Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A possible solution to PL Players (Free Characters)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonthan:1421388
    Pocket legends 2 or version 2.0 has been addressed already by samhayne. Essentially, that's what Arcane is, PL2.

An introductory character into AL is a good idea and I would support it. However, I think most of the people that are going to make a switch from PL to Arcane have already done so. I loaded arcane the day it came out, played and have since left pl for 2 months and devoted my plat to arcane. Arcane doesn't hold me like PL does. I'm not a fan of locked cameras and not being able to interchange gear between classes. Also, I come from the early days of WOW, Everquest, and Asherons Call. I am used to paying per month. I understand this is just gaming in general and not just spacetime. However, in PL I can buy a stack of plat and know how long it will last me, not the case in arcane. After evaluating how much plat I was spending in al vs pl and the enjoyment I got out of the game and then projected out how much money I was going to invest in game(the gems did me in)only to have it possibly reach the same fate as pl in 2 or 3 years I made the switch back to forest haven. Here I will countinue to grow my small army of pocket warriors and enjoy the company of my dwindling friends, but when the day comes to find another game I will check the App Store before purchasing my 1700 plat in arcane. I hope this doesn't come across as a rant, but instead as the perspective of a consumer.

Huge thanks to Spacetime for giving me a place to smite dragons and get all excited over a +2 armor. I have and still enjoy these games greatly
    Well yeah i dowloaded the game and unistalled because i got borred of wasting time on another game and went back playing PL. I think if id get a chracter I would at least try it out.
    Characters:
    Deadfarmers Level 76 Mage Deadsoldiers Level 36 Bear Deadfighters Level 15 Twink Deadmerchant Level 33 Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    You can actually get a gear set in AL for under 20k. However, if you want the best gear, it'll cost you a good 10m+. Fortunately, the 2nd best gear in the game only costs around 1m at max. However, I do think that STG should give a decent gear set that does not destroy the prices of the 1st or 2nd best gear in the game. Just one that is good enough to run elites in.

Playing AL for free is actually very manageable. Infact, imo, it's more manageable than playing PL for free. Heck, they've even made AH and Inventory slots purchasable for free through Daily Bard quests. You just have to put in the time for it.

If your idea of getting rich in that game is through gambling away in locked crates, be my guest. However, from my 20k plat I've spent gambling in there, let me tell you that I have not earned one good mythic or arcane item. So - gambling is not a way to get rich in that game unless you're very lucky. There are people that open 500+ crates just to open an arcane item.

Just like PL, if you want to get your gold, you will have to farm and or merch. The only reason why it seems harder is because AL is not pampered with super high inflation rates due to the vast amount of gold sinks in that game (mainly AH listing fees & potion fees). Of course, if you want it easy then PL might be your thing.
    That helps a bit. Maybe allow the Veterans to receive a lvl 35 Character + 50k. Or as you said, STS should give a decent gear set. Maybe make it untradeable like the Angelic Sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Wait can I ask question? So what will happen, does this happen when sts shut PL's down? or they do this whenever even if PL is still up..?
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    Wait can I ask question? So what will happen, does this happen when sts shut PL's down? or they do this whenever even if PL is still up..?
    That's actually an interesting point. Should STS ever decide to shut down PL this is a MUST for us players... in fact I would think we deserve more than just decent gear + money...

But I'm getting a little carried away, I seriously doubt STS would shut down PL and I hope they would never. But I think the Zeus was talking about doing this even if it isn't shut down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    That's actually an interesting point. Should STS ever decide to shut down PL this is a MUST for us players... in fact I would think we deserve more than just decent gear + money...

But I'm getting a little carried away, I seriously doubt STS would shut down PL and I hope they would never. But I think the Zeus was talking about doing this even if it isn't shut down.
    Thought so, when they give us a clear indication that they cannot do another expansion in PL, but the usual events like christmas etc.. thats when this idea comes into action.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yup, as someone put it... there should be a pathway made for players of existing legends games to test out other legend games without starting completely over. I've started over in SL & AL. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun. Getting the gear and learning the game all over again is a challenge enough, IMO.

So, we could edit this idea to be available for all games. Capped AL players could have a chance to try out PL, SL, DL and vice versa.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yup, as someone put it... there should be a pathway made for players of existing legends games to test out other legend games without starting completely over. I've started over in SL & AL. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun. Getting the gear and learning the game all over again is a challenge enough, IMO.

So, we could edit this idea to be available for all games. Capped AL players could have a chance to try out PL, SL, DL and vice versa.
    Hmm that's an interest concept. I'm all up for it, and the only reason I would like a system like this is solely because STS' strategy involves creating more and more games. And for customers that are well aware of this... well, I think we know how a large amount of PL community feels. This is most definitely a viable "solution".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Hmm that's an interest concept. I'm all up for it, and the only reason I would like a system like this is solely because STS' strategy involves creating more and more games. And for customers that are well aware of this... well, I think we know how a large amount of PL community feels. This is most definitely a viable "solution".
    This would be awesome for everyone.
    No one will be left out, and there shudnt be much complains about sts leaving one game for another.

Sounds like a possible win win situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Pay attention to the time of the last post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

But the players that are jumped to level 35 won't know that opening chests can affect my drops
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Also, (double post, go ahead and ask me if I care) another solution. Just release another Pl which is 100% the same, except, wait for it...

Lvl 56 cap client. Surely that's still saved somewhere in the STS regions of texas or in the magical cloud of storages.
    Advatages of 56 cap client:
    Putting on a strength set doesn't make you a good pvp player
    Old players will play for nostalgia
    New players can experience PL in its prime
    Probably more I can't be bothered thinking.

Disadvantages:
    Levelling up again
    Nothing else
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shonex View Post
    Pay attention to the time of the last post.
    Necro'd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zetris View Post
    Necro'd
    Wow, nice! You deleted your post, how amusing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Also, (double post, go ahead and ask me if I care) another solution. Just release another Pl which is 100% the same, except, wait for it...

Lvl 56 cap client. Surely that's still saved somewhere in the STS regions of texas or in the magical cloud of storages.
    Advatages of 56 cap client:
    Putting on a strength set doesn't make you a good pvp player
    Old players will play for nostalgia
    New players can experience PL in its prime
    Probably more I can't be bothered thinking.

Disadvantages:
    Levelling up again
    Nothing else
    That would be neat but consider a few things, Matud:

-It would be tricky sending all the players to Pocket Legends '2' because although players would appreciate the balanced stats, players wouldn't want to give up their time invested in their current gear, gold, and especially stats (for those that care).
    -remaking a new game can easily cause fraud in both usernames and guild names. For usernames, they'd have to charge players plat to reserve a name strictly from PL --> but imagine the players that don't. Name frauds and false identities can really hurt the reputation of someone and cause a ton amount of drama. Heck, I'd want to steal the name Sonic or something, but that's taken.
    -Even though this seems like a basic concept of programming, it's more than it seems. To reprogram a game back to "the past" (in this case, back to the 56 cap) would still takes lot of time and money on STG's part... so I really couldn't seem them doing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

That would be neat but consider a few things, Matud:

-It would be tricky sending all the players to Pocket Legends '2' because although players would appreciate the balanced stats, players wouldn't want to give up their time invested in their current gear, gold, and especially stats (for those that care).
    -remaking a new game can easily cause fraud in both usernames and guild names. For usernames, they'd have to charge players plat to reserve a name strictly from PL --> but imagine the players that don't. Name frauds and false identities can really hurt the reputation of someone and cause a ton amount of drama. Heck, I'd want to steal the name Sonic or something, but that's taken.
    -Even though this seems like a basic concept of programming, it's more than it seems. To reprogram a game back to "the past" (in this case, back to the 56 cap) would still takes lot of time and money on STG's part... so I really couldn't seem them doing that.
    Well players could just play both if they wanted, or make the 56 cap a different server in the same app, just as fnord was.
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't guilds introduced during nuris at 61 cap? And about the player name situation, it can be bad, but other mmos have different servers, and your name is only your name on a single server, and people on other servers can take the exact same name. It will only take a few weeks or so before we all know who is who

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Make a new client exactly, available for download apk so that it doesn't cost a ton to put on the appstore. Call it pl 2, and put the reserve a name button a few months before release. Also maybe fix up the graphics a bit and what not lol. Cool idea.

I think Matutd, that the confusion could be solved simply by making a big thread where players can post who they actually are or something.

Also, the sewers Pl version was 1.7.1-1.7.3 idk but it would be great if they re realesed that client for download lol.
    Last edited by Argyros; 03-05-2014 at 10:58 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    Make a new client exactly, available for download apk so that it doesn't cost a ton to put on the appstore. Call it pl 2, and put the reserve a name button a few months before release. Also maybe fix up the graphics a bit and what not lol. Cool idea.

I think Matutd, that the confusion could be solved simply by making a big thread where players can post who they actually are or something.

Also, the sewers Pl version was 1.7.1-1.7.3 idk but it would be great if they re realesed that client for download lol.
    Lmfao making another client or whatever you mean "pl 2" just for the droid store, is a dumb idea, no offence. And also re releasing sewers JUST for droids, am I wrong? Sorry if I am but a silly idea IMO
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Lmfao making another client or whatever you mean "pl 2" just for the droid store, is a dumb idea, no offence. And also re releasing sewers JUST for droids, am I wrong? Sorry if I am but a silly idea IMO
    >.< No... Sts could release for download off the chrome store, download via apk for all android, and/or apple appstore if they wanted to spend the money.

Yes your wrong, and it is a legit idea if sts saved the 1.7.1 Pl client somewhere. Kthxbai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    >.< No... Sts could release for download off the chrome store, download via apk for all android, and/or apple appstore if they wanted to spend the money.

Yes your wrong, and it is a legit idea if sts saved the 1.7.1 Pl client somewhere. Kthxbai
    I heard they delete all clients, not sure I heard it is to save memory in their system or whatever idk, maybe I'm wrong

If they could get it on the App Store which 50% of the players use then yes I support it.. Other whys chrome sucks balls everyone hates it on there anyways, it was taken of ages ago also!
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

I heard they delete all clients, not sure I heard it is to save memory in their system or whatever idk, maybe I'm wrong

If they could get it on the App Store which 50% of the players use then yes I support it.. Other whys chrome sucks balls everyone hates it on there anyways, it was taken of ages ago also!
    I rly dislike chrome aswell. I actually have not seen a post where they say that they delete the clients. I could look harder I guess. To my knowledge it costs sts to put an app up on the appstore monthly, but on android it could be downloaded free. That's my reasoning.