Thread: Re-roll problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Re-roll problems

Hey everybody,

I'm still trying to get a grip around this re-roll procedure.
    I bought some platinum this a.m. on the advice of one you folks. He told me that I needed plat, can't buy the elixir with gold. Then I purchased I think it was 25% loot re-roll.

I then went though 3 maps without a chest falling. I did a quest, and a chest fell when I picked up my money. But they come and go so fast I don't know how you can do anything with them.

What am I doing wrong?

And another question. When the free respec ends Sunday, does it mean 12:01 Sunday morning or 11:59 Sunday night. Thanks for any help you offer me. I can't understand why I can't figure this out.

Deke and Dinella

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Well, this is n the wrong section, but I'll answer anyways.

A loot reroll elixir works like this:
    25% Loot Reroll Elixir has a 25% chance to give you better loot. Whenever you get a drop, there will be a roll similar to a circle graph. 25% willbe filled with something like "yes you will get a reroll" and the other 75% will say something like "no you won't get a reroll". Of course, it won't directly say that to you, but that is essentially what happens. Now, if you do reroll, it will only increase the items' rarity by one stage. So if you were initially going to get an epic item, and you reroll, then you would get a legendary item instead. Also, a loot reroll elixir stacks with leprechaun amulet and/or one hour combo elixir. So, 25% loot reroll elixir + leprechaun amulet (15%) = 40% chance to reroll. The one hour combo elixir from the store gives you a 30% loot reroll elixir, but Klaas gives 25% loot reroll when he gives you a combo elixir.

And about free respecs, it'll most likely end sometime Sunday when the developers (devs) decide to do an update. Or it'll last until sometime Monday, because I believe they don't work on weekends. So respec all you can to find the right build!
    Last edited by Drearivev; 09-14-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Well, this is n the wrong section, but I'll answer anyways.

A loot reroll elixir works like this:
    25% Loot Reroll Elixir has a 25% chance to give you better loot. Whenever you get a drop, there will be a roll similar to a circle graph. 25% willbe filled with something like "yes you will get a reroll" and the other 75% will say something like "no you won't get a reroll". Of course, it won't directly say that to you, but that is essentially what happens. Now, if you do reroll, it will only increase the items' rarity by one stage. So if you were initially going to get an epic item, and you reroll, then you would get a legendary item instead. Also, a loot reroll elixir stacks with leprechaun amulet and/or one hour combo elixir. So, 25% loot reroll elixir + leprechaun amulet (15%) = 40% chance to reroll. The one hour combo elixir from the store gives you a 30% loot reroll elixir, but Klaas gives 25% loot reroll when he gives you a combo elixir.

And about free respecs, it'll most likely end sometime Sunday when the developers (devs) decide to do an update. Or it'll last until sometime Monday, because I believe they don't work on weekends. So respec all you can to find the right build!
    For the most part, that is all we know about luck percentages in AL. While the "Class Rarity Bump" theory seems logical, I believe it also bumps up from different loot tables as well.

For example, if you were about to loot a pink and at the tiny time interval before which your loot was chosen, Re-roll activates. You can't loot a mythic, thats impossible. But you will instead loot another pink.

However the chatbox will say you re-rolled into better loot. How does the game tell which loot is better than other loot? That is why I believe there are many loot tables that are at work behind the scenes.

Sometimes when I run kraken mines, I receive tons of re-rolls but only epics and greens. This might possibly imply that when the Devs "nerf" loot rates, they are actually creating more loot tables. That would mean that your re-rolls are working fine, it just takes more luck to hit the top tier and re-roll into a pink.

This is my interpretation of the game mechanics... Just a theory of course.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    For the most part, that is all we know about luck percentages in AL. While the "Class Rarity Bump" theory seems logical, I believe it also bumps up from different loot tables as well.

For example, if you were about to loot a pink and at the tiny time interval before which your loot was chosen, Re-roll activates. You can't loot a mythic, thats impossible. But you will instead loot another pink.

However the chatbox will say you re-rolled into better loot. How does the game tell which loot is better than other loot? That is why I believe there are many loot tables that are at work behind the scenes.

Sometimes when I run kraken mines, I receive tons of re-rolls but only epics and greens. This might possibly imply that when the Devs "nerf" loot rates, they are actually creating more loot tables. That would mean that your re-rolls are working fine, it just takes more luck to hit the top tier and re-roll into a pink.

This is my interpretation of the game mechanics... Just a theory of course.
    That could be true....but is a locked crate the highest it goes? I was wondering that because in the Hauntlet, I looted a crate without a reroll. So if I did get a reroll, I wonder what I would've got. Of course, like you say, there are probably many loot tables, so it would probably reroll into another legendary item.