the int capacity maybe the mana cost of skills cn be slightly reduce.thanks in advance for this.

I am not asking to reinforce rogue perceived op or giving more benefits tp rogue.but if rogue cn make obvious and significant request perhaps now is the time.this is felt nt just by minority and those who have played from day1 are those who knows the pattern and best to verify whether this is a crucial things to relook.i wasnt here since season 1 bt to date this is what i feel towards rogue ability this season.and as how most perceived recent nerf and buff for other classes are fair and make things balance for competition so be it.but hopefully the mana issue can be given consideration by all.

I died easily now from a tank attack or mage dmg.i am not asking to nerf whatever the recent rewards but i can share the thing im struggling this season.in fact where in an ideal situation we have to adjust and adapt trust me at least from myself i have tried to consider all possible opportunities to adapt.so do other players i feel.

Hoping delp and team will consider to review this.thanks.
    Last edited by Alfai; 09-13-2013 at 03:35 PM.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I think this update was intended to change balance. Not even things out so that we are back to point A. That would have rendered it redundant.
    The update itself is proof that the developers deemed the balance tipped too much in favor of one class (in pvp).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only Chris Norris is OP , so leave it and enjoy the game