Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bring the fun back! STOP free flagging and noob farming in ctf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Whim and vixen work great when flag guarding. Make sure to grab the powerups even if you dont need them.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

when you arrive into a room you should motivate the players to have a battle. and say a friendly battle, that way you don't have any drama. If they say flag room respect it and leave (10k of flags is very hard to get). Im not a op rouge, but I believe im a skillful player. Yes, there has been times during battle ive been told to leave. So wat, I dont get offended I leave and respect the other player. I try my best to not angry in pvp. But it tends to happen, my best solution is to leave. Its not a good idea to stay there and cause more conflict. Lately wat I do is vs, it makes friends with ppl. And learn there strategies, best way to communicate with players is vs. During vs I dont make someone feel bad buz they cant beat me. I try my best to teach them how to play better. For instance I was playing in a room watching hawk fight ctf. It was back and forth between them. A good fight so I said can I try? And hawk let me of course I got my butt kicked lol. But I learned from his playing, also venom was there he was very nice. Taught me a few things cuz I couldnt kill him. Talk to players and voice ur opinion, maybe it will change
    Last edited by Aiyana; 01-29-2014 at 07:18 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aiyana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyana View Post
    when you arrive into a room you should motivate the players to have a battle. and say a friendly battle, that way you don't have any drama. If they say flag room respect it and leave (10k of flags is very hard to get). Im not a op rouge, but I believe im a skillful player. Yes, there has been times during battle ive been told to leave. So wat, I dont get offended I leave and respect the other player. I try my best to not angry in pvp. But it tends to happen, my best solution is to leave. Its not a good idea to stay there and cause more conflict. Lately wat I do is vs, it makes friends with ppl. And learn there strategies, best way to communicate with players is vs. During vs I dont make someone feel bad buz they cant beat me. I try my best to teach them how to play better. For instance I was playing in a room watching hawk fight ctf. It was back and forth between them. A good fight so I said can I try? And hawk let me of course I got my butt kicked lol. But I learned from his playing, also venom was there he was very nice. Taught me a few things cuz I couldnt kill him. Talk to players and voice ur opinion, maybe it will change
    Finally.very positive honest and humble opinion.i like it.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Finally.very positive honest and humble opinion.i like it.
    Haha you got there before me Alf ;-) but I agree (maybe not with the flagging) but we all have our opinions, and Aiyana has made a very positive post +1!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Agree with Alf and Emma, this is a positive response. Like Emma said only thing i disagree with is the flag side of things, and only because IMO its a daft AP. When i enter a room now and see someone say 'i'm flagging' i simply reply with, 'ok, but if you dont have the flag im gonna try and kill you, nothing personal'. It kinda works, yes people get a bit stressed with me sometimes but this is PVP at the end of the day and it has to be expected. After all is said i get attacked if i try and flag and i don complain, you just kill and get even. This is the only game i have played where these sort of rules exist.... games like order and chaos online are a great example. With these sorts of games your quests run along side the PVP zone, meaning you can get killed whilst you are doing your dailies etc. Makes it a lot more fun and a hell of a lot more interesting.

There are a lot of friendly people in PVP, but there are also a lot of whiners who feel that they shouldnt be killed. Sorry guys but you need reality check, like the tiltle says its Player vs Player, not Player vs Flag. Someone in a game with me yesterday shouted 'isnt the object to capture the flag'...... i couldnt agree more.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

+1 for your views.
    If only more people had your attitude.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Moderator - Inactive KahunaJake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Hello guys lets try to keep this thread constructive and avoid any flaming/trolling. Thanks
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KahunaJake For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese:1449027
    Agree with Alf and Emma, this is a positive response. Like Emma said only thing i disagree with is the flag side of things, and only because IMO its a daft AP. When i enter a room now and see someone say 'i'm flagging' i simply reply with, 'ok, but if you dont have the flag im gonna try and kill you, nothing personal'. It kinda works, yes people get a bit stressed with me sometimes but this is PVP at the end of the day and it has to be expected. After all is said i get attacked if i try and flag and i don complain, you just kill and get even. This is the only game i have played where these sort of rules exist.... games like order and chaos online are a great example. With these sorts of games your quests run along side the PVP zone, meaning you can get killed whilst you are doing your dailies etc. Makes it a lot more fun and a hell of a lot more interesting.

There are a lot of friendly people in PVP, but there are also a lot of whiners who feel that they shouldnt be killed. Sorry guys but you need reality check, like the tiltle says its Player vs Player, not Player vs Flag. Someone in a game with me yesterday shouted 'isnt the object to capture the flag'...... i couldnt agree more.
    Yeah I still run into people who will look to the flag as a sanctuary when it is the opposite.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I basically quit CTF. I don't play it unless to hop on and grab a flag or too. Its all TDM for me. Sad that its gone this way...
    I try killing flatters but they're often maulers and the like...and I'm a part-mythic mage :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I basically quit CTF. I don't play it unless to hop on and grab a flag or too. Its all TDM for me. Sad that its gone this way...
    I try killing flatters but they're often maulers and the like...and I'm a part-mythic mage :/
    I know how you feel bro :/ ctf is destroyed, but for me mages suck already so I cant even tdm unless i farm like a complete no life for days and somehow earn 10m and get at least some mythic and still have a slight chance of winning in a fight in tdm.. Just seems not worth it :/
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I support free flagging until new APs are added. Until there are APs such as flags returned/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers, and matches won to name a few. There is no incentive to stop free flagging. Because going on and killing someone and possibly ganging them in my mind doesn't constitute a CTF game. A CTF game is where 2 evenly match teams try to win by scoring more points. If STS feels like the status quo is fine by them then its fine with me. They have had 5 seasons to implement more APs and nothing has been done. So this is why we are here, due to their inaction. We can blame ourselves but we are driven by in game incentives and when there is none, then this is what we get. So until something changes in game, I will let people flag freely.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I support free flagging until new APs are added. Until there are APs such as flags returned/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers, and matches won to name a few. There is no incentive to stop free flagging. Because going on and killing someone and possibly ganging them in my mind doesn't constitute a CTF game. A CTF game is where 2 evenly match teams try to win by scoring more points. If STS feels like the status quo is fine by them then its fine with me. They have had 5 seasons to implement more APs and nothing has been done. So this is why we are here, due to their inaction. We can blame ourselves but we are driven by in game incentives and when there is none, then this is what we get. So until something changes in game, I will let people flag freely.
    People don't flag because there is not enough AP's, it is because of the certain achievement StS made to make free flagging. They need to remove that AND add more
    Veni Vidi Vici

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jig View Post
    People don't flag because there is not enough AP's, it is because of the certain achievement StS made to make free flagging. They need to remove that AND add more
    You can leave the flagging AP and add more APs like the ones I suggested. Right now the only APs which separate people are the flags APs. If more APs were introduced then people would have to spend their time earning those APs. Which means less time flagging. And if APs were introduced that were for returning flags/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers and matches won then people would have to play CTF. Because you end up giving incentives for both sides of the equation. Right now the only incentive is to score flags. Because of the current situation I won't be attacking any flaggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The easiest thing would be to create a circular kill zone about the size of abbadons arcane reach around the Flag carrier. Whoever is not within the flag carriers kill zone cannot be killed. So spawn kills and kills without actually going after the flag will be made useless. This will promote actual CTF play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    You can leave the flagging AP and add more APs like the ones I suggested. Right now the only APs which separate people are the flags APs. If more APs were introduced then people would have to spend their time earning those APs. Which means less time flagging. And if APs were introduced that were for returning flags/killing flaggers, protecting flaggers and matches won then people would have to play CTF. Because you end up giving incentives for both sides of the equation. Right now the only incentive is to score flags. Because of the current situation I won't be attacking any flaggers.
    Yeah well whenever your in a ctf match, and there are other players playing, they're obviously going to flag not go for kills -__- any pvp achievement out there will make PvPers team gang with friends and boost... Adding more yes will distract SOME depending what ap they choose to do
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

well, i guess all pvp stats should be only maintained weekly or monthly (resets every week or every month)

and all the achievement should be made by weekly or monthly base, definitely will those players tired easily

this is only if you/sts think that free flagging/noob farming bothers you a lot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    ....stats should be only maintained weekly or monthly (resets every week or every month)

and all the achievement should be made by weekly or monthly base.......
    This ^^

I wouldn't say ALL achievements, but achievements that take hundreds of hours of running like a hamster on a wheel make no sense.

This game is supposed to keep people interested, stimulated and involved. The disaster PVP has become is because 5K/10K flags is the only "goal" left for most of the top players in the game. If there is nothing else ongoing one can do to "be competitive", it is certain that the lifespan of this product is finite. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging. Carrying something across a room 10,000 times takes no skill, and the only challenge is whether you can be stubborn or bored enough to waste that much of your life.

I also agree totally with season based leaderboards (relevant point raised elsewhere) for all categories. Or else keep people involved by making it so the people who spent the most weeks ON the leaderboard in a season are the ones awarded. As it stands now, people can take 80% of the season off and then come back, flag for 6 weeks or get a pair of nice blades join a run with someone who has worked out the routes for them, and be rewarded - that's counterproductive on all counts. It would keep people involved and interested if they had to earn their right to that board the entire season, not just the last hour of the 6 month period.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    This ^^

I wouldn't say ALL achievements, but achievements that take hundreds of hours of running like a hamster on a wheel make no sense.

This game is supposed to keep people interested, stimulated and involved. The disaster PVP has become is because 5K/10K flags is the only "goal" left for most of the top players in the game. If there is nothing else ongoing one can do to "be competitive", it is certain that the lifespan of this product is finite. Games are supposed to be fun and challenging. Carrying something across a room 10,000 times takes no skill, and the only challenge is whether you can be stubborn or bored enough to waste that much of your life.

I also agree totally with season based leaderboards (relevant point raised elsewhere) for all categories. Or else keep people involved by making it so the people who spent the most weeks ON the leaderboard in a season are the ones awarded. As it stands now, people can take 80% of the season off and then come back, flag for 6 weeks or get a pair of nice blades join a run with someone who has worked out the routes for them, and be rewarded - that's counterproductive on all counts. It would keep people involved and interested if they had to earn their right to that board the entire season, not just the last hour of the 6 month period.
    Take away 5k and 10k achievements, keep smaller achievements. PROBLEM SOLVED
    Veni Vidi Vici

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Nah the solution is kill all free floggers.

including me XD but i will naturally fight back

so its ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well...there aren't many flaggers u see in lvl25-29 but most of the time you see them flagging mainly because of

-Newbies who didn't know how to play or just lvled, and not adapted to the changes

-The game is ending for guild wars and no one objects to it

-Trying to get the Flagging Achivement, but even though you will still be killed by others

In CTF most pros didn't want to end the game probably because

-They want to farm all of the weaklings

-Its not over yet, more people are coming

In TDM is a FFA ( free for all ) as you can kill and KS whatever you want and no one actually stops you.
    IGN:Aikyrox
    GUILD:The Blacklisted
    LEVEL:28
    Updated 11-2-14