Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

You cannot nerf these items as some folks have spent quite a bit of gold to buy them and they would rage if the stats were changed (I would too if I had purchased one). However, at the rate these rings are dropping they will be worth very little soon enough. And with their drastic drop in value, they will pull down the value of all other good legendary/mythic rings.

So here is my proposed solution:

1) Convert these rings into legendary/pink items to replace Locked Crates as the legendary item in the drop table from these 4 "elusive" bosses.

2) Add Golden Chests (non-elite) to the drop table as the epic item. Remember that unlike Bael & Krunch, these are NOT elite bosses, and so the chests they drop should be non-elite.

3) Which kind of Golden Chest each boss drops can depend on which campaign he appears in. For example, First Mate appears in Kraken, so he can drop Golden Pirate Chests. Since Skratch appears in various tombs and not in one single campaign, maybe he should drop Golden Puzzle Boxes.

4) This would encourage the wearing of leprechaun pendants and the purchasing of luck elixirs. One re-roll would turn your golden chest into one of these prized rings.

5) Since fewer rings will be dropping, they will retain their value better.

6) This is a very similar drop table to the Krunch/Bael drop tables except the chests will be non-elite.

STG should implement this fix ASAP before the economy for rings is ruined.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

lol cant nerf? lol remember what happen the last three season when they nerfed stuff? a lot of people lost millz

most specifically the change they have where dex now affects warrior etc, - totally changed everything

people losing millions from, it will not stop sts .. and tbh i think that 7.8dmg is a mistake :/ max dmg rings / amulet i seen like 3.0-4.0

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

STS staff probably still on vacation atm, cause they do nothing to immediately fix the problem. Based on this veryyyy late response, they probably intentionally to make this ring have 7.8 damage and only epic rarity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I can't disagree more. Either keep the drop rate as it is now or nerf these rings. People who are saying to reduce the drop rate or whatever are saying this because they are trying to exploit a bug. They should fix this bug and no one should be able to take advantage of it. STS doesn't set the prices for any item and they can't be held responsible because people paid millions for an epic ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

They should be epic as if you attacking Skratch or Crystal Boss, chance to get locked is the only reason killing them, since their rings are bad.
    If you don't want to reroll, don't kill them with reroll, lol.
    Your advertisement could be here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anibiag View Post
    They should be epic as if you attacking Skratch or Crystal Boss, chance to get locked is the only reason killing them, since their rings are bad.
    If you don't want to reroll, don't kill them with reroll, lol.
    Um, what?
    Pirate and Inferno give a higher damage boost than mythic rings if I'm correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

I bought a lil mini version of the ring just to play around, and it is a fun ring but people might want to consider that other things might be in the works as well. Just because a new ring is out there (and I know the +dmg is crazy) people should maybe consider the fact that the current shuyal ring is now 1 season old. It's very possible that new rings and amulets are coming out shortly which will be far superior to these new rings. Speculation is speculation of course - who knows what will happen.

One thing you can be certain of however - they just had a plat sale and trying to get you to spend that plat is now very likely. Whether that's in the form of popping crates or not for new items is up to you to speculate on.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

STS should not nerf them but discontinue them completely, that way they can't be farmed anymore to ruin the value of other rings but if you have one you're lucky as its value just increased due to being rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I honestly think those stats are just a mistake on STS's part.

First there is the extreme amount of damage they add. It's simply totally out of place. There has never been such a huge increase in damage on any ring. At best there is 5-6 base damage added for the next best generation of rings, compared to the previous best ones. When a ring increases your base damage by 15+ at end level, again compared to the previous best ones, you got to start thinking that this was not how it was intended to be.

Second, rings don't usually scale damage like that and if they do they stop scaling after a maximum amount of damage. My guess is that there's a problem with the scaling of those rings or the base damage before scaling.

Third, if all of the above wouldn't be enough to start thinking this might be a mistake, those rings are purple.

My guess is that these rings have stats that weren't intended, and if so the stats will be lowered. Honestly, anyone who bought these rings at extreme prices should know that something isn't right and shouldn't complain when a glitch is corrected.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Guys the game are expanding only

Guys in future the game will expand new mytc ring, mytc new amulet ring, 7.8 dmg is lower if they create a new mytc ring.Dont care about buy only drop your ring and wait!I think STS is only starting with this itens the game will have new itens mytc! think about the future of the game 4.0 dmg is so lower for the future!xD
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mcdaleste; 09-29-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Did you consider that the damage amount could be intentional?

Recently there was a post in the suggestions forum (I forgot who wrote it) that suggested adding items into the game that were not uniform, but instead had very irregular stats. Like high damage or high armor, but other stats really bad. The suggestion was to basically to push players to make tough decisions instead of everyone knowing that a certain ring is the best ring in all ways.

I agreed with the post as I thought it would add diversity to player builds, much in the same way we have diversity in skill builds. In the first 3 seasons, end game elite players all wore different gear. There was constant debate over which ring, amulet, armor/helm, or weapon was the "best". Staff or gun? Bow or dagger?

Since last season, 95% of elite end game players now just wear full mythic and all look the same. I think the suggestion was to try to break that cycle. The first step STG took was to introduce a second set of mythic weapons. So now some sorcerers (like myself) still use the gun and prefer the range and lack of aiming needed, while others are willing to sacrifice the range and auto-aim ability for the slightly better stats of the staff.

I think adding rings like this will add more of this element to the game. Now some players are going to want the higher damage, so they will use a pirate ring, while others want the survivability and will use the mythic ring, and others still will want something in the middle and will use an archon or troll ring. The point is we now have choices.

All that said, this ring should be legendary and NOT epic. This is the only case I have ever seen in the entire game where luck elixirs would actually be discouraged from using. I can't imagine that is intentional. Change the drop schedule to look like Bael & Krunch. Give everyone a gold chest automatically, and if you earn a re-roll (or if you are lucky to earn a legendary item without a re-roll) then you get the good ring.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I can't disagree more. Either keep the drop rate as it is now or nerf these rings. People who are saying to reduce the drop rate or whatever are saying this because they are trying to exploit a bug. They should fix this bug and no one should be able to take advantage of it. STS doesn't set the prices for any item and they can't be held responsible because people paid millions for an epic ring.
    THIS is not a BUG.. a bug can be a ring show give 3.0 damage and when u equip it u got 40+ damage this is a bug and its a client bug..

this rings are not a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I'm being told you don't have to kill a single mob to find these guys in a map. If that's true, then this is another issue to add to your list of fixes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If its intentional then nothing should be changed. Everyone should have the same chance to loot one of these rings as everyone before them. If its not intentional, then all rings in the game should be corrected regardless of what anyone paid for these rings. And I am speaking as someone who has one of these rings. So if they get nerfed I lose out too. However these epics rings make the legendary rings look like greens. All of the troll rings and archon rings are now worthless. Why would you pay for +3 damage when you could pay to get +15 damage. And because of the availability, these new rings are cheaper then what the troll or archon rings were selling for. So when you add this all up, I can't see this being intentional.

So keep everything as it is now or nerf everything. This is the only two fair options in my opinion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

If its intentional then nothing should be changed. Everyone should have the same chance to loot one of these rings as everyone before them. If its not intentional, then all rings in the game should be corrected regardless of what anyone paid for these rings. And I am speaking as someone who has one of these rings. So if they get nerfed I lose out too. However these epics rings make the legendary rings look like greens. All of the troll rings and archon rings are now worthless. Why would you pay for +3 damage when you could pay to get +15 damage. And because of the availability, these new rings are cheaper then what the troll or archon rings were selling for. So when you add this all up, I can't see this being intentional.

So keep everything as it is now or nerf everything. This is the only two fair options in my opinion.
    Can we get one of your famous "nerf bat" memes posted? Those always seem to have the most influence on complex issues such as this

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

sts put this rings on theys base date with 15+ damage and put it on client too with 15+ damage this can't be a bug or error.. 2 times put the same error on table? i don't think so..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Can we get one of your famous "nerf bat" memes posted? Those always seem to have the most influence on complex issues such as this
    Name:  crybaby.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  250.7 KB

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This new itens are destroying the mytc ring we need a new mytc ring! but the price of mytc ring lv 31 is gonna down more!only high the rather of pirate rings and create a new legendary and new mytc or change epic for legendary!
    Think different! Try and make Better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I'm being told you don't have to kill a single mob to find these guys in a map. If that's true, then this is another issue to add to your list of fixes.
    If that's not enough, there are a couple spots (I won't say which maps) where they spawn right at the beginning of the map before you would even have to kill any mobs. You just have to walk a few paces and look and there they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Imo leave as it is. Choosing this ring over the armour/hp/mana rings is a trade off. I dont have the epic ring or the mythic ring but imo I'd still take the mythic ring for the health/mana. I'm glad they did this tbh. And tbh I'm fine with them staying epic . If they change them to legendary what's gonna happen ? The people who have like ten saved
    up waiting for this will put them in for even more money. Day one they were 2m+ now ? Lol I seen them for under 300k. By this week so many will pop up they will be commons like the damage/armour pink rings from lockeds (I think ?)
    It's good for diversity. This means if you want high damage for a certain area you can at the cost of armour or health. Or even mana