Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove Locked Crates from Loot Table of Elite Bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What's worse is getting a rare item on a reroll. I'd welcome a LGCW at those moments... 10k is way better than the 5-8 gold you get for liquidating junk items. Like many though, I would much rather they drop more EGB than LGCW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I don't remember where I read it, but someone mentioned that there is a different loot table for chests/crates and gear.

So, theoretically, you could not reroll from an EGP to a weapon/armor/helm. Conversely, if you rerolled to an locked crate, it wasn't from a weapon/armor/helm but from EGP.

I don't know for sure if this is the case. I don't know if it came from a developer or a player. But it makes sense. Its impossible to know though without direct confirmation.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    @Everyone who is disagreeing

If you're disagreeing, then you don't understand how luck elixirs work - plain & simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, luck elixirs only make you reroll for a higher rarity or a better item in the same rarity.

So...you can't reroll from a green to a locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    Reroll only gives u a chance to get one higher ranked loot

Green>purple
    purple>pink
    pink>mythic
    etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    I'm torn because you are re rolling an EGB, and this obviously holds much more value. Yet if you weren't using an elixir you wouldnt have rerolled.

Don't think there's much argument to be had. If you don't want a LGCW, don't use reroll. Or use one and u may get a decent legendary.
    Unfortunately, the developers have been clear how reroll elixirs work in PL and SL, but they have been entirely vague in terms of how luck elixirs work in AL. It does not appear to be the same in terms of rerolling to the next rarity level, but instead rerolling to a better loot table. Until the developers clarify how the luck elixirs work it is all speculation in terms of whether a locked crate would be an elite golden chest if there was not a reroll. Check out the developer response in the following thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...uldn-t-happen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanamerny View Post
    What's worse is getting a rare item on a reroll. I'd welcome a LGCW at those moments... 10k is way better than the 5-8 gold you get for liquidating junk items. Like many though, I would much rather they drop more EGB than LGCW.
    Personally, I'd rather reroll a Rare item than know that my EGx rerolled to a locked crate.

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Unfortunately, the developers have been clear how reroll elixirs work in PL and SL, but they have been entirely vague in terms of how luck elixirs work in AL. It does not appear to be the same in terms of rerolling to the next rarity level, but instead rerolling to a better loot table. Until the developers clarify how the luck elixirs work it is all speculation in terms of whether a locked crate would be an elite golden chest if there was not a reroll. Check out the developer response in the following thread:

Yeah, that kind of confused me even more. By that explanation, its actually possible to roll DOWN? If I roll an epic and get the reroll and the next table has rare or common items in it... its possible for me to get those??
    Last edited by Rare; 11-13-2013 at 05:08 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Not necessarily a need to remove it from the tables...just put the EGPB and expensive legendaries on a higher loot table than locked crates and you'll be rerolling from locked into EGPB instead. A quick fix and it wouldnt be quite as complex, and people would still get a chance to reroll from a crappy epic to a locked and at least make a little profit, and those who are lucky would reroll onto the puzzlebox.

And its no really rerolling down...yeah maybe in the item rarity but it could still be a better drop. The way I see it...looting is run by an RNG (random number generator), say 1:15000 is a EGPB, with reroll you've got a CHANCE to reduce that...so RNG goes through and hits 598, thay corresponds to loot table 3...than it goes to reroll, RNG kicks in for 1:15 chance (theoretical numbers and the 15 is just for leps percentage) to reroll, RNG selects 15, you reroll to loot table 4 with higher value items(how they determine this I'm unsure)...if RNG hits 1 - 14 there's no reroll to the next table, and your lockeds are on say table 20 of 20m..where I see the issue is your elite legendaries and EGPB must be on table 19 and this causes an issue as far as profit is concerned.
    Last edited by smuggs; 11-13-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I agree with this (again).

Today, I had another case of this epic tease in Elite Rooks Nest. I got a Reroll notification and bam! pink pops up on screen. I'm thinking to myself, finally Mali has dropped :-P, then fireworks and oh boy, another locked :-(

Leaved Locked Crates on the loot table in normal maps, which gives mainstream gamers a reliable source of income, and leave the home run balls where they belong in elite maps. It's just a bone-crushing disappointment to see pink text pop up on screen only to realize that you just got a Locked Crate instead of an Architect Pylon, Architect Quill, Malison Egg, Entombed Hammer or the other desirable (and therefore valuable) Legendary items.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post

However, it can be proven with statistics that the same system is in place.

How? Run Kraken Mine III with 70% reroll. Locked crates rain from the sky as basically every purple turns pink.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frohnatur View Post
    lol, -1 for that one. U think the good stuff will drop more often if u remove crates? If it would, the good stuff woudnt be so good anymore instead prices would drop and it would share the same fate as so many other good legendary stuff.

There is a good reason why drop rates at shuyal are so low and i applaud to that, even if it makes shuyal elite less desireable to run.

Be happy that u'll get at least a crate for your efforts. 10k gold seems to be a good value for the effort of an elite run ... Compared as in to get nothing, i mean.
    agree!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Seems like you have trouble reading:

1) The topic is about elite bosses not KM3
    2) Dev states this:

So the loot table in KM3 is going to be different then an elite map.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    "As I understand it"

You are stating that loot table groupings can be arbitrary and are not consistently made up of the same rarity level (common/rare/epic ... etc). This is quite a departure from all other information given on the subject in the past so I ask that you confirm this for us from the source.
    ^^^

It is also entirely possible that the system is the same as PL's and SL's since a lot of the coding is just ported over to AL.

P.S: Bolded comment was out of order...? PM me please, if you want to discuss further.
    Last edited by Delphina; 11-13-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

-1 EGP and PInk drops worth 100-300k .. Locked Crates 10k try to open . it worth millions. you know that.

and its better that sts dont tell how reroll elixir work.. coz everything in this game will be calculated > no more thrill, no more complain, no more sense > switch to other MMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

^^^

It is also entirely possible that the system is the same as PL's and SL's since a lot of the coding is just ported over to AL.

P.S: Bolded comment was out of order...? PM me please, if you want to discuss further.
    Why would you think I'm mad? I'm just pointing out you are wrong based on what the dev.
    Last edited by Delphina; 11-13-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Why would you think I'm mad? I'm just pointing out you are wrong based on what the dev. But I guess you know better then the developer?
    Hey Falmear,

I said that because you seem to hold a personal grudge. Otherwise, you would not have started off your post with a direct instigation.

Secondly, I do not know better than a developer. Please don't accuse me of that. I was merely quoting Fluff to emphasize the "As I understand it" part. It shows that he may be wrong about it, so again, we are still at the same standpoint of not knowing completely.

You may be right; I may be right. Until a developer confirms it, we have no idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

This is gonna turn into a hate thread since people are disagreeing with others and quite clearly disliking assumptions and accusations of rerolls and loot tables
    Last edited by Int; 11-13-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Seriously just a yes or no thread guys. And your opinion on why. Thats it. Nothing more.

No hidden gimmicks, nothing. Lets keep the grudges out of here and take it to PM's.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

As I understand the reroll comment from the devs:

Lets say there are 6 loot-tables. 1 is the worst and 6 is the best. They may look like this

Table 1 (drop chance often)
    common bad item
    common bad item
    common bad item
    rare bad item

Table 2 (drop chance less often)
    rare bad item
    rare better item
    common better item
    epic bad item

Table 3 (drop chance occasionally)
    rare better item
    epic bad item
    epic better item
    legendary bad item

Table4 (drop chance less occasionally)
    epic better item (EGP)
    legendary bad item
    legendary better item
    crate

Table 5 (drop chance very seldom)
    crate
    epic better item (EGP
    legendary bad item
    legendary better item

Table 6 (drop chance extremly seldom)
    legendary better item
    legendary better item
    legendary better item
    legendary best item
    egg

All a reroll does is moving your loot-drop one table up.
    This may be the cause why we sometime get worse items after a reroll. To eliminate the fear of missing a EGP the designer would have to move the crates to a higher category up.
    That would also mean they drop less often. To me this doesn't look like a big deal. But I'm no programmer.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 11-13-2013 at 11:31 PM.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

my suggestion is increase the drop rate of epic to pink on some maps..i run 40x elite olt snd no single good item or purpule chest..wtf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    This is false. You can't reroll a legendary to a mythic since mythic isnt dropped by anything. Reroll can also give you a higher item in the same rank. Locked crates most likely reroll into those expensive pinks in elite maps. If locked were removed you would just get something worth even less than the 10k locked price. When doing elite maps just be happy you made any gold.
    Hmm thats wutzgood? Ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Elite wraith heart has been bugged ever since it came out and they "don't have the time" to fix it. That's something major so i doubt we see them go back to change anything on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Elite wraith heart has been bugged ever since it came out and they "don't have the time" to fix it. That's something major so i doubt we see them go back to change anything on this.
    A fix is coming in the client update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    This has been changed on their end. I believe it is being included in the upcoming crafting update.