Thread: Sorc class changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Sorc class changes

Hello fellow smurfs,

It has come to my attention that the sorc class lacks two main things. Those two things are:

A skill that boosts your crit chance and a heal that is worthy of the other classes.

When you compare the three classes heals, you'll notice that warriors and rogues heals have a "heal over time" and multiple heals that heal a significant percent of their health. Sorc's lack a decent heal at all. Now I'm not saying we should get a heal that lasts over time, because that would be quite overpowered if you ask me. My solution to this problem is decreasing the regen time to our heal. This would probably make it so our heal can compete with other classes heals. Now to address the main problem sorcs have. It's not the armor or even the amount of health, it's our serious lack of crit. You may be asking "why not increase our armor and hp?? We are so squishy,". We are indeed squishy, but we have one deadly trick that other classes don't. The mighty stunlock. This evens out our lack of hp and armor in my opinion.

The problem sorcs have, is we have to choose pets that give us increase in cries such as a ribbit. There's three options for a sorc to get the crit that we so desperately need which is Colton, samael, and ribbit. Those are basically the three choices a sorc has to increase their crit. Rogues and warriors though, have the luxury of increasing their crit with skills and pets. So why is it that sorc's rant able to do the same thing? We don't necessarily need a huge increase in crit, maybe something like 5-10 percent. One skill that should be increasing our crit % is lightening. Lightening is a sorc's aim shot basically. Problem is, we have two useless add-ons to lightening. These two are electrical discharge and shock. Out of the two though, electrical discharge has to be the weakest add on out of all those skills. It is probably NEVER used by sorcs that have been playing the game for a good amount of time and for good reason. It's basically useless in both PVE and PvP. The solution to this problem, replace it with something is sorcs need: crit %. I feel if we are able to get the crits that we need, it will balance out all three classes. This is just my opinion though and I'd love to hear your guys opinion on the topic.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Imjebus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imjebus:1410806
    Hello fellow smurfs,

It has come to my attention that the sorc class lacks two main things. Those two things are:

A skill that boosts your crit chance and a heal that is worthy of the other classes.

When you compare the three classes heals, you'll notice that warriors and rogues heals have a "heal over time" and multiple heals that heal a significant percent of their health. Sorc's lack a decent heal at all. Now I'm not saying we should get a heal that lasts over time, because that would be quite overpowered if you ask me. My solution to this problem is decreasing the regen time to our heal. This would probably make it so our heal can compete with other classes heals. Now to address the main problem sorcs have. It's not the armor or even the amount of health, it's our serious lack of crit. You may be asking "why not increase our armor and hp?? We are so squishy,". We are indeed squishy, but we have one deadly trick that other classes don't. The mighty stunlock. This evens out our lack of hp and armor in my opinion.

The problem sorcs have, is we have to choose pets that give us increase in cries such as a ribbit. There's three options for a sorc to get the crit that we so desperately need which is Colton, samael, and ribbit. Those are basically the three choices a sorc has to increase their crit. Rogues and warriors though, have the luxury of increasing their crit with skills and pets. So why is it that sorc's rant able to do the same thing? We don't necessarily need a huge increase in crit, maybe something like 5-10 percent. One skill that should be increasing our crit % is lightening. Lightening is a sorc's aim shot basically. Problem is, we have two useless add-ons to lightening. These two are electrical discharge and shock. Out of the two though, electrical discharge has to be the weakest add on out of all those skills. It is probably NEVER used by sorcs that have been playing the game for a good amount of time and for good reason. It's basically useless in both PVE and PvP. The solution to this problem, replace it with something is sorcs need: crit %. I feel if we are able to get the crits that we need, it will balance out all three classes. This is just my opinion though and I'd love to hear your guys opinion on the topic.
    true sorc need over time heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I notice mage have issues with multiple skills needed for both PVE and PVP our skills are only useful when we charge it, when we are charging sometime we are dead before casting the skill.

Shield and heal is always necessary for mage due to being squishy these already took 2 of the skills set needed out of 5 slots. For a PVP & PVE mage we need at least 5 skills to compliment each other (FB / Shield / light / heal / curse).

Lightning stun needs to be permanent as charge skill not by % chance i would think.
    Lightning discharge (AOE) % needs to be increase like 50% or more to be effective in PVE else it is not useful at all again.

Invulnerability shield needs to be increase to 3-5sec for survivability hopefully casting shield allows us to gain some armor.

Time shift if change to heal over time when cast will allow party members gain healing % during the skill cast and protect the caster will be great.
    Last edited by will0; 01-04-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah that would be nice with time shift like 1% heal each tick would do a lot to be honest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I play a rogue but yes I agree a 'heal over time for sorcs' will be quite nice for this class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

What i have in mind is...

Timeshift - in pve, this is one of the best CC a sorc can give but they remove the "root" so i think adding more debuff is needed.
    Suggestion: Adding minus armor debuff to players who walks under the timeshift skill.

Fireball - Scorch upgrade is simple unpleasant. There is no need to do -25hit % so you can dodge. Infact its even rare for someone to dodge

Suggesting:
    adding or replacing -25% hit to -crit(feeble, like what warrior has) Even though sorc lack crits but having a feeble
    To support the low HP, Armor, Dodge and crit it will might give a better chance.

Arctic Shatter(frost) - .The effect of this is greater than Crawly's "dodge-able" Arcane ability.
    You cannot move or do any attack, the same effect when you step the nordr ice on the ground does.
    honestly this is an OP skill and to tune it down, how about making everyone(team mates, opponents and caster) who steps
    Will be freeze. A skill that backfires to its caster and everyone else.

Change: changing to a 2/10 chance instead of the current " slain while frozen by the initial impact of frost has a 20%chance"

Lightning aoe - it always gives me smile whenever i able to do this. But again i dont think its happening in pvp never seen one.

Sorc is a beast class for controling mobs but they were tune down in pvp cos its too OP for other class.
    Last edited by Cero; 01-05-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Well why does mage heal suck? Answer: it has two completely useless upgrades: the health and mana regen. They're both good ideas but way too weak to consider using, especially the heal one. Increase those and then mage is much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Well why does mage heal suck? Answer: it has two completely useless upgrades: the health and mana regen. They're both good ideas but way too weak to consider using, especially the heal one. Increase those and then mage is much better.
    You have a good point. Neither of them are good for sorcs. Rogues and warriors always put 5/5 in their heal because it's WORTH IT. We put two in our heal max. Why is this? Because as you said, the two add ons are useless. Maybe sorc heal needs to be totally rethought by sts because they just got it completely wrong (no offense to them just constructive criticism xD)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

for me, I'd want:

- 25 second cool down on shield
    - a sure stun on charged lightning (just like in fireball)
    - 20% AoE lightning EVEN WITHOUT KILLING enemy by it.
    - 20% Ice patch on Ice bolt EVENT WITHOUT KILLING enemy by it.
    - A nerf on the initial heal, complimented by a major buff on HoT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post
    This I like we wouldn't be so squishy once our shield is out if out heal was more like warriors HoT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otb View Post

How much would you want to nerf it? The problem with this is it would stack with warriors heal and just be impossible to kill in PvP x.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If the devs are really going to consider this then, increase survivability by.....

- Merge Shield and heal skill with an increased mana regen rate because sorcerers have large pools of mana and adding a +5 regen is laughable when pets like Flap Jack and Haze have an +8 mana regen. BTW even with these pets mana regeneration rate for a mage is laughable. Also when mages increase in level the regen rate will remain even more useless. So make regen rate a %tage based on Intelligence and Hp.

- Mages need 3 attack skills otherwise they are simply under-powered and useless despite AoE. Hence the merging of the above skills.

- Allow rootskill in clock to effect bosses and pvp. The skill does not stop attacking it simply causes a character to be fixed in place and thus to take AoE damage which is more effective since this is the main focus of damage for a mage. It allows also the squishy mage more time to effectively recover, and should the mage try to cause damage to a rooted character, he simply comes within attacking range of a crit shot of a rogue or a axe throw. If the war has Jugger or the rogue has their shielded blade thingy then movement impairing effects are removed anyways so it is not an op skill to have for mage. For bosses Frostir crits can kill a warrior easy enough, Grimnr and Ina'nesh can pull chars towards them so rooting is not a bad idea to make possible. AoE damage is a joke on a warrior anyways. How does a mage survive Bael2 or Krunch? Make it fair. Mobs don't even drop sufficient gold to make only mob killing a very effective job.

- Like how Intel contributes a small way to Hp also allow it to increase dodge if you won't consider increasing criticals. This will again contribute in a small way to survivability. If killing mobs is what a mage does then why is it that when a mob is hit most of the mob will attack a mage who neither has dodge or sufficient armor and hp to withstand a few hits from a mob he is supposed to be specialized to kill? How does a squishy mage survive movement impairing effects when a rogue and War. have that ability even though they are not specialized in mob killing.

AoE ability of a mage to clear mobs = useless. Mobs don't drop nice rare items. And Wars and Rogues will kill mages long before enough of an AoE effect is seen to do enough if any damage.

Heres a question for you devs. If a warrior is a tank with high armor and high hp, why is his low dmg output sufficient enough to annihilate a mage in game? It should be expected that their damage should be slow enough that a mage still should be able to survive a little while at least.

Rogues are as squishy as mages but no one complains because they deal really high and fast damage that they don't have to wait as long as a mage to do effective damage. They also have dodge which does not make them hit as often.

Maybe leave things as they are and increase mages effective damage by allowing mages to have higher AoE damage which makes them competitive versus warriors.

Fix the sorcerer and make it a balanced char already. Its been a while now.
    Last edited by Striderevil; 01-07-2014 at 02:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I don't think necessarily put shield and heal together because you use shield in the beginning otherwise you are doomed. So it would basically be healing for no reason ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not if you stun first with FB, attack and then if needed put shield. Healing for mages is a joke. Many dont even use heal, its either shield or heal many end gamers just pot health or mana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah, I have a twink sorc and I don't use a heal at level 10 either. Kind of says a lot when both low level and end game don't even use the heal because it's just so worthless.