Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ancient Swamps Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i would like the ability to customize the skill book (12 spell version) i want to get rid of the spells with 0 points and move my most used ones to the bottom right for ease of use
    Feena - Enchantress - Fnord

If i post in blue it makes me cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really enjoy the new dungeon, however after grinding up to almost lvl 35 now I have yet to see even 1 pink item drop for anyone in my party. It would be nice to see more higher quality loot drops please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ancient Swamps is fantastic. The open area means you get attacked from all sides, you definitely need strategy and a good group. I've soloed all the other maps but I don't think I could here till I was a much higher level. Love the new spell book, but would like the option of customizing it. There are some lag issues and a few other things but the devs are very quick to address them so I don't worry. Great job!

When I am a higher level, I'm coming back to the swamps and I'm going to slap Frogmar the Witch silly.
    Faenor - Archer lvl 39| Carinae - Enchantress lvl 35 | Drjonze - Warrior lvl 32

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Must. Kill. Frogmar!

Seriously, I've played around in the Swamps a bit now, and my experience has been positive. Epimetheus doesn't often die, but he does have to chug a few health potions. Then he gets two-shotted by lousy Frogmar, even with Iron Blood going. She's tough. Killable, but very tough. That's a good thing ... even if I do want to reach into my iPhone and slap her silly.

I have noticed one annoying "feature" in the Swamps. When Epimetheus is trying to kill those red-skinned Crocs, they seem to run away from him all of the time. Well, the wide-open spaces in the Swamps give them plenty of room to run. As they run, Epimetheus follows them ... and draws aggro from a dozen green-skinned Crocs. His armour can keep him alive for a while, but only at the cost of a lot of health potions. Even then, as soon as Iron Blood wears off, Epimetheus often collapses in a pool of his own blood.....

(Maybe I need to level up Crippling Slash?)

Anyway, the Swamps are really challenging for a melee character. I'm not sure if this is a "problem" or just an opportunity to learn a new playing style. We Report, You Decide!
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

First I want to point out that the PL and the dev team are awsome, but one major problem...
    In the new dungeon "The Ancient Swamps", the ping is redicilous, I am lagging all the time, and the lowest ping I've ever had in AS is 165, and the highest is 1200, and the average is 400-650ping. Please if fix this, I would like the game to be smooth again.
    And also please put in some more kinds of enemies, cause the crocs are getting kind of boring already. And by the way, could the next campaign be a dragon theme based? There is a whole big thread about the idea for dragons. I think that it would be great if the next campaign after the space campaign would be dragon theme based, or something similar with dragons in it.
    I know this might be next week or something, but still just some ideas.
    Last edited by Flamin; 05-07-2010 at 02:42 PM.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamin View Post
    First I want to point out that the PL and the dev team are awsome, but one major problem...
    In the new dungeon "The Ancient Swamps", the ping is redicilous, I am lagging all the time, and the lowest ping I've ever had in AS is 165, and the highest is 1200, and the average is 400-650ping. Please if fix this, I would like the game to be smooth again.
    And also please put in some more kinds of enemies, cause the crocs are getting kind of boring already. And by the way, could the next campaign be a dragon theme based? There is a whole big thread about the idea for dragons. I think that it would be great if the next campaign would be dragon theme based, or something similar with dragons in it.
    Dude, the expansion has been out for 3 days. They aren't going to be adding any new enemies any time soon and the next expansion theme is space. Stop acting like a child. That's why all the members of your guild left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Dude, the expansion has been out for 3 days. They aren't going to be adding any new enemies any time soon and the next expansion theme is space. Stop acting like a child. That's why all the members of your guild left.
    Ok, sorry, I forgot about the other campaign that is going to be coming out. I changed my post.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any chance the "trash" drop loot can be increased on the ancient swamps map?
    Invictuss : level 35 Enchantress
    Dmode : level 5 Warrior
    Habsown : level 1 Archer
    GO HABS GO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey whats up with the trident it has terrible stats compared to any other weapon for warrior, is it long range?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Umm... I noticed that, but I don't know if it's long range or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation

The general experience with this new content is basically very bad. Here's a quick breakdown:

pros:
    • increased difficulty
    • team tactics play a more important part of the game

cons:
    • graphics do look "better", but in sacrifice of frame rate and it's an absolutely horrible tradeoff. I don't think the smoke coming out of the cauldrons mean a lot to the game comparing to frame rate and playability.
    • somehow players are doing single digit damages, or inflict significantly lower damages than usual on certain mobs and it's very unpredictable. Shielded guys are generally taking correct damage values, but the magic casting crocs sometimes magically take extremely low damages and render them insanely difficult to kill in groups.
    • the ponds are treated as walls, and arrows can't be shot over the ponds...???
    • enemies somehow magically would run off at times and restore full health right before death
    • treasure drops are not very lucrative at all, and boss drops a ton of crap usually.
    • agro range is somewhat unpredictable at times, could be related to frame rate / ping

besides the above, i'd just like to mention that a lot of time Blast Shot don't explode when enemy is right at the edge of the attack radius when the normal shots would go off. It happens a lot in open areas when you hit the attack button and your character move into range to attack, and the you hit blast shot and nothing happens. It's not exactly the easiest thing to do in the world to manually move your character closer and resume attack and manage to continue to hit the same target.

you guys should also work on a diminishing effect on all skills/spells that bounce off enemies within a certain time period. As of right now enchantress can hit Firestorm, and archers can hit Repulse Shot, and Warrior can Stomp and all can stack all about the same time and blast the enemy some 10 miles away, reset your target, aggro 10 other mobs, and seriously make the game rather stupid... the effects of these similar skills should diminish if they're affecting the same mob over the first 1 or 2 seconds.

Good job on the constant update guys, but bug fixes are more important...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Arazmas I'm not going to quote you because
    it would take to much space.

But goodjob on listing correct pros and cons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by arazmas View Post
    The general experience with this new content is basically very bad. Here's a quick breakdown:

• graphics do look "better", but in sacrifice of frame rate and it's an absolutely horrible tradeoff. I don't think the smoke coming out of the cauldrons mean a lot to the game comparing to frame rate and playability.
    • somehow players are doing single digit damages, or inflict significantly lower damages than usual on certain mobs and it's very unpredictable. Shielded guys are generally taking correct damage values, but the magic casting crocs sometimes magically take extremely low damages and render them insanely difficult to kill in groups.
    • the ponds are treated as walls, and arrows can't be shot over the ponds...???
    • enemies somehow magically would run off at times and restore full health right before death
    • treasure drops are not very lucrative at all, and boss drops a ton of crap usually.
    • agro range is somewhat unpredictable at times, could be related to frame rate / ping
    Responding to your list, Some i agree with and some i do not, however i appreciate the time you took to write up a good list.

1 - It seems players with the 3g rather than the 3gs have problems, but i haven't heard many complaints from 3gs or Ipad users on graphics causing lag. The game allows you to lower your graphics resolution in several ways. Maybe trying that would help, and it doesn't seem like graphics are as important to you as others.

2-Some mobs do take very little damage. However if you buff yourself or debuff them, this will change. Specifically the greyish blue crocs with the staffs take very little damage. This is due to a high armor rating, and they also have a lot of health to boot. Also they seem to be able to hit themselves with an armor buff much like iron blood (but who knows for sure). I wouldn't call this a con, but i personally don't find it "insanely difficult" to kill anything in the ancient swamps, when attacked properly (especially in a group).

3- The ponds being treated as walls had to be put into place. If not originally, it was done because players were cheating, by using a glitch to get onto the outside of the map that has water surrounding it, and shooting into the map at enemies, thus taking no damage. Unfortunate but necessary.

4- Non boss enemies run back, but its not "magical" in any way. This is called a tether. In order to stop players from kiting enemies as far as they want to, bosses have a set range at which they will disengage the their player target and return to their spawn point. This is true of all dungeon map packs.

5- The drop rate was lowered on purpose, it was a decision the devs made based on their own experience, and at the communities request. Most players did not like that they found every weapon there was to have in less that a week, and any economy is rendered useless when there is a complete lack of demand for high quality items. This change was necessary. This also helped address players who were frustrated at a lack of content. MMORPG players want to grind in order to find rare items, not grind to find common items.

6- Can't speak to this, besides saying boss agro radius is > than normal mobs radius. Also mages have a tendency to draw long distance agro inexplicably.

7-Auto attack is being addressed by the developers in several ways in the next patch. However keep in mind you do not need to face your target to be able to attack them. You only have to face your opponent for auto attack to continue attacking. If you tap the auto attack button repeatedly with your archer while not facing your enemy, you will fire every shot successfully.

8- Yes the knockback effects are annoying and the way they stack should be limited to perhaps two knock backs taking effect. That being said a part of being "good" at pocket legends is knowing how to use your skills properly, and knowing how to control the movement of you enemy. A good warrior tank should be able to keep 1 mob in place indefinitely, or be able to knock it away. A mage should know when and when not to use firestorm. That beings said i think the excessive knock backs should be addressed, but stacking should not be completely removed.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To follow up to my own post: The Ancient Swamps have been an opportunity to improve my playing style. Epimetheus doesn't have much problem with the red-skinned Crocs anymore, thanks to creative use of Beckon. So basically, his problems were caused by my lack of experience, which has now been fixed.

Frogmar is still a pain in his furry behind, though....
    Characters: Epimetheus - Lvl 56 Warrior (main character), Atropos - Lvl 50 Enchantress, Aereus - Lvl 50 Archer
    I was a warrior before warriors became cool....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ancient Swamps is great. One thing I do notice is that there aren't many archer weapons/offhand choices. Seems like the Warriors and Enchanters have a few decent weapons and offhand items to choose from. From what I can tell, there is only 1 pink (Sniper's Bayou) and 1 purple bow (Bayou Bow of the Eagle), and the purple is an exact replica of the pink with 2 less dps? A pink talon, wing shield, and dagger choice would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Very good definitely need a team to complete excellent 5+ stars!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    1 - It seems players with the 3g rather than the 3gs have problems, but i haven't heard many complaints from 3gs or Ipad users on graphics causing lag. The game allows you to lower your graphics resolution in several ways. Maybe trying that would help, and it doesn't seem like graphics are as important to you as others.
    I'm an iPad player and the swamps don't play smoothly for me even at low detail. One of the patches they came out with recently seems to have helped (something about lowering details I think), but it's still not as smooth as I would like to see it. My ping is fine, it's just a low framerate because of the graphics. Hopefully they'll continue optimizing the game.

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,902 Posts

Update 1.3 will be primarily focused on optimization.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It's great, I like them beer hats