Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback on New Gale Force, Devs please read :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot
    B) simply shorten the length of the dash (its rediculously far) and make it an instant movement. When I use skyward smash if I hit a wall I can immediately move, but on my mage if I hit a wall there are a few seconds where I can't move at all (just as bad as being thrown into the mobs).
    This is definitely something to consider. On the other hand, I noticed that you can still perform attacks and charge up skills (like a fireball) while your sorcerer is decelerating from the dash. This in itself is a unique capability that differs greatly from Skyward Smash and Shadow Pierce. It works well when you aim your dash correctly and your fireball actually goes where you want it to. But if you run into a wall, go the wrong way, or your fireball goes haywire, it's not very beneficial.

I also noticed that if you let go of directional control while the dash is in progress, your sorcerer automatically turns around once they come to a complete stop. Is this intentional?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    This is definitely something to consider. On the other hand, I noticed that you can still perform attacks and charge up skills (like a fireball) while your sorcerer is decelerating from the dash. This in itself is a unique capability that differs greatly from Skyward Smash and Shadow Pierce. It works well when you aim your dash correctly and your fireball actually goes where you want it to. But if you run into a wall, go the wrong way, or your fireball goes haywire, it's not very beneficial.

I also noticed that if you let go of directional control while the dash is in progress, your sorcerer automatically turns around once they come to a complete stop. Is this intentional?
    Idk mate. Out of the ideas thrown around "bash" and just lessening length of dash are the two most popular. It seems that the people voting for a "bash" skill are thinking for PvE and those voting shorten the length are thinking PvP. And of course those who want it to stay as is are taking full advantage if unlimmited flags, lol we have all seen it.

My personal vote is dictated on whether or not mage armor (or hp) is scaled higher for PvP. If not, let them run. If yes, just make it a bash skill like skyward smash or shadow pierce.