Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Shield

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Necro,

You've had 3 years to enjoy the shield. Isn't that enough time for an item to be exclusive and rare? AT&T only had so long with the iPhone being exclusive to their network. Eventually, all exclusivities end.

They have their reasons to give them out. Believe me, it's a darn good reason. Actually, it's awesome.

Lastly, take a look at the number of participants in the latest PL winter contest versus the number of participants in the latest AL winter contest. When comparing the amount of people, you can see where the interest is at. So, I don't think that they would spend the time making contests that generate the small level of interest.

In AL, almost the entire game was participating in the contests. In PL, it wasn't like that at all.

Good things come and go. I had a few months enjoying the PL shield being an OP L1 twink item. Eventually, when it nerf'd, was I upset? Heck yeah. However, it was for the better.

Now, if they are giving them out (according to Moderator 13's post), is it really a big deal? The reason why the criteria isn't widely/publicly told is because in the past, PL players have shown themselves abusing support. I doubt they want to give players the chance to do that again.

Of course, if PL players again choose to abuse support - I'm pretty sure that the developers will remove this shield as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: