Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let's Talk About the Brothers Whim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Let's Talk About the Brothers Whim

14m pull, unable to dodge, 1 sec stun (or 3 sec snare), pull works only in pve--problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kixkaxx; 02-01-2014 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. We're really grateful for all of your detailed feedback and I personally appreciate everyone trying to keep as cool a head as possible over all of this. Getting worked up and angry is easy, but it's collected constructive feedback that helps us the most in these situations.

The Brothers Whim are a very unique pet and different than anything we've done before, with the idea that instead of just one creature we have two sprites that are working together. They have some very powerful abilities, with advantages not seen in other pets so far, as mentioned above. As you all know, there is a lot of thought and consideration that goes into each pet. We have to consider how it will be used, where it will be used (PVE and PVP), how it'll play with each class, and especially how it will balance out with current pets/gear/etc in the game, while also considering how future game changes will affect it. This presents us with a great challenge, and yes, since Whim is something unlike the other pets there is fine-tuning to be done. We know that people put quite a lot of time and money into the arcane rarity pets and of course we want you to be happy with them.

The dev team is already aware of the 'slingshot' glitch that everyone is mentioning and a fix for this will be in game very soon. As for the other complaints surrounding this pet, we completely understand how being part of the fine-tuning process can be frustrating as a player. It would be fabulous if everything was just perfect right off the bat, but sometimes when that isn't the case, the best thing we can do is listen and respond to feedback from you all as it comes in. We are always here and listening to your comments and feedback and discussing it here behind the scenes so we can create as great an experience for you as we can. This will continue to happen with the Brothers Whim and we encourage you to keep sharing your constructive feedback.

Thanks again everyone. We'll keep you posted on any future developments with this pet.
    Can you ask please the developer team what potential issues they experienced with the 14m pull? I dont see any issue with it. Since whim is always back, his trap cannot be compared to a warrior axe throw as a chase down ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs09q...e_gdata_player

Keep in mind, in Southern Seas, the mobs are in very close proximity to each other. Despite this, the whims are still unable to pull some mobs that are right next to other mobs. What is up with that?? The range is truly exceedingly low. I wish I was exaggerating, but as the video shows here, I clearly am not.

At this point, I have emailed support to reconvert the pet to an egg. We will see what they say.
    I believe your problem here is that the maximum number of targets pulled in is six (6). The smash hits more than six.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    I believe your problem here is that the maximum number of targets pulled in is six (6). The smash hits more than six.
    The range is also pretty bad.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #65
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about you this morning

I appreciate your follow up regarding the Brothers Whim. As I understand it, the pull does what it does in two waves of 6, to pull in up to 12 targets. That is a lot. The damage was refactored to account for that upper number of targets. I think this is where the disconnect is coming from. Design has their idea about what Whim is great at (PvE with lots of targets) and you want to to kill a single target and pull from really long range(more applicable for PvP). Maybe I am off base with that, but given that your videos are all shot in a PvP zone...

I don't know that we will be able to make further changes this week, as the team is pushing toward a number of milestones (expansion and Valentines events) and I am out of the office all week for a seminar. But you are very much on my mind, as I hope this reply can attest (since I am managing to post it on Sat morning between getting my kids up, fed, dressed and off to our early morning swimm class). Let me know what you think and I will be checking back when I can.

Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Ill try to be as constructive as i can

6 enemies in pvp is absolutely more than enough since the most you can encounter is 5 but in pve 6 is just not enough when you fight big elite crowds with plenty of long range shooters.

I suggest to increase the number of enemies to each pull and maybe, just maybe decrease the damage a bit but just in pve

For pvp a small pull range is practically unfit since the pet is usually standing behind its master so youll need the original 14mm pull and 100% pull since it is an ARCANE rarity pet and we expect nothing less.

Also as a pvp aspect you can decrease the pull max to 4 or 5 but increase the damage cause if it just pulls and doesnt root snare or stun atleast let it do real damage and not a tickle.

Im no developer and have no idea how to separate pve from pvp abilities but if its possible i feel itll be fair, this pet will definitely still not be OP in anyway as it doesnt super buff/super debuffs and it doesnt stun enemies leaving them unable to protect themselves, itll just be a pet people will actually want to own and use.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Guys,

I appreciate your follow up regarding the Brothers Whim. As I understand it, the pull does what it does in two waves of 6, to pull in up to 12 targets. That is a lot. The damage was refactored to account for that upper number of targets. I think this is where the disconnect is coming from. Design has their idea about what Whim is great at (PvE with lots of targets) and you want to to kill a single target and pull from really long range(more applicable for PvP). Maybe I am off base with that, but given that your videos are all shot in a PvP zone...

I don't know that we will be able to make further changes this week, as the team is pushing toward a number of milestones (expansion and Valentines events) and I am out of the office all week for a seminar. But you are very much on my mind, as I hope this reply can attest (since I am managing to post it on Sat morning between getting my kids up, fed, dressed and off to our early morning swimm class). Let me know what you think and I will be checking back when I can.

Samhayne
    Hey Sam,

I do videos in a PvP zone so it's easier to show as I can control the distance of players to show just how small the range really is. However, the most recent one was in Southern Seas as that too is an appropriate map to highlight the range. The range shown is to be 5mm or around that area and the mobs still are failed to pull.

I really got this pet to run records with and PvE with as the crit on the pet, along with the lack of mana regen is far too low for me to actually be effective in PvP in it. The thing is, y'all are trying to limit the pet's potential in PvP - which is fine, but from my perspective, it's already limited and there are much more cost efficient & effective pets suitable for PvP.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I wouldn't go that far and call Parf an alcoholic, more like experimenting.
    I meant people that would buy,....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I dont mind if the pull is completely disabled in pvp, as i said before: the lack of stun or panic ability already puts me on a disadvantage over samael/slag owners. My problem is when i bought this pet,he got a very useful ability on elite maps, now its just similar to an epic pet. I think thats not even be a question to reverse its range back to 14m in pve,because thats why i bought.

This is elite brackenride village:

Before pull

After pull

whim was able to pull all of the mobs,now not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    14m pull, unable to dodge, 1 sec stun (or 3 sec snare), pull works only in pve--problem solved

Exactly this should be the solution.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Yup...the stats of this pet are not even suitable for PvP. However, they are awesome in PvE.

For PvP, I'll use Samael, but I don't want an arcane pet that is pitiful in both aspects of the game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Yea, the range is cringe worthy - I'm jumping on Zeus's bandwagon and saying for an arcane pet they should be grabbing the map at 14mm and smashing mobs into next week. Especially after seeing how massive Singe's AA range is. But hey, if that's too much then at least go with 12mm or something a little more modest.

Right now no matter how you look at it the pull range does look more on the stingy side, tbh.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

The first form of whim is better then the 2 REVISED versions, smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    The first form of whim is better then the 2 REVISED versions, smh.
    Sadly, I feel the same way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Wow amazing solution,

Pulls in pve,

Stuns in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1453818
    Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Yup...the stats of this pet are not even suitable for PvP. However, they are awesome in PvE.

For PvP, I'll use Samael, but I don't want an arcane pet that is pitiful in both aspects of the game...
    I like the pull in PvP. For a warrior this pet is useless in pve since its hopeless for warriors and timed runs.

I use the pull in tdm a lot and when it works its very powerful.

Take away the pull and then you'll see even less variety in pets since Sam's stun/panic will be better than a given whims stun.

Let's keep this pet different with its unique ability instead of a remix of others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I like the pull in PvP. For a warrior this pet is useless in pve since its hopeless for warriors and timed runs.

Take away the pull and then you'll see even less variety in pets since Sam's stun/panic will be better than a given whims stun.

Let's keep this pet different with its unique ability instead of a remix of others.
    Powerful? The range is literally 5mm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

Use frosteye then, the range is now exact same.

Küldve az én Nexus 4-emről

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Guys,

Samhayne
    I don't know if its supposed to do what it does in two waves of six, to make twelve, but it almost never even pulls in six. Also it ALWAYS only pulls in the mobs closest to it now and the range is just terrible. everyone ive spoken to with the pet, is incredibly unhappy with it, and sick and tired of the wasted updates. I mean really sam, you guys claim to listen to feedback, but i feel like im talking to my 5 year old son. He hears the parts he wants to hear and then comes up with his own idea, which is usually really bad mind you..lol.

The solution to the problem is simple;

Kill that thought process of two pets. Noone looks at them that way and its obviously creating design flaws galore. Simplify.. Have them act together.

Extend the damn range, Its really really small, so small i don't know how you justify it anymore. The pet has dropped down to legendary rarity outside of the happiness bonus, its absurd!

Pull farthest mobs first, that was a great idea.. No matter where it came from.. Lol. It really is common sense.

Have the attack enact faster, OR add a very short snare.. Im sorry but this is also common sense.. The attack is slow, the mobs with any AI that tells them to move away to do their attacking(archers..) ALMOST ALWAYS get missed.

Arcane rarity pet, just below singe, listed above. Current pet? Legendary frosteye with slightly buffed happiness bonuses.

And don't give me that mess about we cant do this we don't have time rigt now.. Its some slight numerical changes in your coding of the pet. It can be changed in a few minutes. If you don't do it it wont be for a lack of time, unless you just cant decide whether to make your customers happy with a TWO MONTH OLD pet.

Lots of folks spent lots of time and money here, not me i was blessed. But they had a totally different pet when they cracked the egg. Respect them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Let's Talk About the Brothers Whim

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    I don't know if its supposed to do what it does in two waves of six, to make twelve, but it almost never even pulls in six. Also it ALWAYS only pulls in the mobs closest to it now and the range is just terrible. everyone ive spoken to with the pet, is incredibly unhappy with it, and sick and tired of the wasted updates. I mean really sam, you guys claim to listen to feedback, but i feel like im talking to my 5 year old son. He hears the parts he wants to hear and then comes up with his own idea, which is usually really bad mind you..lol.

The solution to the problem is simple;

Kill that thought process of two pets. Noone looks at them that way and its obviously creating design flaws galore. Simplify.. Have them act together.

Extend the damn range, Its really really small, so small i don't know how you justify it anymore. The pet has dropped down to legendary rarity outside of the happiness bonus, its absurd!

Pull farthest mobs first, that was a great idea.. No matter where it came from.. Lol. It really is common sense.

Have the attack enact faster, OR add a very short snare.. Im sorry but this is also common sense.. The attack is slow, the mobs with any AI that tells them to move away to do their attacking(archers..) ALMOST ALWAYS get missed.

Arcane rarity pet, just below singe, listed above. Current pet? Legendary frosteye with slightly buffed happiness bonuses.

And don't give me that mess about we cant do this we don't have time rigt now.. Its some slight numerical changes in your coding of the pet. It can be changed in a few minutes. If you don't do it it wont be for a lack of time, unless you just cant decide whether to make your customers happy with a TWO MONTH OLD pet.

Lots of folks spent lots of time and money here, not me i was blessed. But they had a totally different pet when they cracked the egg. Respect them
    Agree, sts are not doing anything reasonable. They have claimed that this pet is only good for PvE, yet they keep nerfing it because it's too OP in PvP?....@&$))!?'

Last edited by kixkaxx; 02-02-2014 at 08:03 AM.