Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overpriced Mythic Weapons (Level 36)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    They need to have another mythic weekend. These weapons are over priced. I hope they introduce another double mythic weekend soon because it will help correct the price on these weapons. Instead of doing double chance on arcane & mythic eggs, they should have done a double chance on mythic weapons. At current prices these weapons are equivalent to buying an arcane egg. Sorry but that is over priced. Arcane eggs which are the best pets in the game aren't as expensive as some of these mythics. And with a pet they won't get obsoleted in the next expansion. So don't believe the hype, these weapons are over priced.
    Something is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Nothing is ever overpriced until people quit buying it. Supply and demand sets the price as it does with everything else in any economy.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    the thing that i don't like is u can only get mythic daggers or arcane pets by being a good merch (which I'm not). Even opening a ton of crates doesn't guarantee anything. I wish the more u played or farmed the more chance u had of getting one. I farm a lot but I'm never going to be able to afford a 30 million gold item by selling elite gold puzzle boxes for 70-100k a pop.
    I disagree with that. I'm a terrible merchant. Generally when I'm ready to sell something, I'm so desperate to get rid of it for fear of the price dropping that I sell it for cheaper than market price. I've never purchased plat from STS but I've spent probably around $50 or so on offers through trialpay and nativex for plat during the recent bonus events. $50 in the 6 months or so I've been playing I equate to pretty much nothing. I basically just hoarded plat using it only for reroll elixers and then spending it on tarlok runs during the winter event to farm for imbued gold chests. Between Tarlok and crate farming Jarl I've been able to purchase an Arcane Maul and all mythic gear. It requires a lot of mind-numbing farming but it can be done without ever spending a dime on the game or merching.

With no event going on crates typically settle in the 10k range. Running Jarl thousands and thousands of times I'd say you'll average somewhere between 10-15 crates per hour. So you'll average around 125k per hour selling your crates at 10k apiece. So every 8 hours you'll make a mil. If you can increase your inventory size and hoard them until an event you can make around double that if you sell at the right time. I farmed from helloween until winter event and held about 750 crates between 2 characters, and sold my crates for 18k each. I'm not saying its easy and that you can do it fast, but why would anyone want the best equipment in the game to be able to be obtained with just a few days of farming?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Overpriced Mythic Weapons (Level 36)

Quote Originally Posted by Sokpuppet View Post
    I disagree with that. I'm a terrible merchant. Generally when I'm ready to sell something, I'm so desperate to get rid of it for fear of the price dropping that I sell it for cheaper than market price. I've never purchased plat from STS but I've spent probably around $50 or so on offers through trialpay and nativex for plat during the recent bonus events. $50 in the 6 months or so I've been playing I equate to pretty much nothing. I basically just hoarded plat using it only for reroll elixers and then spending it on tarlok runs during the winter event to farm for imbued gold chests. Between Tarlok and crate farming Jarl I've been able to purchase an Arcane Maul and all mythic gear. It requires a lot of mind-numbing farming but it can be done without ever spending a dime on the game or merching.

With no event going on crates typically settle in the 10k range. Running Jarl thousands and thousands of times I'd say you'll average somewhere between 10-15 crates per hour. So you'll average around 125k per hour selling your crates at 10k apiece. So every 8 hours you'll make a mil. If you can increase your inventory size and hoard them until an event you can make around double that if you sell at the right time. I farmed from helloween until winter event and held about 750 crates between 2 characters, and sold my crates for 18k each. I'm not saying its easy and that you can do it fast, but why would anyone want the best equipment in the game to be able to be obtained with just a few days of farming?
    I am very very interested in how you can get 10 lock per hour...I farm lock for 10 hours per day and on average it's 1.5 per hour with lep or 4 with lep and luck

Don't mislead others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kixkaxx; 01-07-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sokpuppet.. u are so awesome!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

While I do agree something will only sell as high as people are willing to pay with these particular items the thing is people have no option really. There simply aren't enough on the market. If you want one that's the only price, it's more of a "if you want it and have the gold".

Not sure if my point came across but basically an item will always sell for what people are willing to pay but when there are no other sources for the service/item kinda seems like a monopoly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fauksuras For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    I am very very interested in how you can get 10 lock per hour...I farm lock for 10 hours per day and on average it's 1.5 per hour with lep or 4 with lep and luck

Don't mislead others

I haven't mislead anyone and EVERY single person that's done what I've told them has experienced the same results from farming. Each run should take you about 30 seconds if you've got a pet with a speed bonus equipped. 120 runs per hour. You're saying that you only get 4 per hour with lep and reroll elixer. So 1 crate for every 30 runs?! That's ridiculous. If that's the numbers you've attained so far then you haven't done enough runs to get a clear result. I have guildies doing these runs every day, some making a mil every 2 or 3 days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I haven't mislead anyone and EVERY single person that's done what I've told them has experienced the same results from farming. Each run should take you about 30 seconds if you've got a pet with a speed bonus equipped. 120 runs per hour. You're saying that you only get 4 per hour with lep and reroll elixer. So 1 crate for every 30 runs?! That's ridiculous. If that's the numbers you've attained so far then you haven't done enough runs to get a clear result. I have guildies doing these runs every day, some making a mil every 2 or 3 days.
    1 lock per 20 run...most time you reloot you can not get a lock, besides that, you have to rest and you have to empty the inventory slot

what you do is just doing the calculation, I strongly doubt anyone can keep doing 1 run in 30sec for 10 hours

For me I have got 3m pve kills from farming lock in km3, and most of time I farm lock at jarl. I can confirm my words

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    1 lock per 20 run...most time you reloot you can not get a lock, besides that, you have to rest and you have to empty the inventory slot

what you do is just doing the calculation, I strongly doubt anyone can keep doing 1 run in 30sec for 10 hours

For me I have got 3m pve kills from farming lock in km3, and most of time I farm lock at jarl. I can confirm my words

I never farm km3 for lockeds, always Jarl. And I never said I farm for 10 hours straight. I can easily maintain my rate over an hour or two at a time. And since there is only one person in the game with 3m tracked pve kills I'm going to assume that you're not that person. Therefore your word really means nothing to me since you lied. If you don't want to try it, feel free not to, but I will continue to farm lockeds for profit either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Overpriced Mythic Weapons (Level 36)

I never farm km3 for lockeds, always Jarl. And I never said I farm for 10 hours straight. I can easily maintain my rate over an hour or two at a time. And since there is only one person in the game with 3m tracked pve kills I'm going to assume that you're not that person. Therefore your word really means nothing to me since you lied. If you don't want to try it, feel free not to, but I will continue to farm lockeds for profit either way.

Well, you can Pm that one in game and see who is a lier

If you can make 40m from farming lock, you can spend the same amount of time get 5m pve kill in km3

Last edited by kixkaxx; 01-07-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

STS should make a standard list for every item thats my point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I could understand getting a few milions from farming locked but c'mon...even being able to buy an arcane item just from farming locked it's not realistic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    I could understand getting a few milions from farming locked but c'mon...even being able to buy an arcane item just from farming locked it's not realistic...
    i'm a lock farmer and i believe i farmed around 1,400 locks after the first mythic weapon weekend event, sold some 200 pcs. before winter event and decided to sell around 500 pcs during the double odds that started on jan. 3 which i used to buy a glacian egg. it's not far from being realistic but what's far from reality is that sokpuppet can farm an "AVERAGE" of 10-15 crates in an hour doing jarl is absurd. i set my goal in farming locks in jarl with elix+lep by having a lock once in 15 min. so 4 in an hour is about my average but sometimes when i get LUCKY once in a while, i got around 8-10 in an hour or 4-5 in 30 min.
    Last edited by fritzce; 01-08-2014 at 05:28 AM. Reason: wording

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Guys, remember, the haloween event lasted what, 10 days or something? That's the equivalent of 3+ weekends, at 3 full days per weekend, normally Friday afternoon until Monday afternoon. So in reality we've had the equivalent of 4+ "mythic weapon weekends". If this has already been said forgive me, i didn't read entire thread.

I do agree regardless of how much time we have had we need at least one more mythic weapon weekend this season. I have no idea if the haloween droprates were the same as normal weapons, but it seemed to be at the very least very close.

Just keep hoping.
    I smell bacon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Something is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Nothing is ever overpriced until people quit buying it. Supply and demand sets the price as it does with everything else in any economy.
    I kind of agree with this, but the price atm -feels- to high. Arcane pets are much more common than arcane weapons, and mythic weapons are much more common than arcane eggs. So in theory, mythic weapons should be cheaper. But Irena free market. Free markets have more expensive cat litter than PlayStations at times, from what I understand. Its ALL supply and demand, and what people are willing to pay.
    I smell bacon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Well I only run Jarl when I get reroll elix (and Lepre) and I'm happy to get 2 locked in 30 minutes. I wonder how you get so many.

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    Omg triple post...yea I suck at life.
    When you edit a post, there's an option to delete it... I think.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

imo, people disregard the halloween mythic weapon because of it's appearances, they might want the original apearance of the newly released mythic weapons. man, that was more than two weeks event but the market don't have that much mythic halloween weapons in circulation.. imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

hory effin' bs, some merch is selling original myth daggers with full normal gems at 32m.. that's ridiculous, i'd rather make a warr and squeeze every penny of me to buy arcane maul.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

The higher they climb, the harder they will fall.

Anyhow, we did not experience a shortage in l31 mythic weapons.
    There was always a mythic bow in auction, and if I recall correctly, they never went past 10m, what we are experiencing was probably not expected by StS and hopefully they will do another event soon to suffice the demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

OMG sokpuppet your lucky seems blessed by sts... awarage 10-15 locked per hour waow... i accept sametimes 30 min reroll can be 5-6 locked ( wery wery rare ).. but sametimes to 1 hour combo overing with 0 locked ( its rare to )..

my awarage locled crates 30 min reroll + lepre is 3 locked in bracken " my run awarage like 35 second ".. as i said rare to 4-5-6 but rare to 0 to.. on awarage is 30 min reroll + lepre = 3 locked on a fast bracken farm..

maybe my reroll / combo / halowen lepre not original

also your words seems to me you geting 10-15 lock in per hour without reroll elixir, just lepre ( my english not wery well maybe you mean it with reroll + lepre )... soo far from me my reroll + lepre awarage 3 lol..
    Last edited by VenomsChaos; 01-09-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carloanddar View Post
    I do agree that Mythic Daggers is the best weapon right now for rogues and yes rogues got the first chance to have their arcane weapons but do you guys think that the arcane weapons have equal use right now? I'm sure all you will agree that it's not. Again, comparing an arcane weapon to a mythic weapon as all of you guys know, arcane weapon should cost a lot more right more? So with that being said, if sts won't give their players another chance to get lvl 36 Mythic Weapons from locked crates or EGP, why wouldn't they raise the stats of rogue's arcane weapons so it won't cost a lot cheaper than a Mythic Weapons. I do believe that it's called an Arcane Weapon since it's supposed to be better than any other Mythic Weapons.
    First of all if u play pvp youll know how powerfull the mythic daggers are, they can take down a mauler or anrcane staff user, believe me they can. Second, i believe next season sts will realese new arcane weapon for rouge which will obviously own the market and maul will be just like hooks now, the season after a new arcane for warrior, and on and on. So be patient sts love to surprise us and so far we loving thier surprises, its what keeping the game alive.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoom7 For This Useful Post: