Thread: Game mechanics and equipment, a thread to reform PL and re-establish class balance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    I agree with the most part but int mage DMG is already sky high Drain and fire I meant. int mages do more DMG (with shield and 1 h weapon) than the highest damaging (meant to be at least) class bird with 2h bow (I.e with no sheild).
    Two issues though:
    In PvP, that damage is not very effective. It is not very useful because your target has really high dodge. Hence the scenario above. Target has 80% dodge. That means that to get drain life to hit, it will be dodged 80% of the time.

In PvE, the damage is still not very effective. It is not very useful because well, PvE is very elixir centric. Furthermore, without an elixir you will be picking up a ton of aggro. This compounds the issue for staff mages because they only get 9% more damage for 25% less survivability. At least with my suggestions, you'd get 25% more firepower for 25% less survivability. A fair tradeoff, and one useful provided you have a good tank.

what we need - skill damage distribution among other skills similarly bears are about beacon stomp. skill DMG should be distributed in other skills so there would be less 2hit kills. players have to go through his/her most of the skills tactically to kill opponent.

I'm forced to disagree here too. With the current situation, 2 hit kills are not the issue at all. High dodge is the issue. Str vs str fights go on and on.

Judging by your responses, I suspect that you are very much focused on either end game with elixir PvE or a twinking, as int mages currently while they do a lot of damage, their damage tends to get dodged a lot.

biggest mistake made by devs- Percentage based stats should have been treated separately e.g hit%, dodge, crit. these stats either started to got saturated or either got saturated if I had to explain it then I needed to write 1page article, I'm not gonna do that.

also) Debuffs skills should not get dodged even though the DMG may get dodged for ex if someone dodge brk armor he only dodged the DMG but did not dodge the break armor proc it happens but there are many other debuffs that get dodged with its procs also.

other than that as op always mention 2h gear and 1h gears are not balanced and 2h gear always have advantage over 1h weapon gear in general.

I agree with these points here though and that's what I plan to talk about.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post: