Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP Legend of the Week Discussion Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #81
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    So I was testing on my mage. I bought all (relatively good) Lv. 36 epic items [INT/STR]. I have come to say that Lifegiver is rather useless with epic gear. It only heals 10-25% (with a damage pet). Any thoughts on this?
    If the first couple of weeks seem like there is a clear winner than we will go class vs class. But we will only do 1 class per week. Lets give is 2-3 weeks and see.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    If the first couple of weeks seem like there is a clear winner than we will go class vs class. But we will only do 1 class per week. Lets give is 2-3 weeks and see.
    Thank you for the reply.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The title has my name written all over it, I'm already making plans on what to spend my plat on, btw Great Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Delph, are there only two people selected per week? Thats not a lot considering 40+ people will enter and it'll be a random selection.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

2 people per week and prolly some of us will never get a chance lol...thats like 8 people per month and 96 people per year :/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Endkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Don't forget everyone, that these big tough warriors you're worried about are going to be down below 1/2 their normal armor and have way less hp than they are used to. Unless someone spends time actually using epics, the difference is likely to throw warriors off balance - much more than other classes.

In 36 gemmed epics - including epic jewlery - rogues can still get pretty decent stats too. I'm really looking forward to this event. The search for the best epics is a great idea to get people through the last coupke of weeks before expansion - and make them think before mindlessly emptying inventory while exploring the new zones too.

Thanks Delph!
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:1463337
    Delph, are there only two people selected per week? Thats not a lot considering 40+ people will enter and it'll be a random selection.
    Its just a fancy weekly raffle but with a slight twist of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Wow, this idea is just awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

What I propose is:

Select 6 people to 1v1(3 matches)
    All of the 3 matches will take place in one CTF room
    The winner of each 1v1 will receive 20 platinum and an interview.
    The runner up gets 10 plat.

This gives more people a chance to win platinum + share their opinions.
    Last edited by Bless; 02-08-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Is the post up? Cant seem to find it.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #91
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wewt
    Last edited by Xcelz; 02-10-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xcelz:1466115
    Name:Xcelx
    Class:rogue
    LVL 35
    Wrong thread lol
    !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

i love this idea, and i think that if everyone is wearing only epics, it would test their skill, not their budget :P
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Hello Delph, unfortunately, I have some bad news for you. I've tested out some of these 1v1's with a few friends of mine, and would like to share the results. As far as mage vs rogue or warrior, the mage will always, and I repeat, always lose. With only epic gear and high-end, legendary ring and amulet, a mage cannot dish out much damage. The rogue can tank out the fight against the mage with EASE, stuns are useless, because we can't even do decent damage, and most of this is because of our lack of crit with epic gear. Without a pet and crit passive, I barely reach 4% crit, which is literally nothing. So if you are a mage, and you have signed up for the tourney, pray that you will be paired up with another mage. I have two capped toons, a warrior and a mage. So this time, I tried with my warrior. Mages are ridiculously easy to kill. By the time Horn of Renewal is finished with its cd, I would still have 70-85% health, which is mindblowing. I have only 1v1'd one rogue against my warrior, and it lasted for at least 5 minutes. But we had to stop out of boredom, because no one could dish out enough damage to kill the other before each of their heal cd finished. I didn't even have to use Juggernaut, because hardly any damage was done. The only problem I found with warriors and rogues were the mana issues (we were in a party so I could tell). Even with Valkin, there wasn't enough mana to support you, the only option I had was Nexus, and Nexus doesn't give the best stats I could want as far as damage, which I need to kill the opponent. The only way the opponent would win was if they ran out of mana (when we weren't using Nexus), and the rogue would win, because they have more damage output and DPS than a warrior does. Now, don't even get me started on a warrior vs warrior fight. Delphina, you would retire before that fight even ended, that is, if it even ends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Hello Delph, unfortunately, I have some bad news for you. I've tested out some of these 1v1's with a few friends of mine, and would like to share the results. As far as mage vs rogue or warrior, the mage will always, and I repeat, always lose. With only epic gear and high-end, legendary ring and amulet, a mage cannot dish out much damage. The rogue can tank out the fight against the mage with EASE, stuns are useless, because we can't even do decent damage, and most of this is because of our lack of crit with epic gear. Without a pet and crit passive, I barely reach 4% crit, which is literally nothing. So if you are a mage, and you have signed up for the tourney, pray that you will be paired up with another mage. I have two capped toons, a warrior and a mage. So this time, I tried with my warrior. Mages are ridiculously easy to kill. By the time Horn of Renewal is finished with its cd, I would still have 70-85% health, which is mindblowing. I have only 1v1'd one rogue against my warrior, and it lasted for at least 5 minutes. But we had to stop out of boredom, because no one could dish out enough damage to kill the other before each of their heal cd finished. I didn't even have to use Juggernaut, because hardly any damage was done. The only problem I found with warriors and rogues were the mana issues (we were in a party so I could tell). Even with Valkin, there wasn't enough mana to support you, the only option I had was Nexus, and Nexus doesn't give the best stats I could want as far as damage, which I need to kill the opponent. The only way the opponent would win was if they ran out of mana (when we weren't using Nexus), and the rogue would win, because they have more damage output and DPS than a warrior does. Now, don't even get me started on a warrior vs warrior fight. Delphina, you would retire before that fight even ended, that is, if it even ends
    Hi instant. I really believe you that mage really lose 90-100% of the time. But i haven't tried to fight yet 1vs1 with all classes so i can't say 100%. If you are free on friday night or saturday whole day (PST) i would happily try to fight against a warr and see. Anyway, you said that you only have about 4% crit with the epic gears and legendary ring and amu. I got about 12-15% crit with my gears with no pet equipped. I couldn't remember the exact number because i am currently socketing gems on my gears so i can't check them out right now. I will check it again as soon as they are finished.
    Raymonddr (SORCERER) / Raymonddrjr (ROGUE) / Raymondjdr (WARRIOR)
    Member of ELITE RUNNERS
    RETIRED for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond05 View Post
    Hi instant. I really believe you that mage really lose 90-100% of the time. But i haven't tried to fight yet 1vs1 with all classes so i can't say 100%. If you are free on friday night or saturday whole day (PST) i would happily try to fight against a warr and see. Anyway, you said that you only have about 4% crit with the epic gears and legendary ring and amu. I got about 12-15% crit with my gears with no pet equipped. I couldn't remember the exact number because i am currently socketing gems on my gears so i can't check them out right now. I will check it again as soon as they are finished.
    Sure, no problem. The 4% was a bit of an exaggeration, mind me, since I couldn't recall the exact number, but I know that it didn't surpass 10%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Sure, no problem. The 4% was a bit of an exaggeration, mind me, since I couldn't recall the exact number, but I know that it didn't surpass 10%.
    Goob, PM me also. I'd like to test it out on my mage. In this case PvE in PvP might work, if you catch my drift

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Goob, PM me also. I'd like to test it out on my mage. In this case PvE in PvP might work, if you catch my drift
    Yes, I catch your drift... Timeshift ftw!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

lol, first week all warriors

sidebets going on how long it takes. i'm calling 1 hour.