Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pls only allow boot in password protected games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Host your own game.. invite your friends, problem solved

Have a blacklist of un-friendly players who boot you for no good reason and well avoid joining their games

This is a MMO with real players, which means you will meet players who are mean.. this is just how the real world is.. just because its a game, does not make the mean any less mean...

Peace and enjoy the game don't let these people affect your game play have fun, make friends and be merry!
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Your best asset is your friends list, but it takes time to build up. You'll want enough friends for maybe 2 pages to be active at any one time. Obviously the more online friends the better. However, you do NOT want to just run around friending everyone. That's how you end up with mean people or horrible players on your list, i.e. a friends list that doesn't help you. You don't have to reject right away but you really only want to add friends after you've played with them a bit.

While you're building up your list, you will have to tolerate pick up games. PUGs are not bad; just iffier than joining friends is all. Of course, once you get a good list going, you'll find that sometimes, your friends are in the pick up games. Also, you'll need to do PUGs periodically as old friends quite/go inactive/you change your login times, etc.

Take a deep breath, calm down. People are nice; it just takes a bit of playing to find them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My opinion:

Noobs are trying so they get a advantage.
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pointless! Of course you should be given the possibility to boot! And everybody should understand that Full does also mean that even though there are spotted left, a certain class is not needed, that is why the reason Full is given.

I personally, being a leader tank, cannot and will not play with another tank in my team, not necessarily for the lack of dps (which alone is a great reason), but because I hate when becon and stomps get counter timed. I always host my games. So don't take it personally when the "full sry" msg appears.

A good example is a tank I booted yesterday with the full sry msg, he msg me back saying he was eliptic, an experienced guy whose help I asked back in the days. He played another toon. Of course I appologized, saying I did not know that and added him on my FL and asking to join. Well we played a run, and BOTH agree that 2 bears is not working "that well" - actually it took way too much time (no dps). He changed to a bird and everyone was happy.

Another thing I suggest, make your own game, and set it up the way you please, if you end up with no players in a given amount of time, you should reconsider your friend list or/and playing skills, and accept to get in mediocre teams.

I always give anyone a chance (even if low geared), but when keeper does not fall at least after 1 shild up (even then I waste too much time), I know someone is not playing its role well and I try to find it out and explain.

What devs should do is however, put a restriction for non 50 characters to join farming dungeons like, at least, VL. Unless you're 50, joining a group in there is definitely leeching.

As skilled as one can be, as someone else pointed earlier, there is a HUGE difference between 49 and 50 in regards of armor and weapons, set, etc, therefore a 49/48 is definitely a set-back (unless it s a friend and he s mutually tolerated by the team a few rounds).

NO ONE wants to spend 20 mins in a VL run and no one wants a fail when potted up at ol expecially.
    Last edited by ciss; 12-12-2010 at 05:09 AM.
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with booting the booting. If you want a private game, lock it. I am sick of being booted before I even appear, without anyone saying anything to me. I have never been booted once a game starts because I participate. If there was a way to limit the entry to a minimum level, it could save a lot of problems.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've brought up the min lvl thing before - as have others I'm sure. If the host could set limitations on level it would greatly reduce the number of bootings.

I absolutely hate being booted without a reason - if anyone boots me for "." or a random letter, they go on my block list. If you're full that's fine, but type that as a reason. If you need a different class, say so. I have all three classes at lvl 50, with good gear, I could just hop on any of them.

Maybe when the host is booting they should be given some canned messages to choose from, so they don't have to type it out. At least that would be better than being booted because of "random letter"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How bout a boot voting system for people that abuse the game in an instance? All players in the group must vote "yes" to a boot. Simple and effective.

Or just get rid of the boot option completely.

I myself have falling victim to a "Sorry" boot. I hate it. It's rude and takes away from the communal feel of the game.

Make a private game if you want to control your playing experience. Don't screw it up for the casual players that may want to join.
    Last edited by screamer; 12-12-2010 at 02:37 PM.