Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pvp self farming, AGAIN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I wish STS would do something about this. Its particularly annoying in TDM since it interferes with starting a match. I posted about this before and they deleted my post.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Is easy for me get around 1 - 1.5k Kills on a day ( At Endgame ), anyways is so exahusting, that rogue probably don't sleep or too many players play at that account.

Just an idea.

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkiryas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

this is so dumb. ok if u are in situation . u are top 2 or 3. then u became top 1 then right away u will just see ur all hardworked kill in pvp got beated by a self farming? ull get upset right? i remember the time when im fighing against her without full geared i can kill her easily. it was fun. coz top pvp kills can kill easily. dang. doesnt deserve. she gets farmed when doin real game. i barely see her in pvp. i can see her in guild war but alone never. coz even she is full geared she still no knowlegedge in pvp so its nothing .

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Reason people self farm = They get farmed when they enter a real game
    He just another noob that 'buy' everything with money/gold. No respect for the 'buying' LB banner.
    Last edited by UnderAgeKids; 12-16-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Revengga
    < Feel Good Inc >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

The system of farming gusty teed kills via paid players or alternate accounts is called using "feeds." Its a common, and banable offense in many MMOs (including League of Legends).

I once caught a player in a tdm room with 4 naked players on the other team. The player ran straight to where they respawned as if she/he knew where they were. I reported her/him and was later notified that "feeds" as I had called them were not against the rules.

This is a joke. The LB is dominated by PvP APs atm, but anyone with a multiple devices and emails can make it on in a matter of hours. By this means of Cheating (its 100% cheating) players can get they warmonger AP within a week.

I believe their needs to be a serious crack down on the use of feeds.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Meh.. Kill-farmers

I would rather work my way to the top at my own pace.. Some people just get way too competitive when it comes to colorful pixels on a banner.

Laziness is way too common even in a game.

It's funny how everything works out.

We, as people, play video games as a way an outlet from the real world. Our goals and desires in real life are very long-term and sometimes very difficult. But on the other hand, a game offers a short-term goal for us to occupy ourselves in the meantime. In a game, we can achieve and it gives us some gratification, instead of the long wait towards our true "quests."

The fact that people must kill-farm only implies that their patience in real life is severely lacking. Either way, kill-farming is highly overrated and pathetic.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I highly doubt anything will be done about this by sts. Fod them to sort thru that kind of mess to see who done it legitimately n who cheated.

From coming with ideas on how to suck morre plats from us n working on progression I'll be amazed if somerhing is done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Pvp self farming is lame. Played a few other games and there's really nothing u can do about it! No one who's legit can beat them without being guilty of doing it too.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 12-16-2013 at 06:55 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I see a lot of twink pvp players commenting here. If u don't end game pvp then u won't know how difficult it is to get a high number of kills. I say it's difficult, if you're good then it is more than possible (I watched hawk get 1k kills the other day easily) but it is still ALOT of work. And it certainly does not happen over a couple of days.

This kind of thing destroys pvp. I jumped in Tdm last week and EVERY time there were farmers.... How's anyone supposed to get a good game?

It can't be regulated tho, and there's no way of stopping it so we are all just gonna have to get on with things. One thing for sure though is that those that get caught get flamed, and that is an easy way to destroy a reputation. I wouldn't want to be at the top of the leader board and know that everyone who looks at it is thinking 'that person farmed kills to get there.' I'd rather them say look at him at the bottom..... Cos at least I would have earned it.

Sorry but this truely sucks
    Last edited by Joncheese; 12-16-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I believe its fairly simple to enforce.

1) If you're from the same IP and you're killing other toons from the same IP and you have some insane kill/death ratio in the match. You get banned.
    2) If you are 1v5 or 1v4 and you have some insane kill/death ratio for the match you get banned.
    3) If you are 5v5 or whatever and no one else on your team gets any kills and you have some insane kill/death ratio for the match you get banned.

It requires some simple investigation and we will see that some obvious signs that the person is kill farming. But STS turns a blind eye to this because they don't want to spend the time looking into these issues. The goal shouldn't be about eliminating kill farming but slowing them down. From the software side I am not sure what can be done without affecting legitimate players. But you can investigate these and issue warnings or temporary bans. If this happened then people would get the message its not cool and they need to play the game as intended. If you turn a blind eye then this emboldens people and they become brazen in their flaunting of the rules. Because they know there is no repercussions. Also if they don't want to ban anyone then they can simply make their account not accrue any PvP kills for some duration as punishment. They can still play the game but can't continue to cheat for some period of time. There are many solutions and I am sure if we all got together we could come up with better ones. But there has to be a desire to do something. And we know there is not.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    The system of farming gusty teed kills via paid players or alternate accounts is called using "feeds." Its a common, and banable offense in many MMOs (including League of Legends).

I once caught a player in a tdm room with 4 naked players on the other team. The player ran straight to where they respawned as if she/he knew where they were. I reported her/him and was later notified that "feeds" as I had called them were not against the rules.

This is a joke. The LB is dominated by PvP APs atm, but anyone with a multiple devices and emails can make it on in a matter of hours. By this means of Cheating (its 100% cheating) players can get they warmonger AP within a week.

I believe their needs to be a serious crack down on the use of feeds.
    Underlined part doesn't have to be true. Someone on Google Chrome can open multiple tabs and use fake Spacetime Studios email to create new alts (I've done it hundreds of times) and leave them online at the same time.

Still think Kill Farming should be stopped...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So is TruOrigins? or someone of this #1,2,3 on leaderboards?? LOL..

thats so noob just they like to say oh i im #1 in pvp kills..

whatever Kids kids everywhere..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

1) If you're from the same IP and you're killing other toons from the same IP and you have some insane kill/death ratio in the match. You get banned.
    2) If you are 1v5 or 1v4 and you have some insane kill/death ratio for the match you get banned.
    3) If you are 5v5 or whatever and no one else on your team gets any kills and you have some insane kill/death ratio for the match you get banned.

It requires some simple investigation and we will see that some obvious signs that the person is kill farming. But STS turns a blind eye to this because they don't want to spend the time looking into these issues. The goal shouldn't be about eliminating kill farming but slowing them down. From the software side I am not sure what can be done without affecting legitimate players. But you can investigate these and issue warnings or temporary bans. If this happened then people would get the message its not cool and they need to play the game as intended. If you turn a blind eye then this emboldens people and they become brazen in their flaunting of the rules. Because they know there is no repercussions. Also if they don't want to ban anyone then they can simply make their account not accrue any PvP kills for some duration as punishment. They can still play the game but can't continue to cheat for some period of time. There are many solutions and I am sure if we all got together we could come up with better ones. But there has to be a desire to do something. And we know there is not.
    hell yes agreed. sts never open their eyes about these. they js want money . what about if money user got upset becoz of self farming u will lose a lot of money. she will never deserve. and btw i have screenies the time i ask her if she will boost lol. its funny answer.
    anyways. my point here is. what about the good skilled ppl that wants to be top? and js beated by twink / self farming .
    Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

Or you red flag any player that makes (x) kills within (y) amount of time and check to make sure that less than (z)% of (x) kills were from account (n).

Further more, you can check an over time graph. Make sure that less than (m)% of your total kills were from account (n) once (a) amount of kills are achieved.

-Any feed account that is identified gets banned.

-Any account found being the sole beneficiary from (w) identified feed accounts gets banned as well.

---

This system requires many variables (which I see necessary for accuracy); however, we need some system checking in on players. Cheating causes pro players (usually plat players) to lose hope and quit the game. This will lead to lowered plat purchases, and (more importantly to me) friends leaving the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When the robot revolution comes,the farmed alts will start farming their mains .
    AL|Keanatec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I've been all over this ever since and I'm sure most of you know me as someone who is against kill farming. I was pretty competitive in ctf during the past seasons achieving 1.2k kills on one occasion and averaging 400-600 per day. I could say that the road up there (top rank) is pretty steep most especially when you engage in fair play.

In the long run I learned how to accept that there will be nothing done about it since the banners were introduced to the top 25 per category in response to kill farming. In this way, kill farming would be minimized as the road to the top rank would only merit the same banner with the exception of the name being posted in the forums. I feel you all but trust me you will all learn to accept and play ctf for "fun" without minding these practitioners of kill farming.

Now if only the thread starter could have made it a little obvious and instead pointed at a whole group of kill farmers then I wouldn't see any negative comments against the post. Just my 2 cents
    duck dynasty falls

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Hai guise, whats going on in this thread?

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #78
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Now if only the thread starter could have made it a little obvious and instead pointed at a whole group of kill farmers then I wouldn't see any negative comments against the post. Just my 2 cents
    Thread close for the above reason.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com