Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pvp room is getting boring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    why didnt they implement an achiev for won pvp matches? Would restore the whole pvp system without ever changing so much on the pvp game itself.
    This is a GREAT IDEA, recording your wins and loses. This will make the PvP more exciting and enjoyable.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy:1336982
    Its pretty anoing that you all cry about the flaggers
    Do you all know what CTF means? Right:CAPTURE THE FLAG!!
    Yes but usually when you play a capture the flag game you don't expect your enemies to let you waltz in take the flag and leave and complain if they don't. Try playing Team Fortress to see what real ctf.

You go to ctf and all you see is people yelling "flaggiiiiiing", nobody actually playing CTF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    Yes but usually when you play a capture the flag game you don't expect your enemies to let you waltz in take the flag and leave and complain if they don't. Try playing Team Fortress to see what real ctf.

You go to ctf and all you see is people yelling "flaggiiiiiing", nobody actually playing CTF.
    Yea, there isn't a problem in flagging, but there's a problem on how and when people flag. I'm sure no one wants a 5v4 when one member of a team is mindlessly flagging, not caring about the team at all. That's mostly why we 'cry' about these flaggers. There wouldn't be a problem if there would be actual legit CTF matches, but that isn't the case most of these days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimocallboy View Post
    Silly statement if we're all honest, especially considering the OP has just said about how boring PVP is.... which he's right about. If you can tell me you have seen 1 match where you have actually played capture the flag (and no i dont mean the tournemant) i would be amazed.

CTF is no longer capture the flag, its is a place where you can kill more than 20 times. PVP is broken in this game.

I'm pretty sure if you asked everyone who PVP's regularly what there opinion is the general consensus would be the same. Regardless of whether its broken people still want to play it as many players actually join games like AL for PVP alone..... it has a huge following. And lets be honest PVE does get updated every season, wouldn't only be fair to give PVP something aswell.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

I would like to see closed arena where the teams can agree on playing fair play CTF without any fun spoilers. If someone is concerned about exploiting, don't add kill count in such an arena.

Something like when I set up the arena, I obtain a password valid for limited time that I can tell to the others ... something like that, just thinking.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I suggest a FFA room (free for all)...........if you have played CS you know what FFA means

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    I suggest a FFA room (free for all)...........if you have played CS you know what FFA means
    I like FFA unli time :P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

well, I have a confusion about PVP. I was tried to play several pvp games, but I wasn't very clear about the rule...

On some games, people just doing flag without attacking each other.

On some games, people gathered team to do a rumble battle, and the winner stand in the middle. on these games, flagging is a cursed action...

and more strange games happen... the enemies just trying to kill me, and only me... they let my team go flag without do any harm to them, and my team also seem don't have interest to helping me... I'm begin to think that the enemies in someway discriminate me, because I'm the weakest in my team.. or maybe they just afraid of my other team's gear or guild.. which I don't have.

this is just silly map... and how can people like me enjoy this kind of map... well, anyhow, if i get the latest myth dagger, i'm sure that i can enjoy killing people. but it's my own fault that i didn't gave all my time to farm 20m or so, or buying tons of plats to open crates... but still, this is either silly map or silly player

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Maybe create a competitive map where both teams compete to KILL a specific boss/set of mobs. And not really PvP, but competitive PvE where its a team against another team. Whoever lands the most hits/blows/dmg on the boss wins etc.

Just a thought.
    World of war craft did this. It was set up as a 25 man encounter staged in a zone where opposing forces could attack each other. So if say red team attacked this boss first they were locked to the kill until they either killed the boss or the entire team died. Sometimes they were left alone to kill as a group sometimes opposing forces would attack them and they would have to fend opposing forces off while killing the boss. The boss would only attk the team it was tied to. This was one of the coolest encounters in world of warcraft imo. Similar to one group pulling an elite boss trying to kill it while another team is attacking them as well. Cool idea but because of pt sizes and zone parameters and balancing issues next to impossible to implement. Unless perhaps the mob had elite boss hp but did no dmg no stuns, only serving as a dmg soaker and marker for the game.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    world of war craft did this. It was set up as a 25 man encounter staged in a zone where opposing forces could attack each other. So if say red team attacked this boss first they were locked to the kill until they either killed the boss or the entire team died. Sometimes they were left alone to kill as a group sometimes opposing forces would attack them and they would have to fend opposing forces off while killing the boss. The boss would only attk the team it was tied to. This was one of the coolest encounters in world of warcraft imo. Similar to one group pulling an elite boss trying to kill it while another team is attacking them as well. Cool idea but because of pt sizes and zone parameters and balancing issues next to impossible to implement. Unless perhaps the mob had elite boss hp but did no dmg no stuns, only serving as a dmg soaker and marker for the game.
    yes yes yes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

guys, the problem is we've allowed free flagging. the solution is simple: KILL ALL!
    we don't need a separate room, don't need AP removed, etc. just kill all. Enter into existing ctf map and kill the person with the flag. Problem solved.
    gf

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default Pvp room is getting boring

And it wasn't boring having 10 minute fights to begin with? I liked early pvp better, even though it was wildly unbalanced.

SUGGESTION PART: I would like to see a MOBA-esk gametype.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Pvp room is getting boring

Stg should have a rule: nubs with over 100-1 kdrs should be given a warning not to boost anymore or after a person has killed a person 100+ times in a row without the other person killing at all,the person should get like a 24h guardian against them. Also remove crazy kdr people from lbs, they boosted they're way there for sure and all their other toons should be removed from lbs too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    guys, the problem is we've allowed free flagging. the solution is simple: KILL ALL!
    we don't need a separate room, don't need AP removed, etc. just kill all. Enter into existing ctf map and kill the person with the flag. Problem solved.
    gf
    Exactly what im doing now

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

nothing is wrong with pvp..what is wrong is the people playing it. bunch of cry baby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Maybe do an event next weekend.no flag day.so remove those flags from ctf rooms for 2days
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I agree with what many are saying here - it is the people/guilds, not the system.

There is no reason for spot blocking, "this guild is an ally", "don't kill xxx he's my friend", "just flag", "don't flag, farm the noobs", ganging, spawning, etc. The system is perfectly fine, it's just that leaderboards and vanity stats have ruined a big part of PvP.

I have started to see a lot of these types of toons below (I wonder what the purpose could possibly be)...

Name:  FarmTwo_lol.png
Views: 78
Size:  1.06 MB

With so much kill boosting, ganging, spawning, informal "rules" and other elements evolving in PvP, I have decided to take a break from it this season. Fortunately, I was able to have a little PvP and TDM fun during respec weekend, but unfortunately, for every civilized game I entered, there were three or four that reinforced the reasons why i chose to take a break.

I do think that an FFA boss kill element would be loads of fun. I also enjoy the challenge of Truell kills (got a couple APs for guildies over the weekend), so more of these would be enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I just think that whatever avenue opens up in PvP, especially if it is AP or leaderboard related, there will be a significant number of players who will find a new way to abuse the system.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained