Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1394465
Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
Increased damage all around has effectively lowered all of our relative armor values. Since warriors gain the most hp with their damage they naturally gain the most, whereas rogues and mages are left trying to balance hp with damage. Gameplay has sped up significantly with kills taking less time and hits. I have noticed that I can kill rogues faster but also that I get suckered with my shield down far easier as well. Warriors were OP before and only got more so now.
This is an excellent point. Even if damage were to be raised across the board to make up for the increased health given by gems, warriors still benefit the most from a damage increase because they have the highest armor and therefore they block a higher percentage of damage than do rogues or mages. So I don't know if there is really a good solution to fixing this other than a warrior nerf. I'd like to think you could make some adjustment across the board that would fix things, but increasing damage to make up for the health increase may not have the desired effect.

As we continue to go up to higher levels, this will be a constant issue. Warriors get max health and damage from the same stat (Strength) while rogues and sorcerers must do a balancing act to achieve both. At lower levels warriors had to worry about mana, but now at higher levels even rogues rarely have to worry about mana, and mages have so much mana you never run out. I think the only way for STS to keep things in balance is to make higher damage weapons for both rogues and mages. In past seasons they seem to have accomplished this with only the arcane maul having high warrior damage, and it was rare enough as to not affect balance too much. But now tons of players seem to have the maul, more than I can ever remember having hooks in season 3-4, and far more than have arcane staff. So maul has become a mainstream and very common weapon. Add to that the new glaive/bonesaw that also has very high damage and you have a ton of warriors running around who can hit almost as hard as mages and rogues, yet have double the armor and health.

I hate to suggest a nerf. What really needs to happen is a nerf to both maul and glaive/bonesaw. Problem is people have paid big bucks for those items and would be very angry if they got nerfed (as would I if I owned one of those). So I think perhaps the solution is to just make sure to fix this issue going forward. Make sure in future expansions not to give warriors weapons that are as powerful as those rogues and mages get. Each class is supposed to be best at something. When the class with the highest armor and health also has equal damage to the other classes, then that is a problem.
Completely agree. And on your point about the amount of warriors with Maul and Glaive I am in agreement, the amount is astounding. Hooks were never THAT common but it seems a lot of warriors somehow got a hold of mauls (bundled with Sam eggs) and has turned pvp into a game of whichever side has the most warriors will usually win.

Day of winter update I joined a game on my rogue and we were all rogues 4 vs 4, we even commented on how fun it was without warriors.