Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    As most of you have surmised this is indeed a bug. The damage will be coming down on these rings to make them fit appropriately where under the mythic and legendary damage rings.
    My Crystal ball tells me you guys will be seeing a lot of rage threads in the near future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    My Crystal ball tells me you guys will be seeing a lot of rage threads in the near future
    Nothing new then.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Nothing new then.
    XD true but I can't what till the

"OMG why you nerf pirate rings nothing was wrong, I paid sooooo much money for these blah blah blah" threads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed
    XD true but I can't what till the

"OMG why you nerf pirate rings nothing was wrong, I paid sooooo much money for these blah blah blah" threads
    This seemed appropriate to bring back:

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

That doesnt fix how OP they are...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    This seemed appropriate to bring back:
    XD quite appropriate

~I'm sure that pic will be posted more than a few times in these rage threads xP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Booo, I bought one Friday night for a decent sum. Decided to gamble on it. Thought sts would've acted quickly like when Bael II spawns were messed up. Held onto it because I figured everyone whines about everything, so I gambled that sts would've caved to you whiners like they often do.

Oh well. Was fun to play a little, switching between a damage loadout & safety one.

Would be neat if they kept this weekends' dropped ones as is and have new ones drop with the proper stats. Some mmos do things like that.

If these had been legendary pinks, they'd fall right in line lvl 36 pink vs a previous lvl cap mythic item; both being good in their own ways.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

File this under I told you so.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Booo, I bought one Friday night for a decent sum. Decided to gamble on it. Thought sts would've acted quickly like when Bael II spawns were messed up. Held onto it because I figured everyone whines about everything, so I gambled that sts would've caved to you whiners like they often do.

Oh well. Was fun to play a little, switching between a damage loadout & safety one.

Would be neat if they kept this weekends' dropped ones as is and have new ones drop with the proper stats. Some mmos do things like that.

If these had been legendary pinks, they'd fall right in line lvl 36 pink vs a previous lvl cap mythic item; both being good in their own ways.
    I actually agree. I think what they should do is keep the ones that already dropped with the same stats and instead convert those to legendary items. Then start dropping the new corrected ones from this point forward.

Then nobody would complain, and the OP ones will become rare discontinued items that won't drive down prices of mythic and other legendary rings.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Sold my l35 dex version for 1.5m.

Just because you couldn't sell it doesn't mean that nobody else could.
    I think what happened is very early on people had no idea how rare these bosses were, and when they saw how OP the damage on this ring was, they were willing to pay super high prices. But then once it became clear these rings were dropping like rain and prices were falling, people just stopped buying and figured they would wait. I didn't get my ring until Saturday night and I think by then you just had to be lucky to sell one. It didn't matter how low you listed it for, within an hour there were 5 more players who were listing theirs and would just undercut you.

BTW, it's not just the Pirate rings that are OP, the inferno rings are as well but just for lower levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Time to epic item shineee...!! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I actually agree. I think what they should do is keep the ones that already dropped with the same stats and instead convert those to legendary items. Then start dropping the new corrected ones from this point forward.

Then nobody would complain, and the OP ones will become rare discontinued items that won't drive down prices of mythic and other legendary rings.
    So basically allow people to keep an obviously bugged item?

I can understand everyone with one or more of those rings would want this to happen but that wouldn't fall in line with past bug fixes. In the past when similar fixes took place, all items were corrected including the existing ones. The way it should be IMO.

Keeping bugged items in game doesn't sound right to me at all. If stats are allowed that weren't intended, it would unbalance the entire game for the affected levels. People with those rings would have an obvious advantage in timed runs, and lower level versions of those rings could unbalance twinking, again only in favor of those in possession of the bugged rings.

So yeah, personally, I believe all stats should be lowered without exception. I mean seriously, everyone knew something was wrong and decided to just take a gamble.
    As I said in one of my first posts in this thread, people shouldn't complain when a glitch is fixed.

I could go even further... If STS wants to be really fair, they should invalidate any timed lb runs where records were broken and that took place during the weekend. I'm not into lb runs but I can imagine a couple of records being shattered by 'abusing' this bug.

U rok, thanks!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Fal ur too funny!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    ♥The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen
    or even touched they must be felt with the heart.♥

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

The biggest mistake STS make with bugged items is that they keep releasing items on a Friday and staff don't work weekends, giving enough time to screw some things up royally.

They should release new items on a Monday, giving them the chance to fix things within 24 hours not 2+ days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    So basically allow people to keep an obviously bugged item?

I can understand everyone with one or more of those rings would want this to happen but that wouldn't fall in line with past bug fixes. In the past when similar fixes took place, all items were corrected including the existing ones. The way it should be IMO.

Keeping bugged items in game doesn't sound right to me at all. If stats are allowed that weren't intended, it would unbalance the entire game for the affected levels. People with those rings would have an obvious advantage in timed runs, and lower level versions of those rings could unbalance twinking, again only in favor of those in possession of the bugged rings.

So yeah, personally, I believe all stats should be lowered without exception. I mean seriously, everyone knew something was wrong and decided to just take a gamble.
    As I said in one of my first posts in this thread, people shouldn't complain when a glitch is fixed.

I could go even further... If STS wants to be really fair, they should invalidate any timed lb runs where records were broken and that took place during the weekend. I'm not into lb runs but I can imagine a couple of records being shattered by 'abusing' this bug.
    Not to be offensive jay, but i have a question. If this item was so obviously bugged then how could someone, in good conscience, merch the item? If it was obviously bugged then if someone was merching the item wouldn't that mean they were knowingly ripping off another player and make them a scammer?
    Last edited by wvhills; 09-30-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    The biggest mistake STS make with bugged items is that they keep releasing items on a Friday and staff don't work weekends, giving enough time to screw some things up royally.

They should release new items on a Monday, giving them the chance to fix things within 24 hours not 2+ days.
    ^this (Y)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    As most of you have surmised this is indeed a bug. The damage will be coming down on these rings to make them fit appropriately where under the mythic and legendary damage rings.
    u guys should double check urself when adding items in game. I'm only out 500k but there are people who spent a lot more on these. Here were I work we have people who do design drawings before we fabricate our product. Before the product is made separate people come behind them and check their work. It would save ur customers from getting upset/frustrated/losing gold. It's pretty plain to see what the stats on these rings were. It shouldn't be that hard to implement something.
    Sure it is STS' fault to an extent but if something is too good to be true, it probably is..Merchants take gambles when selling. One person sells something for 1.5m to another merch, then that merch sells the item for 1.8m to a merch, the merch sells it for 2m to another merch, that dude tries to sell it for 2.5m but fails because customers realise it's being passed from merchant to merchant.

Gold should not be refunded IMO
    Last edited by Bless; 09-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    The "best" thing in all this discussion is: STS does NOTHING! There is NO statement... just nothing...

So i guess they dont care? lol...

I think its a bad joke, that an bugged epic ring just kills your gold regarding the myth ring - so make the myth upgradable!
    STS is the most caring Mobil company out there, trust me. You can be sure they are discussing this thread in there offices. And I also can assure you that they will post in this thread eventually, but statements like yours is what causes threads to be shut down and then an answer not delivered to the gaming public.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Not to be offensive jay, but i have a question. If this item was so obviously bugged then how could someone, in good conscience, merch the item? If it was obviously bugged then if someone was merching the item wouldn't that mean they were knowingly ripping off another player? If they go as far as wipe leaderboards I think they should go as far as deleting the item altogether and reverting everyones gold values to what they were before the new content came out.
    Sure, I wouldn't mind that. My post about the leaderboard was just 1 example but obviously things can be taken further than that, as in your example. Let me make it clear that the lb part of my post was not intended to actually make this happen.

If you're talking about the ring you bought from me from cs, I PM'ed you in game as soon as I found out and I clearly told you that they were most likely bugged and about to be fixed. You said you didn't mind a small investment in case those stats were somehow going to be for real in one form or another. You basically said it was a small price to pay for a potential huge payout.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything remotely like that. I'm just comparing your mindset to the many people who knew something was off but decided to take the gamble anyway. You, as did anyone who understands stats even a little, knew something wasn't right. I bought one ring to test it out and then sold it again. Too bad you had to be the buyer but you can't say you weren't warned repeatedly, as were most people who got this ring.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Sure it is STS' fault to an extent but if something is too good to be true, it probably is..Merchants take gambles when selling. One person sells something for 1.5m to another merch, then that merch sells the item for 1.8m to a merch, the merch sells it for 2m to another merch, that dude tries to sell it for 2.5m but fails because customers realise it's being passed from merchant to merchant.

Gold should not be refunded IMO
    who's to decide what's too good to be true and what isn't? i don't have a mythic ring, I use a level 36 epic. The pirate ring gave me 14 more damage but at a cost of 190 mana. 14 damage is hard to argue against but for a gold strapped player 190 mana would be something to consider as well.

U say it's sts' fault to an extent. It's completely their fault. STS puts up "treat others the way you want to be treated" everytime we log on. In this situation you have players who fall into two categories:
    1) the ones who had faith that sts double checked their work and the stats were correct.
    2) the ones who knew a mistake had been made and the rings would be nerfed.

players in category 2 farmed or merched these rings and took advantage of players (u may even say scammed since they sold items they knew would be nerfed) in category 1. players in category 2, to compound their greed, them come onto forums and lobby for the items they just sold to be nerfed.

If sts nerfs these rings I say they should take the golden rule slogan out of the game since they are rewarding players who broke that standard. Also, sts would be seen as not living up to it themselves since they punished the players in category 1 for sts' own mistakes.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post: