Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-30 Content Update (131063)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Updates for better gaming is a way to keep the business running.. but for this update I think it really is not.. I bought a pirate ring for hundreds of thousands just a few days ago.. and now this.. I can't use it anymore.. unfair.. you should've informed us bout it first.. sorry but this is unfair..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyxxx View Post
    Updates for better gaming is a way to keep the business running.. but for this update I think it really is not.. I bought a pirate ring for hundreds of thousands just a few days ago.. and now this.. I can't use it anymore.. unfair.. you should've informed us bout it first.. sorry but this is unfair..
    I lost a lot of gold as well, buying a ring for my lower level toon. The reality is most of us only lost gold and not real money (I hope no one did, at least). However, I agree that a simple forum post Friday night or Saturday afternoon from a Dev saying "Don't buy these rings, they're bugged and will be fixed Monday" would have been a respectable gesture from the company. Hopefully there's some way to repair this... maybe let us liquidate them for a good chunk of gold? Although, this might get exploited somehow...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Not having experience with the rings for the other classes, I must say that the nerf bat hit the DEX version of the ring a bit too hard.

Even leaving it at 3.1 DMG (3.5 preferably) would have made a bit more sense as it would, at least from a damage perspective, be the same as the crate rings, but not offer any armor boost. At this point, these rings are unusable, unlike the Bling Bauble of Potency which is completely usable.

I will hold on to the ring for a bit, because I'm hoping that others come to the realization that the nerf was a bit too extreme in this case. 7.8 DMG bugged? Probably, but what it is now, probably bugged as well...

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is it down again?
    AL-Ipuzz-21 sorcerer, Ihurt-21 warrior, Ipuzzy-21 rogue, PL-Puzzy-retired archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

STS,

I agree with many others here. You made us pay for your mistake(s).

Actual money WAS lost for nothing -- there were some whom bought plats & paid dearly in gold for YOUR mistake, totally unaware of STS's intentions when the way stats were entered for the rings.

I'm afraid, a simple apology is not good enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabu View Post
    STS,

Actual money WAS lost for nothing -- there were some whom bought plats & paid dearly in gold for YOUR mistake, totally unaware of STS's intentions when the way stats were entered for the rings.

Maybe sts will pay for it this weekend.who knows?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Won't this affect leaderboard timed runs? The records achieved by full teams using these rings would have been quite a lot faster than what is possible without them. Just curious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Post deleted huh? I apologize if "you" deemed my post "not constructive", but your fix certainly wasn't constructive as well. The (you should have known better) reply came off as rather ARROGANT. There were many possible solutions as stated by others in here, but what you did wasn't. The "FIX" you guys implemented would have "possibly" worked had you done it sooner.

Weekend is not an excuse. This is an online mmorpg, not a school. This is me assuming that you guys were on a break on weekends cause you weren't replying or making any announcements regarding these epic rings. The alternative would be you guys were there, and were simply watching us buy these rings with our hard earned money knowing full well what's about to happen.

I WAS a long time player of AL, stopped, then came back last season (almost everyone on my friends list by now quit, capped at 21, There was only one left on that list which made me play again). I have been farming non-stop ever since cause I want that mythic armor set, my wife can attest to that and everyone here knows how hard it is to farm without platinum. Then, just like that, it all vanished.

Explain it to us guys, we know how to listen if you just know how to reach out. You may have a lot of players, but treating a selective few like this is not good. Too bad, I was just starting to enjoy AL again and next month my credit card is about to be approved, but if this is an indication of what future events will turn out, I'm out.
    I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

As always.
    I remember captain axe had 80% dodge and sts said it was a typo. Lol
    Millions of gold for error you made. What will sts do for this now?
    I doubt....
    Then don't even reply for any complain. =p

But I agree that u should fix it. But you also should care about your 'customers' better.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raito Yagami View Post
    i am sad.........
    i lost money in buy that pirate epic ='(
    and now is nerfed............
    What did come inside your head? 1st its epic its very obvious that is a bug lol!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Won't this affect leaderboard timed runs? The records achieved by full teams using these rings would have been quite a lot faster than what is possible without them. Just curious.
    I agree on the leaderboard thing. Maybe you could check if there were any timed runs made this weekend? We'd been thinking of running too but decided against it when it became clear on here that the stats probably weren't intended that way because a) we didn't want to exploit what might be (and in the end was) a bug and b) we assumed any timed runs made with the rings/this weekend would be reset anyway since they may just be unbeatable after the nerf - at least for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by parnasofication View Post
    Post deleted huh? I apologize if "you" deemed my post "not constructive", but your fix certainly wasn't constructive as well. The (you should have known better) reply came off as rather ARROGANT. There were many possible solutions as stated by others in here, but what you did wasn't. The "FIX" you guys implemented would have "possibly" worked had you done it sooner.

Weekend is not an excuse. This is an online mmorpg, not a school. This is me assuming that you guys were on a break on weekends cause you weren't replying or making any announcements regarding these epic rings. The alternative would be you guys were there, and were simply watching us buy these rings with our hard earned money knowing full well what's about to happen.

I WAS a long time player of AL, stopped, then came back last season (almost everyone on my friends list by now quit, capped at 21, There was only one left on that list which made me play again). I have been farming non-stop ever since cause I want that mythic armor set, my wife can attest to that and everyone here knows how hard it is to farm without platinum. Then, just like that, it all vanished.

Explain it to us guys, we know how to listen if you just know how to reach out. You may have a lot of players, but treating a selective few like this is not good. Too bad, I was just starting to enjoy AL again and next month my credit card is about to be approved, but if this is an indication of what future events will turn out, I'm out.

OMG! you cried so much! GEEEZZ DUDE 1st of all we all know that epic cant be stronger or better stats than legendary or mythic.

That alone is very obvious and clear bug. LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

STS,

LOL yah true STS made a mistake, but please STS did not set up the prices on the auction.

it was we players who made the price of the ring and also it is our choice to buy it or now at that price that other players made.

Before you buy the ring im sure a lot of question came to your mind.
    1.) why the ring has so high damage
    2.) the ring is epic
    3.) you compare it with the legendary 1st then mythic.

so as you can see it will make you think that something is wrong with this rings.

Only un-experience players buy the rings and guys its very simple all in every update there is always 1 or 2 things that will not the be perfect.

Nothing is perfect and it was not STS fault.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 10-01-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

This unfair update according to all player who farmed hard using platinum or not got punished for sts mistakes. Lesson learned, no more buying Platinum. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyxxx View Post
    LOL you guys where being Greedy thinking you can make more money fast by farming the epic rings.

Well FYI not all players are new to online games. So experience player already expected this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    LOL yah true STS made a mistake, but please STS did not set up the prices on the auction.

it was we players who made the price of the ring and also it is our choice to buy it or now at that price that other players made.

Before you buy the ring im sure a lot of question came to your mind.
    1.) why the ring has so high damage
    2.) the ring is epic
    3.) you compare it with the legendary 1st then mythic.

so as you can see it will make you think that something is wrong with this rings.

Only un-experience players buy the rings LOL! and guys its very simple all in every update there is always 1 or 2 things that will not the be perfect.

Nothing is perfect and it was not STS fault.
    It is called mis-representation. It is every bit STS's fault. I'm not debating how much the price was. Even if it was 20K, if one didn't have that amount, plats would have been bought to purchase it, if so desired. Regardless of price, money was involved.

Mis-representation leading to sub-issues is the issue. How would you like to buy (for example) an iPad promising an A7 chip but turned out to be an A5 chip inside? Whose fault was that? The consumer whom paid for it? Or the people whom advertised so? And then, the people whom advertised so, just issue you an apology note. How would you feel?

FYI, I'm not the affected one. Just voicing out for rest of guild mates as I deem fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It is called mis-representation. It is every bit STS's fault. I'm not debating how much the price was. Even if it was 20K, if one didn't have that amount, plats would have been bought to purchase it, if so desired. Regardless of price, money was involved.

Mis-representation leading to sub-issues is the issue. How would you like to buy (for example) an iPad promising an A7 chip but turned out to be an A5 chip inside? Whose fault was that? The consumer whom paid for it? Or the people whom advertised so? And then, the people whom advertised so, just issue you an apology note. How would you feel?

FYI, I'm not the affected one. Just voicing out for rest of guild mates as I deem fit.
    But you paid gold for the ring seller, not sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    But you paid gold for the ring seller, not sts.
    For the record, not me.

As a response, yes, ppl paid gold for the ring seller--based on STS's mis-representation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I agree with the fixed there is no way an epic ring should be more powerful than mythic. I'm also a victim but that's thru my own fault. Sts does not set prices on cs we do and some of us have fair well thru trading.

If u think the rich people care don't be kidding yourself this just a small bump.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gatzoo5505 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

In reward should make 60% off in platinum !!!! Because u will not give back the gold

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Erwin D. Padilla For This Useful Post: