Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

After all the drama and all the ideas, i hope sts will come up to something that will both benefits sts with their financial needs and, players boredom and moneys worth.

Pvp balance and Elite rings.

Thank you and Good day everyone!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I think it's a good sign that Sam got promoted to developer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    RIP Arrie
    RIP Arrie? what happened to Arrie?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    RIP Arrie? what happened to Arrie?
    Have you seen her lately?

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Has STG looked into doing a rerelease of PL on new game engine with better graphics and maybe an expansion with the possibility of combining with the new phone controller tech like bladepad that will be releasing this year? They can sponsor their games on their controllers for all their games.
    AvidLegend - lvl 76 True Legend, Scavengerhunt- lvl 76 Elite Rhino, AvidTank - lvl 76 SpankTank
    *​I'm an Avid Player of Pocket Legends*

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Have you seen her lately?
    Airrie*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Sam may you say why subscriptions or ranks are a bad idea just wondering what's the problem with em.
    Last edited by lakersrockftw; 01-17-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakersrockftw View Post
    Sam may you say why subscriptions or ranks are a bad idea just wondering what's the problem with em.
    From my point of view they will lose players, one of the best reason pl is such a big hit its free, and big money to spend to make this happen,

If they will do this and they have the money id suggest pay for new content/81 cap others who didnt pay wont be able to enter/play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing only since 2013 and love this game and the people in it so I think I'm relatively new compared to others. It has been very addictive and I go on it every day talking to people I've met. I appreciate the honesty in this email but also very disappointing in the sense that there will be no new cap and no guarantee of any new content. I purchased 2000 plat. on the last sale to get ready for 2014 cap. Basically you are not investing any significant funds to improve the game so you should offer people the option to transfer their plat to other games. Maybe battle dragon or arcane legend. Do something! Bring back the black dragon armor or increase the drop rate. If the people that are playing are the diehard fans then give us something to do. I started in 2013 and have three capped toons but I will never get another elite ring? What is the motivation to play this game any further. I appreciate your honesty because I don't see any sense in buying any more plat because what are we going to use it for? You cant get the rare items and people sell it for crazy amounts. Give me a reason why I spent 2000 plat if there are no new content, items, or quests etcc.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

How about starting a project on Kickstarter.com?

If Kickstarter could fund a movie (Veronica Mars), I'm sure you guys could get enough funding to create an expansion for Pocket Legends. I would definitely back the project, and I'm sure many others will too.

I've been playing this game for about 2 years, and I am really hoping for a comeback. I really hope that STS will consider some of these ideas and suggestions.

Nevertheless, thank you for letting us know "why" you didn't make a new expansion. But like all other PL players, I hope to see a post on "how" and "when" your team plans to add new content/create an expansion. If My Little Pony can make a comeback, I'm pretty sure PL can too!
    Last edited by Smilingdaisy; 01-17-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingdaisy View Post

If Kickstarter could fund a movie (Veronica Mars), I'm sure you guys could get enough funding to create an expansion for Pocket Legends. I would definitely back the project, and I'm sure many others will too.

I've been playing this game for about 2 years, and I am really hoping for a comeback. I really hope that STS will consider some of these ideas and suggestions.

Nevertheless, thank you for letting us know "why" you didn't make a new expansion. But like all other PL players, I hope to see a post on "how" and "when" your team plans to add new content/create an expansion. If My Little Pony can make a comeback, I'm pretty sure PL can too!
    It allllll depends right now and need to see what happens
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingdaisy View Post

Kickstarter is to help people who are excited and eager to launch a new product, etc. and people willing to help them. I think the message is clear that STG is focused on working on AL. If they had more money, they would just work MORE on AL, not PL. Better to fund a kicistarter for a company owned by PL Players who want to buy PL from STG and develop it. Then again, STG has also said they would sell PL because it would compete with AL.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

I read but didn't understand much (First Language is French)
    So will we be expecting a 81 level for 2014?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctf View Post
    I read but didn't understand much (First Language is French)
    So will we be expecting a 81 level for 2014?
    Lol no...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Lol no...
    "NON"!!!
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Try to stay optimistic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hey guys, some of you probably know me as I was a regular player of PL during 2012 and you probably often saw me hanging out in Balefort merching....

Anyway, like many of you I felt I had invested so much time and effort in PL, the last thing I wanted to do was switch to a different game. I had managed to obtain all 5 dragon sets on my level 76 bear (this is when those dragon sets were worth 10m+ each). I had saved up a gold cap, and also had other very desirable sets such as a demonic mace set.

So when many of my buddies started moving over to AL and they encouraged me to go, I refused. That lasted all of about a month, and then last December I finally gave in and decided to try AL, so for about 3 months I kept playing both games. I still hoped everyone would come back to PL, but that never happened. And like many of them, I gradually started to prefer AL. Even with all the time spent and invested in PL, AL was such a better game that I gradually stopped playing PL. To this day I still have all of those items mentioned above, and also have 2000+ plat in PL which STS will not allow me to transfer over to AL. I haven't signed onto PL in more than 6 months.

Trust me when I tell you that AL is ten times the game that PL is. Yes, AL seems more complicated, but it is not. You are just used to PL and so any other game is going to seem complicated. But PL was also complicated the first time you played it. But you managed to learn over time. And yes, I agree that it is tough to go to a new game and start all over from scratch. But trust me when I tell you that you will be happy you did.

The first thing that will take getting used to is not being able to change screen orientation. That took me about 2 weeks to get used to and after that I simply forgot about it. The last time I signed onto PL it seemed so strange having to change the screen view. So you will get used to that part rather quickly.

As far as the skills and stats, and gear, there is way more flexibility in AL than in PL. In PL every player of the same class has the same skills, pretty much the same build, and usually the same gear as there is only really one good gear set for each level cap. In AL there are 8 skills for each class, and each player can only choose 4 making dozens of combinations. And each skill has the base skill plus 4 upgrades, so even 2 players with the exact same skill set most likely choose different upgrades for their skills, making the skills work differently. There are lots of different gear sets for each level cap, so way more variety. There are no "sets" with a set bonus, so you can mix and match to create your own combination. And then there are gems you can add to your gear to upgrade them to have better stats, and there are 6 different types of gems which add different stats to gear, meaning that even 2 players with the same exact gear and skill build may have different gems on their gear making them different.

The result is tons of variety and a game where your build is really something you work on to perfect, instead of just doing the same build as everyone else and using the same exact gear as everyone else. PvP is way way way better than in PL. I can't stress this enough. The main reason is because of all the variety of builds, but also because the game mechanics for battle are just better. After playing AL for a few months, I went back to PL and tried PvP, and it was a joke. I felt like my toon was sliding on ice in PL. AL is more realistic in terms of battle. Your character is more planted, and doesn't go sliding across the screen like he's on skates.

The other big draw from AL that I love is the leaderboards. In PL there are stat leaderboards, but nobody pays any attention to them. In AL the leaderboards are huge. They are posted in every town for everyone to see, and at the end of each expansion season, they award unique vanity banners to all players in the top 25 in each category (the banners are different depending on the leaderboard category, and they say the number of the season on them). I'm proud to say I've earned 5 banners in the first 4 seasons, and I will probably manage a couple more at the end of the current season. Pretty good when you consider that tens of thousands of players play this game regularly.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to try out AL. I know many of you feel the way I felt last year when I made the jump. Just give yourself a push. You will be happy you made the change.

If any of you do try AL, you likely will have a ton of questions, so feel free to PM me on this forum any time and I will do my best to help you. Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hey guys, some of you probably know me as I was a regular player of PL during 2012 and you probably often saw me hanging out in Balefort merching....

Anyway, like many of you I felt I had invested so much time and effort in PL, the last thing I wanted to do was switch to a different game. I had managed to obtain all 5 dragon sets on my level 76 bear (this is when those dragon sets were worth 10m+ each). I had saved up a gold cap, and also had other very desirable sets such as a demonic mace set.

So when many of my buddies started moving over to AL and they encouraged me to go, I refused. That lasted all of about a month, and then last December I finally gave in and decided to try AL, so for about 3 months I kept playing both games. I still hoped everyone would come back to PL, but that never happened. And like many of them, I gradually started to prefer AL. Even with all the time spent and invested in PL, AL was such a better game that I gradually stopped playing PL. To this day I still have all of those items mentioned above, and also have 2000+ plat in PL which STS will not allow me to transfer over to AL. I haven't signed onto PL in more than 6 months.

Trust me when I tell you that AL is ten times the game that PL is. Yes, AL seems more complicated, but it is not. You are just used to PL and so any other game is going to seem complicated. But PL was also complicated the first time you played it. But you managed to learn over time. And yes, I agree that it is tough to go to a new game and start all over from scratch. But trust me when I tell you that you will be happy you did.

The first thing that will take getting used to is not being able to change screen orientation. That took me about 2 weeks to get used to and after that I simply forgot about it. The last time I signed onto PL it seemed so strange having to change the screen view. So you will get used to that part rather quickly.

As far as the skills and stats, and gear, there is way more flexibility in AL than in PL. In PL every player of the same class has the same skills, pretty much the same build, and usually the same gear as there is only really one good gear set for each level cap. In AL there are 8 skills for each class, and each player can only choose 4 making dozens of combinations. And each skill has the base skill plus 4 upgrades, so even 2 players with the exact same skill set most likely choose different upgrades for their skills, making the skills work differently. There are lots of different gear sets for each level cap, so way more variety. There are no "sets" with a set bonus, so you can mix and match to create your own combination. And then there are gems you can add to your gear to upgrade them to have better stats, and there are 6 different types of gems which add different stats to gear, meaning that even 2 players with the same exact gear and skill build may have different gems on their gear making them different.

The result is tons of variety and a game where your build is really something you work on to perfect, instead of just doing the same build as everyone else and using the same exact gear as everyone else. PvP is way way way better than in PL. I can't stress this enough. The main reason is because of all the variety of builds, but also because the game mechanics for battle are just better. After playing AL for a few months, I went back to PL and tried PvP, and it was a joke. I felt like my toon was sliding on ice in PL. AL is more realistic in terms of battle. Your character is more planted, and doesn't go sliding across the screen like he's on skates.

The other big draw from AL that I love is the leaderboards. In PL there are stat leaderboards, but nobody pays any attention to them. In AL the leaderboards are huge. They are posted in every town for everyone to see, and at the end of each expansion season, they award unique vanity banners to all players in the top 25 in each category (the banners are different depending on the leaderboard category, and they say the number of the season on them). I'm proud to say I've earned 5 banners in the first 4 seasons, and I will probably manage a couple more at the end of the current season. Pretty good when you consider that tens of thousands of players play this game regularly.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to try out AL. I know many of you feel the way I felt last year when I made the jump. Just give yourself a push. You will be happy you made the change.

If any of you do try AL, you likely will have a ton of questions, so feel free to PM me on this forum any time and I will do my best to help you. Good luck!
    As I have played PL, I have played every other of sts games and capped 75% of them all besides 2-3 on SL, by me doing this if I ever decided to move from PL to AL, obviously now that PL is sort of not how it used to be, and won't ever be who knows same goes to SL & DL, I feel AL is my last resort, so lucky I spent extra time in al capping every cap, lvling up making a little money, well, not much but enough to have a head start if I ever get serious, and till 2 weeks ago I got right back into it, after seeing so much happen to pl I finally made my mind up and boom I'm stuck into AL.
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

I will not ever play al because it made pocket legends a bad game .Otherwise it looks fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lwmarkell View Post
    Bsm is boring they really need to giv us a update, one year is longggg enough, I vote for a sky theme or a underwater theme inside of caves an stuff, an let's use spongebob physics. Who wouldn't like to see fishes swim by, mayb make a extension in humania town where it leads to new town. Maybe put a oyster at the end if one of the paths, an when u click it it, it says what's this? An boom a hole appears an scene moves, an ur welcomed to oysterra...welcome back
    And that, is how the Oyster class will be made!
    Veni Vidi Vici