Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:1417913
Hey guys,

You know that I love you all for your passion and enthusiasm for Pocket Legends.

I know that the below is probably "too long, didn't read" and that I won't make you happy because I won't promise a new expansion for Pocket Legends. Sorry.

The fact is we're not in this just for the money, just for a job. I think that very few are in gaming for the $$. Their are a lot more lucrative industries if money is what you are after. As for Spacetime, I can say with some authority that we're in it because it is our passion and we couldn't see ourselves doing anything else.

As for running a successful business, yeah, that is hard. If you don't know about that, well then don't throw stones, ok? Learn a bit about what it takes to run a business and then come back and let's chat, thanks We're a small shop, doing ok for now largely because of the hit that Arcane Legends is and our latest Battle games.

As for selling Pocket Legends, honestly, it's all theory, because honestly few would even be interested and like I said, we'd have to do a lot of work to make it something that is even sellable. Even if we could package it up where someone would want to buy it who wanted to aggressively develop it like you want it to be - why would we create a competitor for Arcane Legends?

As others in this thread have brought up, you should be thankful for the success of Arcane Legends and the Battle Games because without them (and the learning that we gained from Star and Dark) we wouldn't even have had Arcane. I know that we're talking about Pocket Legends right now, but really, Arcane is its spiritual successor. Pocket is a great game and thousands of people have fun with it every day. But going back to Arcane, 100's of thousands enjoy that game daily. The work and cost to make an expansion for PL is about the same (honestly, even more because of the state of it) than making an AL expansion. As a small shop (we're under 40 people folks - many of those are CS/QA/HR and not the people that make what you want) we just can't do everything.

Life is full of hard decisions. Every quarterly planning I ache personally at our inability to put together full on rockin' expansions for PL (and SL and DL). I know that people want them. But - we are for AL which is where the vast majority of our fans are and I feel great about the stuff that we are able to make. Arcane Legends winning accolades for 2013 is a big testament to what we are able to do. We plan to keep that momentum going for as long as we can.

As I started off, I love you guys for your dedication and passion for Pocket Legends. Thanks.

PS. Also, thanks for keeping the conversation friendly. We're people too and being mean about the hard choices we have make doesn't make a continuing conversation easy.
I actually read everything that you wrote, and honestly I understand where you're coming from with the whole 100's of thousand million hundred thousand players that play AL and all...but I'm sure you guys can work on something even if it's adding crafted sets and such to the existing cap in PL. I'm still a pretty active player, but I've moved on to almost strictly playing gaming consoles, and spending my money on that then PL. The only true thing about AL that IMO makes it even slightly better would be the graphics.