Thread: New class : Cleric

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation New class : Cleric

Hello Everyone!

I have an idea for a new class, the cleric class. This class will be Female and a " White magic " caster. unlike other classes she will have A few Weak but use-full attack skills but her main skills will be Healing/Buffing other party members. The cleric will also have a weaker defense so there not over powered in pvp and pve. i know at the moment the other classes can drop heal packs but you could remove this and replace it with another Attacking skill or a buff.

Having a cleric will make pvp more fun and will also make pve more fun. you could make pve more Challenging once you add this class. she will be a human and not a mythical creature. you could make her armor look like drapes or roman robes for example, Name:  224902_small.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  4.1 KB.

The cleric will be a fun but easy class to play for beginners but challenging in pvp and boss battles.

I hope you look into this and please leave your feedback.

Thank you!
    In Game Name:
    Asirena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The problem will be how can you maintain balance when adding a new class. Balance has been difficult to find in PvP and adding another class that is primarily in a support role (team buffs, opponent debuff) could have drastic and unrecoverable issues for the tenuous balance that we currently have.

Imagine how much people would complain if the Cleric cast a Heal over Time buff, a party DMG buff and an opponent armor debuff. We already get so many this is OP, that is OP, nerf this and that threads that a Cleric type would just cause the forums to implode under the strain of all the rage threads. Plus, with the introduction of a new class, STS would also have to implement cleric favored pets, which would only contribute to further imbalance.

Good idea, but I just don't see how it could be implemented without a ground-up retooling of the game.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The problem will be how can you maintain balance when adding a new class. Balance has been difficult to find in PvP and adding another class that is primarily in a support role (team buffs, opponent debuff) could have drastic and unrecoverable issues for the tenuous balance that we currently have.

Imagine how much people would complain if the Cleric cast a Heal over Time buff, a party DMG buff and an opponent armor debuff. We already get so many this is OP, that is OP, nerf this and that threads that a Cleric type would just cause the forums to implode under the strain of all the rage threads. Plus, with the introduction of a new class, STS would also have to implement cleric favored pets, which would only contribute to further imbalance.

Good idea, but I just don't see how it could be implemented without a ground-up retooling of the game.
    Thanks for the reply. yeah i dident know this, im new here. if this is not possible then they could just make a female mage, warrior and vice versa. im not a fan of gender locked classes. and im sure allot of people are the same.

Thanks again!
    In Game Name:
    Asirena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

great idea! they can bring back the oyster class and make it a cleric!

Name:  oyster.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  204.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I love the idea of adding new classes. Adding one class at a time would cause problems. I think we ar going to need something soonere than later, new skill upgrades...classes...etc. If not, we will be a bunch of capped out/maxed out, same build, same looking toons with no more to gain.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga