Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
I feel your frustration more than you would probably guess. However, I believe that your solution does not adequately address the problem. The assumption you have made is that the level difference is so massive that it isn't fair for lower levels. But why is that? It's because the gear change as far as stats go is such a massive difference. In other words, the problem is that a character ten levels higher than the opposing character can destroy him because his gear is so much better. In essence, the gap between levels stat-wise is too big!

Based on the above logic, the solution would not be to change the level range, but rather change the stats themselves. This is something I've been asking them to do for...well about three years now. In many other mmo's the big difference between 1 and 80 often has more to do with upgrading skills than actual gear. That is the way I believe Pl should be.

The reason I believe shortening the level ranges is a bad idea is due to lack of players in general. You're lucky to even find a game 5 levels higher than you from my experience. If stats were less of a massive difference every 5 levels, players could all play together much more fairly and they could even increase the limit of levels.

One opposition to this idea is that the PvE aspect of the game might suffer. I believe this assumption is wrong because your character is, in fact, improving across the levels even if it is at a slow rate. People often say that the PvE content wouldn't get any harder if the characters don't get much more powerful. Again, I believe this argument is invalid because it assumes "harder" means the enemy has more hp and damage. This is a poor definition of the word "hard." Harder should imply a better use of strategy and teamwork, not more girding and epic weapons.

Make any sense? Sorry for the rant...
Np I get what your saying but I actually do find 5 level higher ppl quite a lot most of the time..