Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OLD PLAYERS - Does a lot of gold make the game better or worse?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

As a season 1 player, having the motivation to make my millions was very fun.

Just pvp when you have geared up for season

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It does discourage me how easily someone new can just buy a bunch of plat, open a thousand crates, and suddenly they are richer than I am and have better gear than I do. In PL the plat spenders would get these OP elixirs which gave much better drops and let you complete the dungeons much easier. While that eventually became a problem, it did mean that new players still had to work to get their wealth. It does seem like now you can just strike it rich from the beginning, and I see far too many noobs walking around with arcane gear that even I cannot afford. So yes, it is a bit discouraging.

I do miss the season 1/2 pre-locked crate days a bit, but obviously STS has to make some money on this game, and locked crates is how they are doing it. I just wish they figured out a way to make it so that more effort was required. I understand that plat users should have some sort of significant advantage or else they won't spend their money. But I wish some more effort was needed on their part to have that advantage.
    I guess we all have the option to neglect real life responsibilities (or is it priorities?) and do the same but yeah I understand what you say and preach one brother.

I'm by no means a super old player but the amount of new players with arcane gear is astounding. Especially with warriors, at some point I think every crate was giving arcane maul and samael, the amount of warriors running with both is perplexing to say the least. Of course these are the same guys who in PVP show their "knowledge", some get by on that gear alone with no train of thought to their actions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

having alot of golds means u can have anything. if u have everything it makes game boring. u can do pvp bt not mch good.
    I m playing rogue character now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This game was way more fun b4 lockeds, the good times of actually havong people doing elites to farm equipment instead of the same boring 3 elite maps the whole time. This game lost alot of its former glory after lockeds where introduced. To bad sts didnt fulfil their promises of this not being a plat heavy game.

In case anyone remembers me fro the good old days, i used to play as datapunk and fudgemonk.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vogel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vogel View Post
    This game was way more fun b4 lockeds, the good times of actually havong people doing elites to farm equipment instead of the same boring 3 elite maps the whole time. This game lost alot of its former glory after lockeds where introduced. To bad sts didnt fulfil their promises of this not being a plat heavy game.

In case anyone remembers me fro the good old days, i used to play as datapunk and fudgemonk.
    I think the only map farmed in seas 1/2 was elite jarl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Yeah !! Jarl was the farming rage. Didn't take much time, and occasionally droped good chests. Joined at the end of SI/start of SII. I remember how I gave away 20 locked to fellow guildmates. And then suddenly the prices soared and locked has been a valuable item ever since :/ lost so much!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Tower of Mardrom also

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Yeah !! Jarl was the farming rage. Didn't take much time, and occasionally droped good chests. Joined at the end of SI/start of SII. I remember how I gave away 20 locked to fellow guildmates. And then suddenly the prices soared and locked has been a valuable item ever since :/ lost so much!
    You think that was bad? I can't count how many wrathjaw/snaggletooth eggs I gave away. Probably > 50. They were selling for like 1k
    Last edited by Rare; 01-23-2014 at 10:01 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Season 1 player and have none of this wealth you speak of
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Tower of Mardrom also

You think that was bad? I can't count how many wrathjaw/snaggletooth eggs I gave away. Probably > 50. They were selling for like 1k
    And Loki!! Those eggs were so cheap back then. On the other hand, Malison prices are quite low compared to the prices back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

You can never have enough game money in a game, this is why I used a program to hack my GTA V storymode gamesave to have 2 billion dollars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

missing the time when ALP was the best weapon for rogue! lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    You can never have enough game money in a game, this is why I used a program to hack my GTA V storymode gamesave to have 2 billion dollars
    Ur that sad to hack it lol. I made 100million on gta5 by investing it all I'm 1 company and if u buy things just don't save it lol
    Online I was just given 4billion anyway ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sad to hack it? Don't be so absurd, it's a game, you play it how you want to. How much did they leave you with after they took away the 4 billion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I started at the start of season and have no wealth at all. Though I left after the start of nordor expansion and came back after Halloween..................
    And lol i gave away a lot of lockeds when they were worth <5k...... Big loss.
    Aay way I have barely 700k after playing for a month........and spending around 300-400 k to buy equips to make game play easier for me so I'll say I'm making some good progress hope I'll buy my first mythic anytime soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samdegreat View Post
    For those of you season 1-2 players who have gained wealth over your year of playing this game, do you feel you had more fun when you were farming for gold and you had a purpose and a target - 'inspiration' and 'motivation' or do you prefer pvp and merching?

P.s no one ask me for all my gold and say if you want to be poor give your gold to me

although in my opinion I did prefer being poor
    Being a noob was/is the good times ...
    Arcane Legends was created in november 2012, and my first toon was a warrior. I deleted him, dunno why, i'm silly, but i remember that i enjoyed farming elite and normal. Farming is a good activity, i have always loved it. About gold, i think that if u have only 30-40k and u can't have more, you're not happy when u play AL. If u have a good gear and about 5M-10M gold MAXIMUM, think that you're more happy.
    But anyway if you have 50M+, that make the game worse, definitly.
    I hope that my opinion helped, and bye!!
    The Demon who shines like the Moon
    Arcane Legends: Iezheosas (lvl40); Kingofshades (lvl20) Pocket Legends: Asuarib (lvl75)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

and i can add that if you think that being a noob is/was the good times, you're right, i think that too
    The Demon who shines like the Moon
    Arcane Legends: Iezheosas (lvl40); Kingofshades (lvl20) Pocket Legends: Asuarib (lvl75)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    Sad to hack it? Don't be so absurd, it's a game, you play it how you want to. How much did they leave you with after they took away the 4 billion?
    210k lol but kept my tank and every boat and helicopter and my cars and I'm only lv 30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

If any old player wants to unweighten is pockets and find motivation to play again pursuing new goals, he is reccomemded to send the money my way.
    Send me a pvt message and i will gladly log Azazriel to take the gold$.

Oh one at a time please don't push yourselves i have enough space in my stash for all of you c:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default OLD PLAYERS - Does a lot of gold make the game better or worse?

Tbh I'd say I had more fun back when I was a pretty much a noob and farming elites was actually fun because the loot was actually worth something to me. Farming elites for hours.. Knowing the map inside out, How and when to pull mobs perfectly etc... In nordr expansion it was very fun farming. Running the map until you got that rare drop that makes your team go " omg not fair!" hahaha. I eventually farmed full mythic rouge gear in lvl 31 ( won the free mythic ring in the timed runs contest tho ).

But then in about the last month or so in lvl 31 cap I tried merching because people said its faster for gold and i wanted at least a glacian. Eventually I merched and merched and became what others might call "super rich". I completely stopped farming elites because the drops was a waste of time to me. I tryed to farm elites in lvl 36 cap.. Couldn't do it anymore.. It just wasn't the same fun I used to have because the drops were to "cheap" to me and I always thought about how much gold was waiting for me in the pier. All I ever did was merch to the point I was pretty much famous in the piers at the time ( oldmurda ) but yea.. Had more fun having to grind in pve for the items instead of having so much gold To easily buy anything I wanted. Noob days the best days ! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Me making money in S2.

#runninghauntletsellingkokos
    AL|Keanatec