Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, you say game is balanced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chorba69 View Post
    Lets twink at lv10. I'll try it hehe. Not in the mood to reach 35/36.
    But yeah, please note that I did not want to start arguing, or anything like that. I just wanted to hear people's opinions but yeah it ended up like this.
    I'd still like to hear what people think about it, maybe there are other people that play different so they have other statements.
    Thanks for your replies and cheers!
    Warriors own as twinks for several reasons:

1) the Dark Watch Sword. Highest damage of any warrior pink and has a pric for 100% critical chance.

2) everyone has low damage. Warriors can stay immortal with HoR since everyone is dealing similar damage (In season one rogues, before the heal nerf, were the healling class).

- the difference is critical hits, but warriors can apply feeble.

Note: the lower your level the stronger a warrior is in PvP. My level 14 has a 40:1 kdr for tdm. I had a level 16 for awhile and couldny even get 20:1 (I was 12:1).

Additionally, warriors don't land kills as easilly as rogues. You land three kills for every one I do. It only makes sense that I would have higher survival.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Additionally, warriors don't land kills as easilly as rogues. You land three kills for every one I do. It only makes sense that I would have higher survival.
    This, in partucular, is an important point. Rogues snipe kills all the time due to their high, single target damage and spam-able skills. I have seen many, many Sorcs wipe out entire parties more times than I can count with Fireball and Clock, but it is extremely rare when I see Warriors destroying groups.

The point is that while Warriors are extremely durable, they are so rarely the kill leader of any match that at end game, I would say it happens exactly....never. Twink levels are a different story. So, who are generally the kill leaders? Rogues and Sorcs. Rogues due to high single target damage, Sorcs, typically due to AoE skills. Where does that leave Warriors? Well, they are the class that you have a tough time killing.

In a competent party, Warriors serve as the shield. They take the brunt of the initial onslaught and are particularly good as being an opposing Rogues mana sponge (because we all know that a Rogue without mana is near-death). Maulers in particular are integral to party success because of the armor reduction proc. Sorcerers stun the opposing party, deal lots of AoE and DoT damage. Rogues are the finishers - they finish off opposing players one-by-one. Cooperation between classes is what leads to success in CTF and TDM.

As others have said, with strengths comes weaknesses:

• Warriors are tough to kill, but it is hard for them to get kills. They have superior armor, hp and shielding, but their attack skills are by far the weakest in game and they tend to have relatively long skill cooldowns.
    • Rogues have the ability to inflict massive 1v1 damage, have the shortest skill cooldowns, highest Crit and Dodge, but have no form of shielding, effectively no AoE skills, are always mana starved and have, at best, midrange armor and health.
    • Sorcerers have the ability to stunlock and deal AoE damage en masse, they have shielding and the highest DMG stats, but have the lowest armor and typically low to midrange health and longish cooldowns on some of their skills.

The point is that you are taking the stats as the only factor in consideration of balance. The skills, buffs, debuffs, etc. play a huge part in the overall build and in balance in general. Looking at pure stats is kind of the same thing as judging a car purely on its rims. If all you notice are the bright, shiny, 22" chrome spinners, you may have missed the fact that they were strapped onto a 1986 Honda Civic that was mostly bondo and the rear window was just clear plastic sheeting and duct tape.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Level a warrior, play with it a week or two and then come back. I bet you delete this thread. Like someone wise said one time, "a clueless player is clueless."
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=97967&dateline=137622  0853

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slappityslap For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

warrior stats looks in this pic like he shows with proc , im full mythic with glaive and with valkin ( more str pet ) and all normal gems 6k hp , I dont think all supergems give me +500 hp , anyways , stg allways nerf warriors , prolly they dont ignore u but they should.

In my opinion rogue still the most OP class in pvp coz im warrior , but if u are a mage its normal u see warriors op , if u re a warrior its normal u see rogues op , and if u re a rogue its normal see mages op. So stop complaining my last phrase explains the pvp game its balanced , and all pro players know it, just a noob say pvp its unbalanced now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I think that warriors are getting stronger every update because rogues and sorcers have to hit fast if they want to survive and they depend on something not always "active", rogues on dodge and critical and sorcers on a lot of mana (that you can't use so effectively because of the cooldown of some skills), while warriors not only have high health but also an armor a lot higher than other 2 classes, this makes warrior able to survive a lot more and in the same time use less %mana and use skills slower doing anyway a good amount of damage. I like this phrase of chorba: "you have to be concentrated 101% percent on the duel, while warrior can smoke a cig, drink a coffee and cast HoR to heal itself, use attack skills few times" because it hits the point. I think the problem is in the armor, they should have around 150-180 armor more than rogues in my opinion , not 400 or more (telling about full mythic against full mythic or best legendary vs best legendary gears and yes I've seen warriors that have up to 2000 armor).
    Rogue's gameplay style is hit hard and fast, sorcer's hit with stun or other effect, warrior's is to tank and hit slow. More we go on, more time is needed for a rogue or sorcer to kill a warrior ,for the reason said above, despite cooldown moves be always the same. We can't reduce rogue and sorcer cooldown of some moves (and people are not computers that can tap each millisecond ) or we will have rogues that kill sorcers immediately or sorcers that stun so much that the opponent can't do nothing, so my advice is to increase both rogue and sorcer armor by 100 more or less and to decrease warrior armor of 100 (and maybe reduce cooldown of a warrior skill but not the horn). I'm saying 100 but it could be also 50-80, who knows, Sts should test. Probably warriors won't agree but I think as some people above me and others I know in the game that this season warriors have a quite big advantage in pvp (especially if there are 2 that can heal eachother) and I hope next season or update will be more balanced someway because I like a lot pvp.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to firechandra For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firechandra View Post
    I think that warriors are getting stronger every update because rogues and sorcers have to hit fast if they want to survive and they depend on something not always "active", rogues on dodge and critical and sorcers on a lot of mana (that you can't use so effectively because of the cooldown of some skills), while warriors not only have high health but also an armor a lot higher than other 2 classes, this makes warrior able to survive a lot more and in the same time use less %mana and use skills slower doing anyway a good amount of damage. I like this phrase of chorba: "you have to be concentrated 101% percent on the duel, while warrior can smoke a cig, drink a coffee and cast HoR to heal itself, use attack skills few times" because it hits the point. I think the problem is in the armor, they should have around 150-180 armor more than rogues in my opinion , not 400 or more (telling about full mythic against full mythic or best legendary vs best legendary gears and yes I've seen warriors that have up to 2000 armor).
    Rogue's gameplay style is hit hard and fast, sorcer's hit with stun or other effect, warrior's is to tank and hit slow. More we go on, more time is needed for a rogue or sorcer to kill a warrior ,for the reason said above, despite cooldown moves be always the same. We can't reduce rogue and sorcer cooldown of some moves (and people are not computers that can tap each millisecond ) or we will have rogues that kill sorcers immediately or sorcers that stun so much that the opponent can't do nothing, so my advice is to increase both rogue and sorcer armor by 100 more or less and to decrease warrior armor of 100 (and maybe reduce cooldown of a warrior skill but not the horn). I'm saying 100 but it could be also 50-80, who knows, Sts should test. Probably warriors won't agree but I think as some people above me and others I know in the game that this season warriors have a quite big advantage in pvp (especially if there are 2 that can heal eachother) and I hope next season or update will be more balanced someway because I like a lot pvp.
    Lmao pure noobs , if im vs full rogue I cant touch my nose, please stop complaining and try to have better gears , pets and builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puntus View Post
    Lmao pure noobs , if im vs full rogue I cant touch my nose, please stop complaining and try to have better gears , pets and builds.
    In my opinion a pure noob is who can't see and doesn't have respect of the point of view of others, I was talking about people who have the best legendary equipment and/or maybe 1 or 2 mythics not full mythics and arcane there are only a few. I'm talking about the majority of the people that like the game and play it almost everyday but don't have all the best gears and pets available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Zzz, rage thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

the game is balanced atm

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ipredator For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

lol people.. hello? knock knock? I've never said buff this class or nerf this class. I know each class has its pros and cons and I enjoy my class. I just wanted to hear people's opinions and what do they think about current level cap, stats, advantages and disadvantages, who's got highest chances to win in a battle etc.
    But it's sad that you cant discuss about something you want on this forum. Really sad.
    Thanks and close this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

First off,

I'd like to start off by saying that I am a rogue with 14 out of 15 exceptional gems on all of my year. If you need proof of that, hit me up in game: L36 Rogue - Zeus.

Secondly, trust me, I can understand your confusion as to why the classes seem unbalanced stat-wise.

Thirdly, my stats max out at 458 damage. However, that is at the expense at a LOT of health and mana. Without mana, a rogue is considered dead. With 458 damage, what can I do? I can crit 3.3-3.9k damage on sorcerers and other rogues. However, with warriors, my damage is lower.

So, to alleviate this issue, I put 40 intelligence point into my build, boosting my mana from 1205 to 1705 and my health from the low 3k's to roughly 3.8k, depending on the pet that I am using.

Now, with this, I can still crit 3k on a sorcerer or rogue, but damage on a warrior drops to 2.5-2.7k. However, this is sufficient considering I can spam away my aimed shot.

A warrior's HoR heals a total of 700-800 per tick, total'ing out to bring him 4.8-5kish health roughly. Now...I can bring that down in 2 combos of aimed shot. If I spam my skills versus a warrior, then yes, he will drain my mana and have the advantage.

Instead, I lead with a charged aimed shot and stack each aimed shot thereafter. This leads to greater damage with each hit due to the armor reduction, crit boost, and crit multiplier. If I manage my packs wisely and charge pierce through the warrior when I can afford the high mana cost, I can beat most - if not all warriors.

For mages, it is balanced too. They have the advantage versus us due to similar damage, but high stuns. However, despite this...we can still beat them.

The truth is, all classes are balanced right now. It is all on the build that you use. However, the only thing that one could argue is NOT balanced is stacking up warriors in a FFA, due to the survivability effect extrapolating.

Other than that, class vs. class is balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Pick one of the following:
    Name:  Here_we_go_again.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  26.3 KBName:  last ned.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  6.5 KBName:  PleaseNot-this-thread-again.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  19.9 KBName:  1364933038623.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  48.3 KB

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firechandra View Post
    In my opinion a pure noob is who can't see and doesn't have respect of the point of view of others, I was talking about people who have the best legendary equipment and/or maybe 1 or 2 mythics not full mythics and arcane there are only a few. I'm talking about the majority of the people that like the game and play it almost everyday but don't have all the best gears and pets available.
    Then ur concept of noob its wrong , if u ll see me complaining about nerf other classes , u have my permission to say me noob seriously , also u cant claim nerf warrior , ur point and argue its the players who havent the best gear, also ur point its pretty confuse , coz for example one warrior with glaive and hellish gear ( depending on build ) , can be better than others warriors , or mage with mythic ring prolly its better than mage with lunar ( depending on build too ) , so u cant claim any nerf based in gear , maybe u have to look zeus reply and prolly u will see u have a wrong build and need to work ur build better , like zeus, hawk , ctf , demonassa and a lot of more rogues do and did. In zeus reply u have a clean example of good work build. Really tired of complains about nerf warriors...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Wait what...things are balanced? How did this happen in less then 3 months. Mages were suppose to make rogue's goners and warriors have near immortality.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1263497
    Last edited by falmear; 12-07-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

1v1 (sorc vs other class)
    At the moment,
    It is NOT balanced or Sorc's Chance to win is ZERO!
    Anyways, i already knew and accepted that mages WILL struggle to compete 1v1 against the other Two class. On S3(what season was the last before this season???) before samael Pops froms crates, After they BUFFed Curse, After they hand out Mythic weapon at lvl31 PvP was the only time that Sorc can fight. Lets just face it sorc is the weakest class for 1v1, they can try but will struggle and fail in this season.

But if it's a 5v5, it's a different strory and this is where you can say "it is balanced". I played Sorc class from 21pvp until 31pvp and know sorc's potential in a group fight. Each class has their own upperhand. We(sorc) may not like to be called as support class but it is "probably" the best way to play Sorc.

Although, my comment may be true but it is not the end for other sorc to try 1v1 and become pro at it. I tried but i failed so maybe you(other sorcs) might succeed.

Just My 2 ....
    Last edited by Cero; 12-07-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    1v1 (sorc vs other class)
    At the moment,
    It is NOT balanced or Sorc's Chance to win is ZERO!
    Anyways, i already knew and accepted that mages WILL struggle to compete 1v1 against the other Two class. On S3(what season was the last before this season???) before samael Pops froms crates, After they BUFFed Curse, After they hand out Mythic weapon at lvl31 PvP was the only time that Sorc can fight. Lets just face it sorc is the weakest class for 1v1, they can try but will struggle and fail in this season.

But if it's a 5v5, it's a different strory and this is where you can say "it is balanced". I played Sorc class from 21pvp until 31pvp and know sorc's potential in a group fight. Each class has their own upperhand. We(sorc) may not like to be called as support class but "probably" the best way to play Sorc is becoming other class' Support.

Just My 2 ....
    I love ur signature, so true XD ahahahahha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Haha hi gwyn

Damn you quoted me too fast before i could edit it.

(My sig is actualy a name of an album. i took it thinking i could link it to twink pvp. Lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I love it, I think u should not change it XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Wait what...things are balanced? How did this happen in less then 3 months. Mages were suppose to make rogue's goners and warriors have near immortality.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1263497
    Stg already nerfed warrior shield , full team of warriors arent immortality now , also mage full mythic with samael and arcane staff or mythic staff have chances to kill rogue in vs.

And u have to know : warrior > sorcerer , sorcerer> rogue , rogue > warrior
    Ofc if u are a mage can feel warriors re op ,same happens with warriors against rogues or rogues against mages, game its balanced.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Puntus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

So I've read all of this thread and I have a few observations.

1. OP has some difficulty with maxed out warrs in pvp (I do too) and decides to make a post on forums asking if anyone else has similar experiences and offers possible evidence to be discussed.

2. OP is ridiculed and called childish names

3. Thread is hijacked to mythics

4. Thread is hijacked to twinks

5. People complain because there have been similar threads

Yes, mixed in there were some actually productive posts (Zeus comes to mind) but the majority of it is garbage. If you can't reply to a players legitimate post without being childish or condescending don't reply at all. If you've already read threads like this and dont want to read this one YOU DONT HAVE TO.

Not everyone has been here since the beginning and some of us are still learning. Show some common courtesy.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DagnyTaggart For This Useful Post: