Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just an idea for Sts and the valiant rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just an idea for Sts and the valiant rings

Bring a possibility to earn the valiant glory ring for everyone. All you would need to do is a second elite 76 map with an insane hard and long taking (like a month) quest that rewards a vanity piece needed for the ring. Also bring a new vanity set (Helm+Armor) that drops from the new map's boss. Crafting this set will grant a second vanity needed for the ring. Worn with the Eye of Eternity, the quested vanity and the vanity from the new set will then make it possible to obtain the three piece ring for everyone who works long and hard.
    This would also be a solution for Rhinos and Foxes who never had been able to obtain a valiance/valiant ring at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Here we go again..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

mayb stg can make a founder elite map also for the people that didnt get to do it

Quick! Staring contest...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to billybob1 For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megamage View Post
    Bring a possibility to earn the valiant glory ring for everyone. All you would need to do is a second elite 76 map with an insane hard and long taking (like a month) quest that rewards a vanity piece needed for the ring. Also bring a new vanity set (Helm+Armor) that drops from the new map's boss. Crafting this set will grant a second vanity needed for the ring. Worn with the Eye of Eternity, the quested vanity and the vanity from the new set will then make it possible to obtain the three piece ring for everyone who works long and hard.
    This would also be a solution for Rhinos and Foxes who never had been able to obtain a valiance/valiant ring at all.
    This has been mentioned more times than I can try to keep up with. I'm not getting into the "for" or "against" argument, but if it has not been implemented by now, it probably won't be.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    Here we go again..
    Destination ends.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

A month is nothing compare to what those who have the ring spent time on.
    I started at fang cap and stopped at 65 and 70. Before the elite rings were made.
    That was my mistake. Let those who capped and stuck with the game be rewarded.
    I don't have a ring, but do fine against them against pvp. It makes it more of a challenge and achievement to beating them.
    Just get dragon and you'll do fine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cavoc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I haven't played PL in many months, but I still have my dragon sets (1 of each of them) and did not yet craft because there really is no point of it. I paid huge money for those sets last year before the drop rates increased, and I did so for the bonus stats.

So then STS says they are combining the bonus with this elite ring. I can't get the ring yet because I only have 2 elite vanities (level 71 & 76). So they say wait for the next one. Well, it's now been a year and I'm still waiting, and now I hear they may never have another expansion?

If they are never going to have another expansion, then they should indeed have a way for me to get my dragon set bonus back.

Next I'll log in to find out that they took my Demonic Mace Set and made the stats like a green item LOL. It seems they just constantly take the best items in this game and make the stats common or make them have no stats at all. At least they don't pull this crap in AL.

I just wish I had a way to transfer the 2k plat I have in PL over to AL, because it looks like I will never use it in PL. What a shame...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    A month is nothing compare to what those who have the ring spent time on.
    I started at fang cap and stopped at 65 and 70. Before the elite rings were made.
    That was my mistake. Let those who capped and stuck with the game be rewarded.
    I don't have a ring, but do fine against them against pvp. It makes it more of a challenge and achievement to beating them.
    Just get dragon and you'll do fine.
    A month is nothing? It only takes some days to cap when you use elixiers. The problem is that most people never HAD the chance to do it more than one time....
    And challenge and achievment to beat someone who has valiant ring? Nope, it just completely takes the fun out of pvp, especially when fighting your own class. I'm a savage mage and use red dragon ring, but I only can win against a valiant pally with luck, cause i hit like 30 less crit damage, he dodges alot more, he has a bit more crit and, not to forget, 55 more life. And the 3 int/dex/str grant some extra useful stats to him that I miss.
    I just want a possibility to earn that op ring too....
    Last edited by Megamage; 09-25-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

A month is nothing? It only takes some days to cap when you use elixiers. The problem is that most people never HAD the chance to do it more than one time....
    And challenge and achievment to beat someone who has valiant ring? Nope, it just completely takes the fun out of pvp, especially when fighting your own class. I'm a savage mage and use red dragon ring, but I only can win against a valiant pally with luck, cause i hit like 30 less crit damage, he dodges alot more, he has a bit more crit and, not to forget, 55 more life. And the 3 int/dex/str grant some extra useful stats to him that I miss.
    It really isn't as hard as you make it seem.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

your idea great.. i ll try tell to everyone a story, i havent cap ring and we pvp with a Guild M, he used cap ring and score 10-2 i lose, than he take out ring for a fair duel Mage vs Mage, 30-0 i win... than my friend to said " rings np ublablabla " he have that ring we pvp bear vs my mage and score 10-8 i lose , he out ring and score 10-0 i win... than i stop pvp coz its not fair game.. waiting cap almost 1 year for a cap and i just hear there no new cap... i think a way for rings not so hard, pl have new ugly + weak drops, idk why sts wasted time on this items and not wasteing time for a cap or a way for rings..

Sory for my bad english..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I don't have a dragon ring or a valiant/capping ring and I perform just fine in pvp against them. Sure it's an advantage, but it can be countered.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

I'd say just go play another game or something until there is a new cap, it's not like PL is the only game. When you get a "solution" on forums you'll always get those smartasses like him in your face ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Dang easy sus, Robert knows what he's talking about.
    Just my smartass opinion

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

And you don't think people would use elixirs for the quest? And yes, a month is nothing. Some may have capped in days, but it's not like they quit right after. The stay for the duration of that cap, and moved on to the next one. Which is well over a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Why should someone playing less than a year get the same items I have for being a devoted player and plat spender for 2.5+ years?

Many pvp players only have dragon rings and they learn to compete with cap rings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I don't have any rings and did just fine during Fang (last time I did end game).

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

On my 74 I've learned to compete with endgamers though...
    No dragon ring, no elite ring, dang, not even a PLAT ring.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    On my 74 I've learned to compete with endgamers though...
    No dragon ring, no elite ring, dang, not even a PLAT ring.
    Exactly. All these people complain about rings, when really the thing that determines the outcome of a fight is the skill of the player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Exactly. All these people complain about rings, when really the thing that determines the outcome of a fight is the skill of the player.
    Or lag.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueSkied For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default Just an idea for Sts and the valiant rings

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    Or lag.
    Depends on how bad the lag is xD