Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happened to Sorcerer !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

idk about this thread but for me, i enjoyed a lot playing my mage... well, i dont have any toon other than sorcs.

there's a lot of pros and cons on each character, you just need to learn how to explore your character well...
    before, i have a hard time killing pro warrs on my lvl but bcoz of continuous practice and good observation i'm happy that i can kill some (though that kill is rarely happened)... still i can kill pro warr

be patient and play your character well... dont be upset on every death that you have or if your kdr sucks.... (when i started playing arcane my kdr is really bad, but know im a bit happy and within a month i got LB Banner!!!)

^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    @falmear I don't have an arcane staff so it is all assumption, but with the massive health you get with the staff I would make a curse build and just stand there spamming light and autoattack as they attacked me, letting curse do its work. I would not run at all and when you are not moving the autoattack of staffs is pretty good at targeting the closest enemy as they try to run around you.
    Every time I tried to use curse it has never worked out for me. In fact I like seeing mages with curse because there are some simple counter measures you can take to defeat the curse mage.

1) Curse range is 6m with upgrades. Fireball range is 14m. If I see a mage with curse, I make sure to not let him get close and stun him. If the mage is coming in I just move back because all my skills have a longer range. Stunning the curse mage at a distance disrupts the curse attack because it puts the mage on the defensive and negates the 2 sec shield invulnerability they need to go in and curse.
    2) If cursed the curse duration isn't that long, so I switch using just lightning & autoattack. Since the reflected damage of non-DOT I feel is pretty insignificant. During my testing I found it only reflected about 1/6th the damage. But I haven't done extensive testing with curse.
    3) Curse cool down is very long, 15 seconds. Having 2 skills with 15 second cool downs is pretty bad in my opinion. And I believe most curse builds run without heal and I find this unworkable for longer drawn out fights. Also I find it more useful to heal my team mates since numbers usually will prevail.

So in summary, let the curse mage approach you but don't let him get too close. Then use fireball to stun him before he gets close enough. If the curse mage stays behind the lines, then you can wait him out/launch fireballs at a distance. As a mage, there is no need to get so close to the mage to allow yourself to be cursed. I don't PvP much so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

But you don't have to charge Jug to be invul...which is BS. With Mage shield u HAVE to charge....
    Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Dude, Juggernaut's cooldown is 45 seconds. We warriors should be complaining. @_@
    Officer in the Council of EOS
    EOS Attack Dog!
    The Furry Toe of the Camel will Always be Remembered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Woof's 2 Cents

Some of you know me some of you don't.

I have only 2 mages. Woof my main who is full myth with myth staff. I can take out Arcane staffs (on occasions) but when facing people like Liltrix it get's well...tricky...
    Now I am full dmg spec (at times) but I designed my build to be hybrid for 1v1, clashes and PVE.

I have dropped Mauls in about 5-7 seconds under a stunlock, I can end rogues in 1-2 seconds and depending on the mage...2-3 secs.

But this is Woof who is one Dmg Stacked SOB.

What about FuriousFlea my lvl 35 curse mage?

The Flea has full myth lvl 31 and myth gun. Last night I respeced to a hybrid curser build and lemme say...I took out Rogues and mages at 36.

Remember to increase your shield's dmg intake add some more strength. My little poop mage has 50 str (25 active and 25 passive) It has Curse, Heal, Shield, Ice and Light and FB. You say WOW how the fak are you playing with so many skills?

It's a hybdrid build...

Full Curse DMG = Shield + Curse + ICe + Light
    Classic = Heal + Shield + FB + Light
    DPS Eater build = Heal + Shield + FB + Ice
    PVE Combo = Heal + Shield + FB + ICe

on lvl 35 I got more HP than Woof with Samael....think about it.

I don't do much dmg but the combos allows me to keep my opponent on passive stance all the time.

PS; I run with Rib on the Flea and when I stack dmg and crits on that badboy mixed with a curse...watch out...

PVP is harder for mages...but it's all about using your build correctly.

Woofcookie build imo is perfect hybrid build....

Anyhoo this is what i thought....

I wish just one thing!

Allow mages to get invul by tapping again...warrior gets benefit of Jug by tapping it despite long CD. But if it doesn't happen...I'll adapt and kill again!

Good fighting pplz! I hope the curse mage suggestions (hybrid) will prove useful for some. I am not "primarily curse" mage but I'm going to experiment with the Flea on occasions so if u see me 1v1 so I can get some training.

PS; Curse Mage VS Warrior is utter failure in my opinion. Curse mage is "field mage" not 1v1 so learn how to play ur skills with ur teams...hide behind wars and rogues and strike when ready...
    Officer in the Council of EOS
    EOS Attack Dog!
    The Furry Toe of the Camel will Always be Remembered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoofCookie View Post
    Woof's 2 Cents

I have only 2 mages. Woof my main who is full myth with myth staff. I can take out Arcane staffs (on occasions) but when facing people like Liltrix it get's well...tricky...
    Now I am full dmg spec (at times) but I designed my build to be hybrid for 1v1, clashes and PVE.

I have dropped Mauls in about 5-7 seconds under a stunlock, I can end rogues in 1-2 seconds and depending on the mage...2-3 secs.

The Flea has full myth lvl 31 and myth gun. Last night I respeced to a hybrid curser build and lemme say...I took out Rogues and mages at 36.

Remember to increase your shield's dmg intake add some more strength. My little poop mage has 50 str (25 active and 25 passive) It has Curse, Heal, Shield, Ice and Light and FB. You say WOW how the fak are you playing with so many skills?

It's a hybdrid build...

I don't do much dmg but the combos allows me to keep my opponent on passive stance all the time.

PS; I run with Rib on the Flea and when I stack dmg and crits on that badboy mixed with a curse...watch out...

I wish just one thing!

Allow mages to get invul by tapping again...warrior gets benefit of Jug by tapping it despite long CD. But if it doesn't happen...I'll adapt and kill again!

Good fighting pplz! I hope the curse mage suggestions (hybrid) will prove useful for some. I am not "primarily curse" mage but I'm going to experiment with the Flea on occasions so if u see me 1v1 so I can get some training.

PS; Curse Mage VS Warrior is utter failure in my opinion. Curse mage is "field mage" not 1v1 so learn how to play ur skills with ur teams...hide behind wars and rogues and strike when ready...
    Im agreeing with everyhting u said those are pretty gd advices for mages, in fact many mages have forgotton the ice, it doesnt stun but yes its pretty powerfull, and yeah iv took many arcane staff users and with liltrix hmm shes a big challange
    But again im still agreeing with the fact Firebalo starting to suck, yesterday when i made this thread i made specially from fireball, i honestly got mad doijg 1v1 with tanks and rouges and beeing stunned while im the one shooting fireballs!!!! So i was surprised how it doesnt stunn everytime and dissappointed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol mages il give you sone tip..pm gormeot the only mage LB SEASON 5 THE ONLY MAGE
    dont use mythic armor or ring..but can kill 3-4 in a raw..lvl 36
    pvpier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR YOUR PROBLEM!. All you need is 13m then buy mythic staff and all will complain about how strong you are. Lol read this if you dont believe me
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hic-staff-proc

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Interesting thread, I like Woof's suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lui Delos Santos View Post
    lol mages il give you sone tip..pm gormeot the only mage LB SEASON 5 THE ONLY MAGE
    dont use mythic armor or ring..but can kill 3-4 in a raw..lvl 36
    pvpier
    I have fought Gormeort and won (as a non-mythic mage). He is really a challenge, though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoofCookie View Post
    Woof's 2 Cents

It's a hybdrid build...

I wish just one thing!

I tried fighting warrior using fire light heal and shield, it is totally failure
    but with my curse build, i can take down even pro warrs (but not all the time)

that is based on my experience as a twink on lvl 24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

My 2 cents..

Mages are the most nerfed class in pvp..Mages have had their skills tweaked heavily and are just weaker then any other class.

Sun immunity is supposed to last 7-8 sec, but I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to warrior stun.

Ice slow down is pathetic.. I get freezing would be op, but the slow down should last as long as the freeze would last which is not the case. The effect is hardly noticeable and does not provide an advantage.

Shield gives 30% armor bonus which is the exact same amount we lack when compared to rogues, but considering we have to spend skill points to be on par, I'd expect more than 2 secs invulnerability while being unprotected for the longest time. It's not fair to spend 4-5 skills points to get basically the same benefits of passive armor. And the 2 secs inv doesn't compensate being unprotected the rest of the time.

Clock doesn't root and rogues and warriors can get out from it by using skills.

Gale is useful for flagging, but for that only. Provided you don't hit a wall and get stuck as a sitting duck.

Heal over time is pathetic.. 10 hp! The mana regen is only good for supporting other classes as mages themselves barely ever run out of mana.

Light stun upgrade in pvp is bs with the stun immunity.

So they improved shield and changed gale, but I feel like they just threw us a bone with that. And the community isn't entirely happy with gale, many suggestions have been made without response.

I'm still waiting for changes that will make mages feared and respected in pvp.

Rant over

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The toeless smurf!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to katish For This Useful Post: