Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A possible solution to PL Players (Free Characters)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Again, that's just a personal opinion. Like for any controversial idea, there's always going to be downfalls, but personally I don't see how a free L35 character could possibly be a bad thing other than people not knowing how to use the character correctly. And in my opinion, that issue is avoidable because there's many guides on how to elite farm different campaign maps.
    Agreed with the time invested...but why only PL..how about SL and DL players that have equally shown there patronage towards STG. Some problems are people who already in AL and spent there money...do they get a free lv35 also? I would love to get a free lv 35..but as I have seen many who have made there transitions from other games run into a small problem...there is usually plat left in those accounts..will they transfer? can they be reimbursed in in-game gold? or can they have an exclusive pet?. Most likely the plat will stay in the game it was purchased for. But as I said I would support this idea, it would be nice to bring members to "PL 2.0" but I can see it now many people who will get mad because of the prerequisites.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I'd say 2 years is more fitting. People already get a vanity set for 6 months.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I did get a free 65 in PL. And that actually brought me back from a PL break. I used that toon to check out the new maps, then levelled up my "real" chars. That free toon is still a 66 1/2, I never used it again because it just wasn't my toon. And it wasn't the free character that made me stay for the next cap and on, it was that stg showed that they care about their customers - despite what so many forum posts say now.

Based on that I'd change the suggestion a bit: How about a "test drive", get a level 35 AL toon with decent gear for 10 playing hours to see what it is like.

I have tried AL, levelled two chars to 16ish. Despite loving levelling up toons in PL I did hate it AL. If I got the chance to experience how it is at end game would possibly give me the motivation to get my toons to 35/36.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skillless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

It's a nice idea. I tried AL and play every now and then but the leveling is so boring and the bosses can take an extremely long time to kill, especially when you're not a very high level.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I honestly dont understand how this is a solution for PL. I thought that everyone who dislikes AL is still playing PL, but nooo... You want to steal more players from us, Zeus?

Its a great idea for forcing PL players to go play AL though, Ill have to admit that.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    I honestly dont understand how this is a solution for PL. I thought that everyone who dislikes AL is still playing PL, but nooo... You want to steal more players from us, Zeus?

Its a great idea for forcing PL players to go play AL though, Ill have to admit that.
    Even if I did use al because of this I still wouldn't leave PL and would still rarely use al.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

but then dem 0 kill + gearless 35s.
    OG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post

This addresses the issue to those who want to try out AL to see if they like it but do not want to feel like they have to start from the very very bottom.

It doesn't force anyone who still wants to stick with PL to stop playing PL.

Can I ask how you came to the conclusion that it would be forcing players? It merely provides an easier pathway.

@Hero
    That happened before in Humania, which is why angel sets were released in correspondence to the free L65 characters given. The only difference was that you didn't have to spend $500 dollars to get an Angel set. Trust me, elites will sort out that KDR.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    Hmm a Pl veteran can be Lvl 35 in AL without doing nothing while others have to level up their own to 35, interesting
    They offered this service in PL, but most PL players have capped 2-3x more exp than any AL player ever could & that's just counting on one character.

For them to level in the 70s is like 7k exp per level. On top of that, they have a 100k exp cap to grind for.

@ Rot
    PL was able to deal with it. The thing is, if you're going to want to run map - you WILL learn. There are many L35-36 players I see that do not know what they're doing, but in a week or two when I check back - they are running along quite smoothly.

@ Miracle
    Yes, but the actual definition of veteran isn't applied here. It's based on the Centurion rewards. 6 months of time invested in a game only to find out that it's a nonupdated game is quite a blow it is not.

This solution has already been implemented once in PL and it was rather successful. I don't see why it can't happen again.

If I remember correctly, STG also hooked up those L65 characters with angel sets. They could do a similar move in AL, as Rot suggested.
    True BUT pl also had enable xp elixir which allowed them to run mega maze or hidden passage without thrasher for insane xp, so getting to 76 was easy, I know people getting from 75-76 took them 1-2 days, unlike AL which we has to run shuyal which was kinda hard for an average party to run, and watcher tombs only gave 1xp per kill which wasn't much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Int View Post
    True BUT pl also had enable xp elixir which allowed them to run mega maze or hidden passage without thrasher for insane xp, so getting to 76 was easy, I know people getting from 75-76 took them 1-2 days, unlike AL which we has to run shuyal which was kinda hard for an average party to run, and watcher tombs only gave 1xp per kill which wasn't much
    What about for Sewers cap? Nuri's cap? Fang cap? None of that existed until the very end of Mt. Fang.

Also, that method required A LOT of platinum, so it was limited to only those who had that much platinum. I know a lot of people who grinded their way in the actual campaign maps.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Even if your intent is to renew interest in pl players to easily try out al as any sort of act of appreciation, then I would rather that effort put into improving any number of things in pl.
    Devs say they would love to do something for us here, and I would love that.

I don't think pl players with 76 levels are really all that put off by 36.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot:1419321
    I partly agree because leveling in AL is boring without friends

I also disagree because if players get free leveling in AL they probably won't understand the mechanics of the game, hence resulting in Warriors not tanking, Mages not using the right skills and Rogues dying all the time
    the rogue who dies all the time is me BTW, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

@Hero
    That happened before in Humania, which is why angel sets were released in correspondence to the free L65 characters given. The only difference was that you didn't have to spend $500 dollars to get an Angel set. Trust me, elites will sort out that KDR.
    Just one thing. PL players who spent 500$+dollars already played PL before. Most of us never got gear in AL. To me this just seems like a way to attract PL players to AL and most of us know that AL is pretty much a Pay2Win game... Looks like you're trying to get us to spend more money on a game most of us hate on 24/7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheenivie View Post
    @Hero
    Just one thing. PL players who spent 500$+dollars already played PL before. Most of us never got gear in AL. To me this just seems like a way to attract PL players to AL and most of us know that AL is pretty much a Pay2Win game... Looks like you're trying to get us to spend more money on a game most of us hate on 24/7.
    That is true
    @apollo, if PL players were given motivation to play AL if sts gave them Lvl 35 chars then Pl would just have less players and it would suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Hhhmmm
    Al has more players now.
    More players means more revenue for stg.
    More $ = developments and updates.....

I suggest the opposite of your suggestion;
    Allow al players an incentive to play pl.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'm very for this idea. I hate the leveling in AL and don't have quite the time, but if I could experience end game with a character I could possibly be a lot happier as a forumer and contribute more there and in PL.

I remember when they did this for PL... kept me hooked up.

Good idea Zeus, I'm all for it.

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Parth. Should I try al? How's the pvp.

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lets make the veteran requirements 2 years plz..not 6 months, thats like nothing
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEOKILLO View Post
    Lets make the veteran requirements 2 years plz..not 6 months, thats like nothing
    But what about those people who have played since 2010/2011, but lost there acc somehow? A lot of really good players wouldn't get it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

honestly AL is just missing the charm of PL
    AL doesn't even have a real support class which is why I dislike it as an mmo, it seems like a 100% pvp game which is not bad just not my preference
    I fall in love with games for their pve/adventure aspect, I will gladly participate and love the pvp but that's not how I choose what I play.