Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
Nah, Sin does just as good in PvE as an Archer. 1v1 esp bosses take no time at all with acute poison/deadly poison, Contract on its own is a beast, tear through anything moving on per target.

Unless you mean AoE spamming Split shot, which takes the fun out of "getting to know your class" well IMO anyway. Plus the sneak side of Archer is horrendous after the update slows you down plus takes forever to CD.

Personally I'd stick with the Spec you plan on becoming, all the practice helps a lot esp when you want to assign your sidebar for skills.

I found lvln up one spec and then switching at end game just didn't feel right, didn't know how to lay out my side skill bar or where to start to work out my build.

That's just me though, may work for others, tho I do believe that there isn't much if any difference in "which is better" just "which is easiest" to play if you haven't got the skill. (Latest update less skill needed but still true in nature)

I agree, but I think there is a much larger benefit of playing ranger as you level up. I've played sin, so in my case I know how to play it once I get it back up to 70 (my other acc got hacked). But I remember leveling up as a sin and it was pretty difficult at times. I enjoy killing different bosses and such from a distance, not having to worry about your health. Being an effective sin requires pretty top-notch gear from my past experiences.