Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Also.. 10mil was cap back then i think? Im not sure anymore i think

<Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    I will just say WRONG, other people here have made awesome points to explain why this AP should be gone (atleast for the time being) but i will address what you just said in this comment.

Mythic armors were not introduced untill season 4

Love did NOT have 120m in season 3, 120m was so far away from the limitation of the game and as a person who knew love i can tell you he did not have that much

I remember seeing hammerjaw for 9m in auction during season and everyone in my guild (deviant misfits back then) laughed at how crazy that price is, and they were some of the richest people in this game.

I wont comment on this thread anymore i feel arguing with you is leading to nothing you just want your lb spot and aps regardless of the consequences.

Let the developers and mods decide, its clear to me whos a minority opinion.
    maybe im not even sure my self.. all i remember is i got my mythic armor for 11m or 12m i forgot and love sold a lot f hooks and mythics back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

We've actually been talking about removing the top 3 gold achievements for a while now, given the scamming issues that come up from them. The team is sensitive to the titles, those who have them and those who would like to obtain them in the future. We don't have a specific course of action that we're prepared to announce, but I think it is safe to say that we will be doing something with them in the future.

Thanks for keeping this thread friendly.
    Well.. You should.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

I heard that STS saves up all the chats and traded logs
    As these many people are shouting y cant u people jus ban that player...............it would be good if u return their gold also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    its clear to me whos a minority opinion.
    But it's not clear who is right.
    I know for sure that if I spent like USD 5k+ to get a title that is then removed from game (and for a not very good reason!), I would quit all STS games for life.

Edit: It reminds me of the pirate rings bug that were simply changed after people paid good money for them. After this I cannot trust STS, so I am not spending any money on this game. Removing Midas Touch would be way more severe.

Edit 2: I do not want this to be removed from game because I am afraid that many plat spenders would quit. My trust in STS is already shaken so I don't really care personally.
    Last edited by Milan Lame Man; 11-05-2013 at 09:33 AM.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I just wan't to say i'm for removing the achievement, Everything i had on my mind has been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...117-100m-title

This ap was suggested by a player - with minimal support, no one seriously thought it can go live, everyone was joking in the thread - and removing is suggested by another player with much more support.

I also wanted to point out in post #25 of the thread we're 100m achievement was suggested..

Inkredble called it lmao
    INK- about title suggestion for 100m
    "troll thread but

[I scammed]

[I paid $10,000 for this]"
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvataris For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    I know for sure that if I spent like USD 5k+ to get a title that is then removed from game (and for a not very good reason!), I would quit all STS games for life.
    The people are right

Let everyone say their point as afterall STS can conclude what majority decided.

We are going off topic, nobody care how much ppls spent on a game, we are speaking about MINIMIZING THE TEMPTATIONS for SCAMMERS.

Say your opinion simple : "I don't want 50 m and 100 mil APs to be removed" or " I do want the APs to be removed".

We all spent, we all worked hard, and look at Jon and Emma! They both worked hard (I'm sure harder than most) but they started the thread and they asked for removal of APs, true? Do they leave game? NO! They want less temptations for scammers like most of us!

Back on topic!
    Last edited by Paulsebi; 11-05-2013 at 09:29 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

I can feel you! and i think most plat used and big spender wont like this.

removing the AP just because a few careless people made mistakes.

Minimizing scam? no one force you to lend them gold if you lend them gold it is by trade so it means by the time you lend your gold you are aware of the consequences that will happen.

So now got scammed deal with it! its your own fault no matter how many times STS times you guys not to trust anyone online, dont share accounts, dont share gold.

But since you all have hard head as rock, I want to cool, i want to be hero help my friends bla bla bla...! result scammed.

If you think removing the AP will help and stop people from scamming your wrong again. scammers will just look for another reason to scam like borrowing items MAUL, Arcane staff ect ect..its just like the same amount of midas touch a lesser than 30m.

Geeezz i hope all people learn from this and dont let anyone borrow your items and gold!

So you guys wont hassle a lot of plat users!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Reading through these posts I would just like to say my humanity in this game has been restored a little, there is some truly great selfless people here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    I can feel you! and i think most plat used and big spender wont like this.

removing the AP just because a few careless people made mistakes.

Minimizing scam? no one force you to lend them gold if you lend them gold it is by trade so it means by the time you lend your gold you are aware of the consequences that will happen.

So now got scammed deal with it! its your own fault no matter how many times STS times you guys not to trust anyone online, dont share accounts, dont share gold.

But since you all have hard head as rock, I want to cool, i want to be hero help my friends bla bla bla...! result scammed.

If you think removing the AP will help and stop people from scamming your wrong again. scammers will just look for another reason to scam like borrowing items MAUL, Arcane staff ect ect..its just like the same amount of midas touch a lesser than 30m.

Geeezz i hope all people learn from this and dont let anyone borrow your items and gold!

So you guys wont hassle a lot of plat users!
    Your just repeating yourself now, you have said your piece we know your view. I don't think you are actually getting the point of this! And you contradict yourself wayyyyy too much! Just take the lb letters out of your eyes for a second. Moving on ....
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-05-2013 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Edit: It reminds me of the pirate rings bug that were simply changed after people paid good money for them. After this I cannot trust STS, so I am not spending any money on this game. Removing Midas Touch would be way more severe.

Edit 2: I do not want this to be removed from game because I am afraid that many plat spenders would quit. My trust in STS is already shaken so I don't really care personally.

The pirate rings were a mistake, and I lost a lot of gold during this. But as it says in the TOS STS have the right to change anything any time to do with the game. And let's be honest, they were OP and everyone knew it.

Back on topic....

If this is removed the only players that will leave will be the ones who did not achieve the AP the way that it was intended. It was created as a reward for merching I presume. And if you have purchased it using plat that is as much of a cop out as being loaned it from a friend. They would of said 'this is an AP for how much plat you can spend ' and whilst I'm sure they would of loved to of had this lol, they certainly did not make it for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    The people are right

Let everyone say their point as afterall STS can conclude what majority decided.

We are going off topic, nobody care how much ppls spent on a game, we are speaking about MINIMIZING THE TEMPTATIONS for SCAMMERS.

Say your opinion simple : "I don't want 50 m and 100 mil APs to be removed" or " I do want the APs to be removed".

We all spent, we all worked hard, and look at Jon and Emma! They both worked hard (I'm sure harder than most) but they started the thread and they asked for removal of APs, true? Do they leave game? NO! They want less temptations for scammers like most of us!

Back on topic!
    Out of thanks Paul. I'm pleased that we have someone and so many others that can see what we are trying to achieve. This is not a popularity contest or a bitter thread based on jealousy and greed, it's is purely to MINIMIZE THE SCAMS. We just want to make the game a safer place with less temptation and less opportunity to abuse peoples trust.

As I continually say, the main achievement is having the gold. That is the biggest reward. Most would be happier to say that they had half of the gold for the achievement rather than I title that says so.

Thank you all again for taking the time to write your thoughts. I appreciate them all and respect all opinions... Even if I don't agree with them.

Gratefully yours.

Jon
    Last edited by Joncheese; 11-05-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I believe a small group of platinum players would prefer AP for amount of platinum spent in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    I believe a small group of platinum players would prefer AP for amount of platinum spent in game.
    True... turn that gold title into a plat title with AP!

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

I am a plat player and I want the APs to be removed.

AL ist free of advertisement and free to play, yet there is no free lunch.
    All STG employees want to get paid for their jobs and servers aren’t for free either. That’s why I buy plat like in WOW others pay for the online account.

But this is too much.
    Not only the scamming problem but also the people who have a gambling issue. 100 Mio. in Plat is about 3.000 $...

Btw – midas died by turning himself into gold. Your guildies are more important. Why not share your wealth with them?

CaptnSharky lvl 41 - Schattenwolff lvl 21, Mein Motto: Have Fun!, unser Forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    Your just repeating yourself now, you have said your piece we know your view. I don't think you are actually getting the point of this! And you contradict yourself wayyyyy too much! Just take the lb letters out of your eyes for a second. Moving on ....
    Its not just about LB its the ammount of money we spend on this game!
    I rather agree they will reset all midas touch! And from now on no more brorrowing!

This scammed issue players must learn from it!
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

sts made that ap for their own profit.. players will need to spend more money for them to be able to get the title.. thats sts wants.. only thinking for their own benefits..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexdroog View Post
    I am a plat player and I want the APs to be removed.

AL ist free of advertisement and free to play, yet there is no free lunch.
    All STG employees want to get paid for their jobs and servers aren’t for free either. That’s why I buy plat like in WOW others pay for the online account.

But this is too much.
    Not only the scamming problem but also the people who have a gambling issue. 100 Mio. in Plat is about 3.000 $...

Btw – midas died by turning himself into gold. Your guildies are more important. Why not share your wealth with them?
    When you share you are aware of the consequence that they might run your gold.

Dont tell me at the back of your mind that it not made you think he might run or wont return it back.

So its clearly you are aware if what you are giving them.
    So when you get scammed dont blame sts its your own fault .
    Stop acting like kids! And blaming the misdas touch it has nothing to do with you being scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prettymikhazuki View Post
    sts made that ap for their own profit.. players will need to spend more money for them to be able to get the title.. thats sts wants.. only thinking for their own benefits..
    Well sts did not force anyone of you to spend on the tittle its. Its up to the player if he wants the tittle.
    So again this is irrelevant answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Well, if people are buying Midas Touch by RL money, why not giving those addicts better possibility? And no scam possible?

Collect 1,000 plats!

Collect 10,000 plats!

Collect 100,000 plats!

Of course just a title, AP=0

Sorry for the touch of irony but those posts about plat spenders leaving the game are getting ridiculous - no harm or offense intended

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Well in my guild most of us are expats we rather spend cash than farming whole day we dont have the time for it.

Lets say each of us spend 300-500 usd for plats budget per month and i know round 40+ in middle east in my guild.

Its around 20,000-30,000 USD. FYI STS earn money from plats users.
    Players who play for free farmed items - plat users buy items from converting plats to gold
    This is how the game works.

We will see if this game will still run with all free users playing.. Arcane legends will die with out plats users.

Go banned and midas touch and we will see.
    Last edited by Daddyblu; 11-05-2013 at 11:27 AM.