Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best stunner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol, you're taking it all literally.. I think sky has a good poetry.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kingsmen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    i use orion on my mage at all times. just because i cant afford sam. but if u had sam dont say that crap about taking orion over sam. orion increases dmg with his AA but sam is all the time. sam can panic with both passive and AA. and @ctf whim is much worse, but he pulls and stuns so u can do fb and an area attack like gale and if u have whim u have higher dmg along with whims lowering armor so u will most likely kill a rogue or mage unshielded.
    whim'a AA in ctf give not only pull n lowered enemies armor but also STUN?? Never heard this before.. but if this true. then whim is a wow pet..
    Sorcerer | Khalitzburg
    Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Samael>Whim
    in PVE whim is bestest... whim > sam. the speed boost & damage is awesome. i hav compared them both and my record is with whim.
    Sorcerer | Khalitzburg
    Chivalrous Union

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    i use orion on my mage at all times. just because i cant afford sam. but if u had sam dont say that crap about taking orion over sam. orion increases dmg with his AA but sam is all the time. sam can panic with both passive and AA. and @ctf whim is much worse, but he pulls and stuns so u can do fb and an area attack like gale and if u have whim u have higher dmg along with whims lowering armor so u will most likely kill a rogue or mage unshielded.
    To bad whim doesn't stun tho ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n19one View Post
    in PVE whim is bestest... whim > sam. the speed boost & damage is awesome. i hav compared them both and my record is with whim.
    Samael banishes 1 in 10 mobs, the DMG boost is insignificant if you banish 2 mobs in a group of 20. Say one elite mob had 2k health, your Sam just did 4k DMG.

I guess the speed boost is OK....... Kettle has a a DMG boost and speed boost and is 50k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Samael banishes 1 in 10 mobs, the DMG boost is insignificant if you banish 2 mobs in a group of 20. Say one elite mob had 2k health, your Sam just did 4k DMG.

I guess the speed boost is OK....... Kettle has a a DMG boost and speed boost and is 50k.
    You're not looking at it globally.

First of all, whim's arcane ability reduces mobs armor 10-15%. So, now your entire party is hitting 10% armor, which is better than a banish.

Secondly, whims have an armor reducing & high damage/fast damage passive that includes poison. Note that this attack is AOE. It's almost like Samael's poison attack but it always does consistently high damage and if stacks. So, applied properly with the arcane, your party can hit 20-30% harder due to double armor reducers (& yes, they stack).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

It is important to differentiate stun pets (colton, kelvin, george, etc) from panic pets (slag, clyde, orion, sam) from other (crawly). True stun pets (colton, kelvin, george, etc) can be good in pve when you want to reliably stun a boss in their windup of skills, but are less useful in pvp due to stun immunity, and the inability to follow the stun of a fireball, a charged arrow, etc.

For pvp I would go for a panic pet. Of course, sam is probably the best, but most of us mere mortals can't all afford him. I think slag is probably the next best. I like the added speed boost he provides being a sorcerer. Clyde is also very good, but plat exclusive. Orion has a nice party buff and nice debuffs, but I feel his panic is much less reliable and just an occasional bonus (unless they buffed it recently). I have not used crawly in pvp so I cannot comment, but I am a little confused about the conflicting comments by people on the forums on the ability or lack of ability of those in the web to attack while affected. I would otherwise consider him more of a movement impairing pet similar to ethyl (also great in pvp but not a stun/panic pet)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post: