Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

I disagree for keeping it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I wanted to stay away from this thread, but just could not help myself reading through it

Emphasis mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    It's called a well written productive post mate. He isn't mad ..... I AM, I've lost a very dear friend this weekend because of this AP. So yes I will yell at sts if it means them fixing this.
    Huh? S/he never was your friend in the first place. Now you know that, thanks to Midas Touch AP.
    ----------------
    Some more thoughts.
    For many players 1m gold is just as far as 100m for you. I've never had 1m gold in 3 months playing. It is OK to have an achievement that few people get - that is, in fact, the point of "achievement".

After removing Midas Touch, players would scam for Mythic/Arcane/Whatever gear. "Please borrow me money for full myth, I'll earn 10m in a few weeks and pay that back". You never know if it's real or scam.

Even if some kind of reputation was added, a scammer can always make more Facebook accounts and transfer gear+gold to that. Even buying new phone would be worth it.

It all boils down to being prepared to loose what you lend. I lent 20k and was sure I'd never get it back but after spamming the person a bit, I did. I gave an 200k item to someone I kind-of trusted to sell it and keep 1/3 of the profit, never heard of him since. It just happens.
    ----------------
    Sorry it looks like only I agree with Sprtcuz but I am fine with big plat spenders having an advantage. And plat is not even required to get gold. BTW all my plat comes from free offers.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

i agree the game should have advantage for plat users. However , as most players r not big plat users, Devs SHOULD MAKE THE GAME FAIR in some kind of balance.
    If there is some AP that need 100k plats, i would rather suggest sts make a "Buy plat LB and AP" ,who invest more cash on plats would get on lb ,ap points and get a special banner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    I wanted to stay away from this thread, but just could not help myself reading through it

Emphasis mine.
    Huh? S/he never was your friend in the first place. Now you know that, thanks to Midas Touch AP.
    ----------------
    Some more thoughts.
    For many players 1m gold is just as far as 100m for you. I've never had 1m gold in 3 months playing. It is OK to have an achievement that few people get - that is, in fact, the point of "achievement".

After removing Midas Touch, players would scam for Mythic/Arcane/Whatever gear. "Please borrow me money for full myth, I'll earn 10m in a few weeks and pay that back". You never know if it's real or scam.

Even if some kind of reputation was added, a scammer can always make more Facebook accounts and transfer gear+gold to that. Even buying new phone would be worth it.

It all boils down to being prepared to loose what you lend. I lent 20k and was sure I'd never get it back but after spamming the person a bit, I did. I gave an 200k item to someone I kind-of trusted to sell it and keep 1/3 of the profit, never heard of him since. It just happens.
    ----------------
    Sorry it looks like only I agree with Sprtcuz but I am fine with big plat spenders having an advantage. And plat is not even required to get gold. BTW all my plat comes from free offers.
    Maybe if you read the thread properly you would know I'm talking about a friend of mine who got scammed of 100m this weekend and decided to quit the game because of it .... So yes I did lose a friend thank you. Also this is about removing an AP that lures people to scam ....... DO I NEED TO GET OUT THE DONKEY PIC AGAIN? Lol
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-04-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Emphasis mine.
    ----------------
    Some more thoughts.

----------------
    She is talking about someone who quit the game because he got scammed.

If someone is willing to lend their items then fine, that's up to them. They don't get an AP for this, it's just the borrowing of an item. There is no incentive and it does not cost 100 million.

I'm a plat spender so is em. This has nothing to do with why we are saying this. I don't even know why you have changed the topic? There are plenty of threads on that already.

This is an achievement if you earn it properly and a completely ridiculous one at that. Most don't have this by the real way of achieving it. It's pointless and means nothing and as I stated before, if you have this much gold that is the biggest achievement.

We're are trying to change the game for the better by removing the biggest scam around at the moment. If you have the achievement and you don't want to lose it then that's fine, the proposal is to able you to keep the title if you so wish and make it a 0 point AP. Though I can GUARANTEE you that those that truly earned it wouldn't care at all unless it means them coming off LB. And if that's the case IMHO they don't deserve to be there anyway. It does not reflect how good you are as a player..... And btw if I get my next AP I will go back onto LB and will be removed myself if this proposal goes through.

I'd rather have humanity restored in the game than be on LB. My friends are too important.
    Last edited by Joncheese; 11-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Emphasis mine.
    ----------------
    Some more thoughts.

----------------
    you shouldve stayed away from this thread, you dont know what youre talking about
    toodles

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Emphasis mine.
    ----------------
    Some more thoughts.

----------------
    This is the problem here. You're approaching this from a mature outlook of someone who doesn't covet titles. You don't garner your self worth from a couple of letters floating over your head. Many, many people do, though. This is so important to some that they will damage others to reach the top. I am with you, in that I believe that people will still loan items and will still lose gold. BUT, without a reason to loan obscene amounts of gold, the amounts stolen will be much less. It will still suck but it will be a lot less painful. So I was more leaning towards leaving the AP and telling people to just stop loaning items and money but the more I thought about it, I realized that if we remove the largest theft temptation we will at least see less people losing such enormous amounts. It's much easier to recuperate 3m than 20m.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    you shouldve stayed away from this thread, you dont know what youre talking about
    toodles
    *crying with laughter*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    This is the problem here. You're approaching this from a mature outlook of someone who doesn't covet titles. You don't garner your self worth from a couple of letters floating over your head. Many, many people do, though. This is so important to some that they will damage others to reach the top. I am with you, in that I believe that people will still loan items and will still lose gold. BUT, without a reason to loan obscene amounts of gold, the amounts stolen will be much less. It will still suck but it will be a lot less painful. So I was more leaning towards leaving the AP and telling people to just stop loaning items and money but the more I thought about it, I realized that if we remove the largest theft temptation we will at least see less people losing such enormous amounts. It's much easier to recuperate 3m than 20m.
    Exactly

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

this ap is also a test to the baseline of one's moral.One would say I wont betray my friends for the sake of 1m, then how about 10m?100m?1000m?10000m?100000m?

Ask yourself if you have a chance to scam those amount of gold without any punishment(maybe only punishment is deleting the scam acc), will you betray your friend?

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

What a good way to get thanks, i bet all those people have over 100mil *end sarcasm* ill first off not be rude but bluntly say if you get scammed its your fault sometimes if something seems too good to be true then it 99.9% of the time is too good to be true even if you are helping someone. thats my thoughts

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    i agree the game should have advantage for plat users. However , as most players r not big plat users, Devs SHOULD MAKE THE GAME FAIR in some kind of balance.
    If there is some AP that need 100k plats, i would rather suggest sts make a "Buy plat LB and AP" ,who invest more cash on plats would get on lb ,ap points and get a special banner
    Please stay on topic. There are plenty of threads about this already.

And for the record this is a dumb idea. No one will go for it, plat spenders already have an advantage in that they can buy special pets from the store. We don't need anymore, and I certainly wouldn't want to walk around with a banner shouting 'look how much plat I spend.' Why? Cos I would look like a complete tool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpandctf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushed View Post
    I don't really mind what Happens as gold is not that important.

I'd rather have a good friend than 100m
    Why?
    You can't buy friend with gold.
    You can't say sorry with gold

Once again I rather have a friend who cares than 100m who can't say nothing nor does a title
    I luv you!
    We all <3 You

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    this ap is also a test to the baseline of one's moral.One would say I wont betray my friends for the sake of 1m, then how about 10m?100m?1000m?10000m?100000m?

Ask yourself if you have a chance to scam those amount of gold without any punishment(maybe only punishment is deleting the scam acc), will you betray your friend?
    I might for 100000m

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    What a good way to get thanks, i bet all those people have over 100mil *end sarcasm* ill first off not be rude but bluntly say if you get scammed its your fault sometimes if something seems too good to be true then it 99.9% of the time is too good to be true even if you are helping someone. thats my thoughts
    Doesn't mean STS shouldn't protect ignorant people from themselves.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #176
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Thanks for keeping this thread friendly.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I am gonna say the issue here is NOT this specific AP but a deeper issue related to AP's, Guilds and the top 50.

Currently, the Top 50 Guilds are decided by the total number of Achievement Points which means helping to increase each members total will improve the standing of the guild. Theoretically this is an excellent idea as it incentives guilds helping their members level up, defeat the different Elite Bosses and working together in PvP to help everyone get the team based AP's. The issue comes in with the fact that not all AP's are team based. The entire assets category and everything in character after level (Obtaining the pets and Mythic/Arcane status) are individual achievements, and should not be done with a group. Therefore, they should not count towards the groups standing.
    My suggestion is to move the pet collecting and the Mythic/Arcane status to the Assets category and to rework the Guild rankings to completely ignore this category as it has ZERO relevance to the group as a whole. This will remove the incentive for guilds to loan gold to others for these points, and remove the 'carrot' that players dangle in front of guilds to get them to loan them items and gold.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Excellent. Thank you Sam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

Thank you very much Sam. That's all I needed to hear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I am gonna say the issue here is NOT this specific AP but a deeper issue related to AP's, Guilds and the top 50.

Currently, the Top 50 Guilds are decided by the total number of Achievement Points which means helping to increase each members total will improve the standing of the guild. Theoretically this is an excellent idea as it incentives guilds helping their members level up, defeat the different Elite Bosses and working together in PvP to help everyone get the team based AP's. The issue comes in with the fact that not all AP's are team based. The entire assets category and everything in character after level (Obtaining the pets and Mythic/Arcane status) are individual achievements, and should not be done with a group. Therefore, they should not count towards the groups standing.
    My suggestion is to move the pet collecting and the Mythic/Arcane status to the Assets category and to rework the Guild rankings to completely ignore this category as it has ZERO relevance to the group as a whole. This will remove the incentive for guilds to loan gold to others for these points, and remove the 'carrot' that players dangle in front of guilds to get them to loan them items and gold.
    Exactly what we are all thinking fluff. Thank you .