Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fairplay in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    strongly agreed. Ban the choice button!! It would solve oh-so-much problems.

The only problem might be: how do you prevent people from just leaving an undesired team? They'd leave and join, leave and join until they have their "right" team?
    Like a usual CTF match you leave, you join another game. Which leads me to remove the join button on friend-guild-party list.
    They can leave, but couldnt get back in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Joining the winning side really doesn't make somebody strong. He does have a point. Why? They were strong without you, so the only reason one would join the winning side is for selfish reasons that originate to their own weaknesses.

I always join the weaker side because challenges are what makes somebody stronger - not easy battles.
    I know someone. He is always joining the weak team. But he doesn't get stronger until now. Why?
    All because gears and skills.
    You join the weaker team and kill the stronger, so you stated that makes you strong, you have gears dude.

Hmm and I think you all just get mad that you are getting ganged when PvP right? (Just a thought)

And also what the hell is KDR? KDR means nothing in PvP. Prove with act not just numbers.
    If we are talking about KDR, go kill dummies.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    I know someone. He is always joining the weak team. But he doesn't get stronger until now. Why?
    You join the weaker team and kill the stronger, so you stated that makes you strong, you have gears dude.

Hmm and I think you all just get mad that you are getting ganged when PvP right? (Just a thought)

And also what the hell is KDR? KDR means nothing in PvP. Prove with act not just numbers.
    Apollo was simply stating that going against players that have better gear or a better team ultimately improves your skills.

I've never owned Mythic or Arcane anything, yet I achieved Warmonger status while playing against some of the best all-time PvPers. Skill/Tactics can make up for a significant deficit in gear. One does not learn these skills farming and spawn killing with the superior team. You learn effective tactics, kiting range, skill rotation, when to press and when to retreat when you are outnumberd and/or out gunned.

Hovering at a spawn entrance and bum-rushing someone 5v1 doesn't help make you better - that's all he was saying.

I do agree that KDR is a relatively meaningless stat and not indicative of true skill. I know many great PvPers who barely have a 1:1 KDR, yet when I see them on the other team, I know that they are to be respected. It's not the KDR that I respect, it's the skill and teamwork that are most intimidating.
    Last edited by GoodSyntax; 09-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post

1. Of course there will be exceptions as not everybody has the capacity to learn from their mistakes.

2. When I'm getting ganged, I just call my warriors to help me out. It's not a big deal. The gangers usually leave after 1-2 deaths because they're the ones who care about KDR - not me.

3. When did I mention KDR? If you're going to get aggressive, at least understand the post correctly.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

lol the concept is of the room is capture the flag its normal to be gang! just fight back and make a strategy how to turn the tides.

i rather be in the team who is being gang and try to turn the tides. its very challenging ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Lol I'm tired of warrs vs 4tanks and 1 rouges. No such thig as fairplay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Fair play is what users do in the game. Like spawn killing is not. Ganging is not. Not letting teams regroup is not. Fair play.

To minimize the mess thats with team choice... yes, again. eliminate choice button.

Oh, and another thing. A little episode... Today I freaked out ingame (wich I rarely do) because a team was lucky enough to be able to spawn kill me like 10 times in a row without letting me go to my team. Finally we made it to group after several attempts to do so. When we where together the tides changed and we killed them off. Then we adopted the behavior of the other team and didnt let them regroup. Now. That might seem like a very awful thing, but as I said, i was really fed up. And there needed a lesson to be given about fair play.
    In all seriousness one of the other team guys said: You were complaining about ganging and now you are ganging urself!?! And I answered: this is punishment. Since u r not able to apply fair play in the first place although i asked several times for it, it seems to me you have to learn it the hard way. After that they just called me noob, but still got killed until the game was over (due to flagging).

My point is: whenever someone is playing unfair, be aware, that the other team can do that to you too and the punishment for that might come at a much higher price. Yes, u can just leave then, but thats cowardice and you know it. Oh, and for those who dont: cowardice=incompetence.

So if you want the real thing out of pvp, namely competition and reassuring comparison, leave unfair play and stick with some basic rules: No spawn killing and no persistent ganging (2v4 is no ganging, I think we all agree on that).

Some will say, its pvp and there are no rules. Wrong. We are all human beeings and we have to stick to the same framework of social behaviour as we do in the real world. At least to the most common low denominator. Fairness.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

i usually leave when other team have better gear and doesn't show a will to end the match A.S.A.P.

i always remind myself that PVP maps are made for rich characters, but i can't resist to try it, even with obvious result. but for me, there's absolutely no fun in pvp.

i have a wild imagination that there will be a pvp map, where chars can only use same gears and pets. so it will be the battles of true builds and skills. but, what the odds for STS would be? haha

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I don't play pvp very often because I have 100% PvE specification and I really don't feel like respecing five times in a day.

I always wondered why the arena is called CTF. I thought that goal of the session is to win by capturing more flags than the opposite team.

But usually one or two guys say immediately "don't kill me, I just need flags" and the rest forms a gangbang party instructing the flagger not to score the 5th flag.

I think because killing is so funny and flagging is not, many guys are unhappy because the LB is only about flags today.

We had several threads about new APs. I think pvp needs serious improvements too because as it is now, it is just a plain kill farming arena.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    hmm lets start with what room did you join in? is it TDM or Flag room.

if it is flag - the rules are simple kill the other team and get the flag and score. there is not rules use strategy that will make you win. that game is not about killing only. i think you guys miss-out the concept of the pvp room you joined.

You join Capture Flags -meaning the concept of this room is to get the Flag!

2nd team death match. now this room is all about killing. the concept is what team can reach 20kills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution is space time need to create another pvp room for team match.

game concept 5-5 team match.
    game will start when each team got 5 players same level.
    there is one way map that leads to the middle.
    then when you die you will resurrect to spawn area but you cant join until one team is whipeout.
    Then the system will score blue or read team 1 point.

this is the only solution can think of to have a fair pvp game. so people dont keep on whining and crying iv been gang huhuh!
    I love this idea..... i have been saying this since i started playing

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I am relatively new to PVP as i have previously concentrated on PVE (so that i can at least say that i am fairly good at something lol). I would have to agree with the previous posts, that CTF should be a game based on actually that. I appreciate that CTF arena is a great arena (imo the better of the 2) and that people do go there to have a dam good scrap, but i do think that most people forget what the object of the game is in that arena.

That being said the PVP etiquette somewhat baffles me. I am all for fair play and have learnt many unwritten rules over this weekend having repsec'd multiple times, taking advantage of the free respec on offer. During this time i observed the following:

Join a game with 5 on one side and 3 on another. I join the team with 3 players and run to where my team-mates are. On route to my team i turn a corner and find the opposition, who then 5v1 me as soon as they see me. They then camp outside my spawn point making it impossible for me to regroup, and only letting me out when my team attempts to help me. Upon this happening (being uncontrollably angry because of the constant kill spawns) i then would contact some of my warrior friends with a Maul to help me out (thank you btw for coming so fast). They arrive, we regroup and then by chance we see 2 of the other team, where we return the favour of gang kill, just to make them aware of how annoying it is. Then comes the abuse..... Because they are now being ganged they dont like it, and turn into a bunch of little whiny btches, throwing insults to vent their frustration.

This happened to me at least 50 times over the weekend, and tbh its the reason why i dont play much. I like PVE because there are no mobs to whine at you whilst you are killing them.

I have also however, had the privilege of playing with some of the great PVPers. Beatriixx, Apollo, Epillon, Reincell, Flagoman just to name a few, and this was a totally different experience. They all regroup and let the opposition regroup, to make the fight fair, and a hell of a lot more interesting. I have to say i thoroughly enjoyed every minute with u guys, so thank you.

My point is that STS may want to look at Sptcuz suggestion below, it might well be the solution that everyone is looking for. CTF IMO should be kept for capture the flag as it was intended..... So perhaps to implement this suggestion may be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    hmm lets start with what room did you join in? is it TDM or Flag room.

if it is flag - the rules are simple kill the other team and get the flag and score. there is not rules use strategy that will make you win. that game is not about killing only. i think you guys miss-out the concept of the pvp room you joined.

You join Capture Flags -meaning the concept of this room is to get the Flag!

2nd team death match. now this room is all about killing. the concept is what team can reach 20kills.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution is space time need to create another pvp room for team match.

game concept 5-5 team match.
    game will start when each team got 5 players same level.
    there is one way map that leads to the middle.
    then when you die you will resurrect to spawn area but you cant join until one team is whipeout.
    Then the system will score blue or read team 1 point.

this is the only solution can think of to have a fair pvp game. so people dont keep on whining and crying iv been gang huhuh!
    Im sorry if my lack of knowledge offended anyone, or if i have missed the point and gone off on a rant and if i have missed anything or i dont understand things fully, please correct me.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I believe in fair play such as no ganging when the other person doesn't even have a team(when the courtesy is given first or at the very least returned of course) but I wonder about the regrouping thing. One plays PVP to win, no other reason; nobody plays to lose.

So here's my question on the regrouping thing. If There's a group in say TDM one warrior and three rogue snipers beating my team of say 2 rogues and 2 mages ,until we take the rogues down first, why should we let them regroup? Divide and conquer I say, why should the chance be given for them to regroup if we can easily destroy them 1-1 individually or even in teams when they are clearly besting us with the previous approach? It's part of the strategy.

I mean when I have as opposition 4 warriors I'm not eager for them to get together again I try to keep them apart at any cost, why should I put myself at a disadvantage for some false sense of honor? If they are good/smart they will regroup by themselves, I don't have to ALLOW it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terracio View Post
    I believe in fair play such as no ganging when the other person doesn't even have a team(when the courtesy is given first or at the very least returned of course) but I wonder about the regrouping thing. One plays PVP to win, no other reason; nobody plays to lose.

So here's my question on the regrouping thing. If There's a group in say TDM one warrior and three rogue snipers beating my team of say 2 rogues and 2 mages ,until we take the rogues down first, why should we let them regroup? Divide and conquer I say, why should the chance be given for them to regroup if we can easily destroy them 1-1 individually or even in teams when they are clearly besting us with the previous approach? It's part of the strategy.

I mean when I have as opposition 4 warriors I'm not eager for them to get together again I try to keep them apart at any cost, why should I put myself at a disadvantage for some false sense of honor? If they are good/smart they will regroup by themselves, I don't have to ALLOW it.
    You have a point here. But i think what most people here say is when after a fight people try to regroup and the other team uses this to their advantage, running from one spawn to the other just to kill the outnumbered team eberytime they spawn. Until this team is not spawning all tgther in the same room, this can be a very disconcerting experience, wich very often makes people angry to a point of rage. And yes, this should not happen, because this is not fair play.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I think PVP its better if it's play like Counter Strike, with time limit and one team defending and the other team attacking. Just a thought
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]