Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BroadCastle View Post
    Completely untrue!!! ? What is? Doggy's post is talking about pervailing impression, and I agree with this. I also know people who help, but that doesn't mean what Doggy says is "completely untrue!!!". Seriously, c'mon Angel...

If Doggy was the one who does not care about help to others, he wouldn't write such a post don't you think?
    He states ........

[QUOTE=Grrrrimadoggy;1440577]One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them......../QUOTE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Many have a two piece now, and if they really want a 3 pc they can still wait or 86 cap, or maybe sts should make some sort of elite checkpoint at 81, and raise the cap to 86

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    He states ........
    You either have very low sense to catch the meaning, or just pointing at words to support your statement, however you realize, what is meant by "do you ever see..." and "...everyone just kills..."
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-23-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

[QUOTE=angeldawn;1440613]He states ........

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrimadoggy View Post
    One reason I think PL is going downhill is the community. Do you ever see anyone genuinly help a new person? No, they try to scam them and in pvp all you see is trash talk! Nobody new ever comes to endgame pvp! Because everyone just kills them repeatedly and doesn't give them a chance then trash talks them......../QUOTE]
    Its not completely untrue. There are a few who do help, who do end teaming, who do wreck spawners, who do help others. You are both correct to some degree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

True, Angel didn't say this. Angel said, that IF others get oportunity for 3pc ring, then SHE should get some even better ring, saying there SHOULDN'T be equality. Where is the balance then?
    Please show me where I said I should get something better? I never said that. I would like to see the the quote.

I said I don't think of someone earns a ring this way that you propose that it should be the same as the ones earns the proper and intended way.

I am all for PVP balance as Shilooo said I just disagree with your approach. And a ring will not make PVP balanced. If you understood PVP you would the that there are many things that need to be corrected to Balance PVP. Like hit. Like savage damage. But I won't go into that here you can go read the other thread

I posted my opinion here, which many agree with. I'm sorry that you don't and I'm sorry some here haven't understood or chose to read what I said.

I stand by my option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm in Btw helpers aren't gone at all, just theres a lack of them. If all rich pros realized, that some of the best feeling commes from helping others, there would be plenty of donnors. And I dont mean just material gifts, but also advice or friendship to new player. I am trying to be like that. And I know others who does the same.
    And material gift/gold aren't always what they need. Sometimes they need someone to help them figure out the best ways to make gold or how to do use their character the best way possible. Gold is nice to have but having someone to help you along and teach you stuff is better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

[QUOTE=Argyros;1440622]
    He states ........

Its not completely untrue. There are a few who do help, who do end teaming, who do wreck spawners, who do help others. You are both correct to some degree.
    I know there are those few that do. I was implying the majority of PL community is that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I have to admit I stop reading all the post.

@ OP
    I have capped ever cap on several toons. I have 3 piece rings on 4 toons. According to your proposal, now I have to grind out another 200k xp on each toon ...

**YOU DONT NEED A 3PIECE RING TO BE GOOD***

@ Others

... I do not think they should be able to get ring because they chose not to cap.

If additional rIng where allowed to be obtained they should be somewhat inferior to the original rings. They would still be beneficial to those who don't have one.

If STS implemented new rings with same old stats it tells players they don't have to cap as soon as it comes out cuz STS will let them get one later. When STS does come out with...
    Ok, I reversed that, I admit and apologize. But the sense is the same: Let the other only get INFERIOR ( !!! ) ring...

Btw: Be sure I have read every your post pretty carefully. When I pointed on you, I meant this quote. Yea, I failed a bit, but the core of the matter isn't changed. If you don't count stat disballance caused by better ring into PVP ballance, then I am sorry, but I think this view is incorrect.
    Last edited by BroadCastle; 01-23-2014 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggron View Post
    How about a compromise between the elite ringed players and the no elite ring players? I like Argyros' idea and instead of making the reward a 3pc, how about a Ring of Persistence which is worse than the regular 3pc and has different sparkles? And cannot be combined with dragon ring.
    There would be no point in this thread, if the elite ring given, had lower stats. Make the sparkles any which way you want, but make SURE it has the same stats.

Unfortunately, some players don't even use their elite rings in pvp because others complain about them. But if this idea was implemented, those complainers, couldn't complain. They would only have a response back like- "cry, your just to lazy to get them."

Do you see how this would solve that problem?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Argyros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Ok, I reversed that, I admit and apologize. But the sense is the same: Let the other only get INFERIOR ( !!! ) ring...

Btw: Be sure I have read every your post pretty carefully. When I pointed on you, I meant this quote. Yea, I failed a bit, but the core of the matter isn't changed. If you don't count stat disballance caused by better ring into PVP ballance, then I am sorry, but I think this view is incorrect.
    Stalker xD
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

The base mechanics, stats and skills need to be fixed. What good is 200+ hit?? What good is a hit debuff that still keeps the hit over 100%. These things are things that need to be fixed to balance PVP. I don't consider rings part of the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyros View Post
    There would be no point in this thread, if the elite ring given, had lower stats. Make the sparkles any which way you want, but make SURE it has the same stats.

Unfortunately, some players don't even use their elite rings in pvp because others complain about them. But if this idea was implemented, those complainers, couldn't complain. They would only have a response back like- "cry, your just to lazy to get them."

Do you see how this would solve that problem?
    A ring with lower stats is still something, and is better than nothing. I do however disagree with a previous post. I think STS should allow the ring to be craftable with dragon. Since the dragon ring is only obtainable through achievements this also needs to be changed so you can have more than one dragon ring and possibly craft it later at next cap..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Please show me where I said I should get something better? I never said that. I would like to see the the quote.

I said I don't think of someone earns a ring this way that you propose that it should be the same as the ones earns the proper and intended way.

Response:
    This post here shows that you do not want equality. If you did want equality, you would be fine with giving a same stat'd ring. Heck, you could make the sparkles be a different color and it would still signify the difference.

I am all for PVP balance as Shilooo said I just disagree with your approach. And a ring will not make PVP balanced.

Response:
    Yes, a ring will not fix PvP balance BUT it is a step towards balancing PvP.

If you understood PVP you would the that there are many things that need to be corrected to Balance PVP. Like hit. Like savage damage.

Response:
    We all know there's many things wrong with PvP - the ring is just the tip of the iceberg.
    But I won't go into that here you can go read the other thread

I posted my opinion here, which many agree with. I'm sorry that you don't and I'm sorry some here haven't understood or chose to read what I said.

I stand by my option
    Replied in bold.

Right now, I am going to quote Animal Farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." That is what you're basically saying right now.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^Angeldawn

Ok, I accept that. Our oppinions differs, but thats common, nothing bad on it. Let's stop repeating our statements, which does not change, to keep this discussion readable somehow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The base mechanics, stats and skills need to be fixed. What good is 200+ hit?? What good is a hit debuff that still keeps the hit over 100%. These things are things that need to be fixed to balance PVP. I don't consider rings part of the mechanics.

A ring with lower stats is still something, and is better than nothing. I do however disagree with a previous post. I think STS should allow the ring to be craftable with dragon. Since the dragon ring is only obtainable through achievements this also needs to be changed so you can have more than one dragon ring and possibly craft it later at next cap..
    Eh there is no good in 200+ hit chance, apart from that if you receive multiple hit debuffs, your hit will not go under 100%. IMO, decrease the savage sets DMG considerably, but increase the health. Rhinos health needs to be buffed as well though, and make brute force a worthy buff lol. The list goes on.

Yes, but if there the elite ring had lower stats, players would not cease to complain. So basically this idea utterly revolves around the elite ring having the exact same stats. I respect your disagreement though.

They should definitely change it so that, once you equip the dragon+ crafted dragon set, it automatically gives you a ring, not just from the achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Default Elite XP! A temporary but possibly permanent end to a new Pl cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Replied in bold.

Right now, I am going to quote Animal Farm: "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." That is what you're basically saying right now.
    If a ring is a step in the right direction to balancing PVP as you said then EVERYONE should get one. Thus, making this thread pointless again.

STS Please hand out 3 piece rings to all player deserving or not so PVP can be balanced!!
    Last edited by angeldawn; 01-23-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

^
    "Deserving or not..." Ok, I almost started to feel there is some good talk with you on horizon Now I doubt again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

^
    "Deserving or not..." Ok, I almost started to feel there is some good talk with you on horizon Now I doubt again...
    You can't say that rings will balance PVP cuz then every one should have them and then you do not need the quests suggested in this post.

All should have. Whether they have ever capped or not.... That was my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If a ring is a step in the right direction to balancing PVP as you said then EVERYONE should get one. Thus, making this thread pointless again.

STS Please hand out 3 piece rings to all player deserving or not so PVP can be balanced!!
    Yes, everyone who is willing to work for one will have equal opportunity to earn one, Angel.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-23-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Yes, everyone who is willing to work for one will have equal opportunity to earn one, Angel.
    No, not if you say it will balance PVP. if you consider the ring as part of the reason PVP is unbalanced then all should have regardless of capping if you want PVP to be balanced.

This is why I don't consider it as part of the unbalance. You can't have it both ways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

300+ XP grinded, seems pretty deserving to me.

This ring makes it POSSIBLE for PvP to be balanced.

If they choose not to take this opportunity, then so be it.