Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Four Skills. (4)

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    You probably dont pvp much on your rogue, because if you pvp for just 10minutes youll see that rogues have THE worst survivability out of all 3 classes - mages have arcane shield which doubles their survivability.

Both mages and warriors have a 2sec invincibility -thats the easiest way to switch skills..

That being said, rogues are unable to use 5 skills. You have a rogue dont you, why dont you fight me with 5+ skills with ur rogue
    Its called a trade-off...warriors n mages don't have god-like crits, 1 hit abilities, and Ofc they dont get most of the kills in the team. Like Fal said, just look at mages' kdrs...

And why cant you switch skills on a rogue? Doing it while the mage switches seems possible, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    KDR demonstrates how well the class can survive in PvP. If you're very squishy then you die easier hence you'll end but with a worse KDR. This is when looking at KDRs overall and not just one specific person. Overall rogues have the best KDR. So previous posts which say mages have super survivability and rogues have limited survivability is wrong and proven in any 1v1 and 5v5 fight. If you are only talking about mages vs rogue in a 1v1 fight then this is not a realistic picture. As for using 4 skills vs 5 skills, I wouldn't use 5 skills mid combat. But I do use 5 skills and I switch when its safe or if I die. It depends on the situation, the make up of my team and the make up of the other team. If someone wants to risk it to switch skills mid combat then that's up to them. Its a big risk and could mean they'll die.
    Kdr represents a classes ability to KS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Its called a trade-off...warriors n mages don't have god-like crits, 1 hit abilities, and Ofc they dont get most of the kills in the team. Like Fal said, just look at mages' kdrs...

And why cant you switch skills on a rogue? Doing it while the mage switches seems possible, no?
    A sorc can crit me to 15%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Unless you can read minds or come to an agreement as to when to swap, its is impossible to synch swaps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Its impossible to argue with you guys, you dont even say points, theyre just conclusions, accusations and assumptions.

You probably dont know how it feels in a rogues position to be against curse, shield, heal and 3 attack skills do you instant, we actually have a backbone to make a suggestion and argue our points instead of just posting randomly and putting others down...Ignorance is the driving force of corruption. ROGUES CANT use 5 skills, there is no way for us to do it without risking getting 2hitted. Can you not see its unfair! Can you not see this is the SUGGESTIONS section where we are putting a suggestion. When a class feels OP, it never comes to the devs and tells em: WERE OP, NERF US. Thats the exact point you guys are defending, just so you stay OP..
    I'm sorry, I just believe that it's not exploiting the game. The GM's have allowed the access to remap our skills at any stage. The fact that Rogues cannot is simply because they can, but it would not work as much in their favour.
    So the way I see it, you're complaining because something isn't working in your favour? And personally I believe that it's pointless. Instead of complaining why not figure out a way to be better than others regardless or the circumstances instead of just getting frustrated?

I don't overly know what it's like being a Rogue because I enjoy being a warrior, and I also don't overly enjoy PvP because there are so many people who get angry over it, and in the end, it's just a game.

Peace ~
    IGN: Rianaku (Warrior) - Couchlock (Sorcerer) - SnackBox (Rogue)

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Unless you can read minds or come to an agreement as to when to swap, its is impossible to synch swaps.
    When the sorc isn't moving...or if hes in your party and a busy Icon shows up.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

A sorc can crit me to 15%.
    Right, and you can 1 hit us. Besides, only arcane staffs can usually crit your, what, 3.5k Hp? I have never hit that high a crit myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Grr I'm out of thanks... I would thank Alhun 3 times... And thank Rianaku ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

When the sorc isn't moving...or if hes in your party and a busy Icon shows up.
    Even if u begin as soon as you seem him swapping, that leaves the mage a timeframe of 1-2 seconds in which catastrophic damage is possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Right, and you can 1 hit us. Besides, only arcane staffs can usually crit your, what, 3.5k Hp? I have never hit that high a crit myself.
    Right besides that fact that we can't one hit normal mythic mages, if you mean one combo maybe- what do we have? No stun skill, no 5k mana, no DMG reduction skill. Zzz it all boils down to how well you can play your class, but if one decides to use more than 4 skills, no matter how well you play your class, your hit was a disadvantage.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Right besides that fact that we can't one hit normal mythic mages, if you mean one combo maybe- what do we have? No stun skill, no 5k mana, no DMG reduction skill. Zzz it all boils down to how well you can play your class, but if one decides to use more than 4 skills, no matter how well you play your class, your hit was a disadvantage.
    I have mythic armor, helm and anulet you yourself have 1 hit me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

And besides, no one asked for 5k mana...

You also 1 hit me as well Ctf, And I'm fully mythic with archon

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Even if u begin as soon as you seem him swapping, that leaves the mage a timeframe of 1-2 seconds in which catastrophic damage is possible.
    2 seconds? How much damage can a mage do in 2 seconds...but that's beside the point. The point is you don't NEED to switch skills because you're already the best class at 1v1s and you and the whole of AL know it. And please, our shields can only absorb a certain amount of dmg, its almost impossible for a shield to last the full 15s so stop complaining! Switching is our way of getting better at something 1 class dominates.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

its almost impossible for a shield to last the full 15s so stop complaining! Switching is our way of getting better at something 1 class dominates.
    This is true. Postulate1, please stop complaining. IMO, if the devs wanted to do something, they would have done so (or at least mentioned it) towards the beginning of the posting of this whining thread. Quit it already.

If you and your other rogue friends are against the idea of using 5+ skills, just don't 1v1 mages and warriors. Just go along and 1v1 your fellow rogues which is entirely based on luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Both my sorc accs are full mythic gemmed purely with supergems. 3.3K HP and close to 1100 armor.

Without shield, I've been oneshot countless times, even by non full mythic rogues. I invite you to test again for yourself, because clearly you have no idea about endgame PvP.

1. And we have only one stun ourselves and it needs charging. It'd be extremely OP if you did too with such insane crit/dodge. 40+ on each of those is not rare for full mythic rogue with sammy.

2. You don't need 5k mana when you can oneshot stuff. With 700 mana you can fire all of your skills twice.

3. Your Combat Medic beats Lifegiver every day. Overall we get 50-60% heal while you get 90% without counting the original self-heal when casting it (Trauma Surgeon, mispelled in game as Trama).

4. All of your reload times are half the duration of ours. You don't even need to attack normally with 2 second reloads.

5. You have no right to complain about a mere 10% damage reduction when rogues have stackable:
    -15% armor debuff (Shatter Armor),
    +10 crit buff (Deadly Focus),
    +10% damage buff (Accuracy).

And to top all that, none of those effects requires charging!

We've been through this before, statistically rogues beat sorcs no matter the situation. Period.

Your real problem here is that because of your overpowered attacking skills you have no need for second defensive-type skill. Well excuse me if rogues take 4 more seconds to kill sorcs now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor
    if the devs wanted to do something, they would have done so (or at least mentioned it) towards the beginning of the posting of this whining thread.
    There is truth in this. There are 8 skills to choose from. And yes, there are only 4 skill slots. If people want to have more than 4 active skills, and switch between them in combat, that's perfectly fine, since STS hasn't done anything against it. The game does not specify how many skills you are supposed to open.
    PL: Artaeon (Archer)
    AL: Artaeon (Rogue)

Read my Short, Heroic Love Poem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

2 seconds? How much damage can a mage do in 2 seconds...but that's beside the point. The point is you don't NEED to switch skills because you're already the best class at 1v1s and you and the whole of AL know it. And please, our shields can only absorb a certain amount of dmg, its almost impossible for a shield to last the full 15s so stop complaining! Switching is our way of getting better at something 1 class dominates.
    It is impossible for me to ONE HIT a mage, my aimed usually does 2.5 on a mage, what I can do IF I'm lucky is one combo a mage. A combo consists of 3 ATTACK skills. LIKEWISE a mage can one combo me as well, with TWO skills. Fireball and lightning. It can last the whole 15 seconds IF your GOOD and GEARED.

Rogues are the best at 1v1? A glaive can kill a rogue easily in 1v1, some tanks I can't get past my 2nd packs,

How much DMG can a sorc do in 2 seconds? Over 3.5k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Both my sorc accs are full mythic gemmed purely with supergems. 3.3K HP and close to 1100 armor.

Without shield, I've been oneshot countless times, even by non full mythic rogues. I invite you to test again for yourself, because clearly you have no idea about endgame PvP.

1. And we have only one stun ourselves and it needs charging. It'd be extremely OP if you did too with such insane crit/dodge. 40+ on each of those is not rare for full mythic rogue with sammy.

2. You don't need 5k mana when you can oneshot stuff. With 700 mana you can fire all of your skills twice.

3. Your Combat Medic beats Lifegiver every day. Overall we get 50-60% heal while you get 90% without counting the original self-heal when casting it (Trauma Surgeon, mispelled in game as Trama).

4. All of your reload times are half the duration of ours. You don't even need to attack normally with 2 second reloads.

5. You have no right to complain about a mere 10% damage reduction when rogues have stackable:
    -15% armor debuff (Shatter Armor),
    +10 crit buff (Deadly Focus),
    +10% damage buff (Accuracy).

And to top all that, none of those effects requires charging!

We've been through this before, statistically rogues beat sorcs no matter the situation. Period.

Your real problem here is that because of your overpowered attacking skills you have no need for second defensive-type skill. Well excuse me if rogues take 4 more seconds to kill sorcs now.

1. Charging on a mage only takes a fraction of time on charging on a rogue. You can charge 1.5 skills in the time a rogue charges 1.

2. The chances of me catching you without shield is low, and if your any good, you will survive my combo. Likewise, if your any good you can kill a rogue in one combo.

3. If your a good mage, (I highly doubt you are) no offence, I can not make it to all my packs. YOUR HEAL IS GUARANTEED, us rogues have to pick it up
    This takes time. Throws of your concentration, as you are desperately running for packs. and once again, you are not guaranteed your full heal.

4. The reload time is longer? Yea... Because your charge time takes less time.

5. Our stackables expire in time, and reset if a shot is missed.
    Also, you have a stun skill.
    CURSE (OMIGOD)
    damage reduction
    DoT and AoE damage.

ALL OF YOUR SKILLS CHARGE FASTER THAN ROGUE SKILLS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artae View Post
    There is truth in this. There are 8 skills to choose from. And yes, there are only 4 skill slots. If people want to have more than 4 active skills, and switch between them in combat, that's perfectly fine, since STS hasn't done anything against it. The game does not specify how many skills you are supposed to open.
    We are currently waiting for a dev's reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Ok, maybe it's 'impossible' (although I do not know your definition of impossible) for you to one hit a mage, but it is possible for other rogues to one hit even arcane staffed mages with Samael. To add to that, you don't even need to use a 'combo' on a mage to kill them, all it takes is 1-2 crits and GG us mages. And besides, luck is in your guys' favor when you crit (and dodge), so don't even mention anything about 'IF' and luck.

Against rogues especially with Samael and razorbacks, it is impossible for our shield to last its full 15 seconds. You rogues dish out way too much damage for that to happen; our shield, as Alhunt had stated, can only absorb so much damage until is disappears, leaving us as vulnerable as ants.

(All around) Rouges are the best at 1v1. A glaive cannot kill a rogue EASILY in 1v1, usually, the rogue must run out of mana first, which most skilled rogues don't. Besides, like rogues and mages, there are always the OP and skilled bunch of the category.

A normal, full mythic sorcerer canNOT do 3.5k+ damage in 2 seconds. We crit Lightning, which usually goes for 1k-1.3k damage on average, then Ice (the second strongest skill) which deals approximately 500-800 on a critical hit. Add them up, and it equals to around 1.5-2.1k damage in 2 seconds. That's barely over 50% of your health IF I get lucky enough to do that, even with Ribbit, the odds of that are not in our favor. Most sorcerers don't even have the stun skill on Lightning, so it will be easy to reach your packs. All you need is 1 pack, and you're already up to 90%+ hp.

Please stop complaining already.