Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Player Egos - Tired of hearing about it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    You know what the problem here is? You're separating yourself from others based on when they started playing. I only started playing a few mos ago, but I do regular runs with people who have been here since April, as well as those who have been here only a few weeks.

If those of you complaining about what all the "pro" players are doing to you like booting you or not giving you stuff, etc, would just play instead, you'd get a lot further.

Ugh a little while ago, some random person I never met pmed me to ask for money bc I wrote something about gold now being worthless. WTF if I don't know you, don't ask me for handouts. Ugh I just don't understand what's with all these people these days who think that those of us who worked our way to getting all our gear, etc, owe them something because they're poor.

Take a lesson from Seratonin. I don't think she's been here long (correct me if I'm wrong), but I've been doing a lot of cyber quest runs with her. My group always clears middle and at least keeper, Ol, Gurg. If we feel like it we do plothozz and mynas. Sera has been running with us and has never slowed us down, even when she's dying all over the place . She also mentioned she needed a laser wand, but only ever asked if we were selling or knew anyone who was selling. And asked if we could add plothozz to the mix so she might loot one. She never begged for one. Yesterday we did a plothozz run together and I looted a wand. I laughed, she didn't ask for it or anything, and I gave it to her.

Show your worth instead of complaining to everyone and maybe, just maybe, they'll be more willing to invite you to their games and/or help out with equipment.

End of rant. For now.

And hope I didn't embarass you Sera . I do think other loaded could learn a thing or two from you.
    I have played longer then sera and have more forum posts then her but yet she plays with easily 50 times more forum people and pros then I do. Its nothing to do with skill, its based on the players personality and playability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'm just pointing out that she's made a point of finding people to play with, rather than complaining about the lvl 50 "oldies." Complaining about and insulting the very people you want to welcome you, is not the best way to get the job done.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I'm just pointing out that she's made a point of finding people to play with, rather than complaining about the lvl 50 "oldies." Complaining about and insulting the very people you want to welcome you, is not the best way to get the job done.
    great point. IF you get a good friend basis then you wont even have a reason to complain. Because thats who you will be playing with and good friends don't insult or boot you for no reason. I guess thats my problem :P, I spend like zero time on getting PL friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yep, once you're friends, you forgive little mistakes (I wrote a little while back about my team of close friends stealing the Gurg orbs while I was the only Mage. I got momentarily annoyed, but then we went back to playing as usual.)

The game was not as fun for me before I built up a good group of friends to call on. And if no one on my friends list is online, I'll usually log right out.

But you're not gonna make friends by creating posts like this. How 'bout creating a useful post instead, like "Looking for lvl so and so players to farm plothozz." that's what I did when I noticed everyone was only farming keeper, and I found many people willing to join me. Try it. You might be surprised.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Are you 21, because you really deserve to be bought a beer for that!
    Nope, but i still drink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly.. Why do you care? Some immature kid telling you crap???

Guess what? In the end, it doesn't matter. When those people die, are they going to put Pocket Legends Level 50 on their gravestone??? I hope so. Cause THAT is laughable!

Repeat after me... Pocket Legends is JUST A GAME.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

^^^ Obviously me and you are not on the same level.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I was playing with some fifties all decked out in tie dye who were 'rushing' the keeper. Were these guys oldies? Gawd I hope not ... Was watching their mana, and it was rarely moving. Shield goes down, and some of their mana bar's barely move. I don't care what you are wearing or how long you think you have been playing, but if the keepers shield is down and your mana bar is not being depleted, you are a NOOB.

ps. To those who say 'm/s' or 'mana pots', if you are using your skills right, your mana bar will look like a music beat

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    ^^^ Obviously me and you are not on the same level.
    Obviously... and I believe the proper way to state that is "You and I".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by screamer View Post
    Obviously... and I believe the proper way to state that is "You and I".
    Well obviously I put me first because YOU are not important.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    ps. To those who say 'm/s' or 'mana pots', if you are using your skills right, your mana bar will look like a music beat
    Mine only does when I take aggro. I spam all spells so fast that times wait idly for a second or two while all my spells cool down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    I like to play with slinkies! They are just so much fun!
    cheers kavanah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Pharcyde;146346]Well obviously I put me first because YOU are not important.

Wow... Good for you!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

^^^ Yup yup. Mmk you can stop talking to me now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know what the problem here is? You're separating yourself from others based on when they started playing. I only started playing a few mos ago, but I do regular runs with people who have been here since April, as well as those who have been here only a few weeks.

If those of you complaining about what all the "pro" players are doing to you like booting you or not giving you stuff, etc, would just play instead, you'd get a lot further.

Ugh a little while ago, some random person I never met pmed me to ask for money bc I wrote something about gold now being worthless. WTF if I don't know you, don't ask me for handouts. Ugh I just don't understand what's with all these people these days who think that those of us who worked our way to getting all our gear, etc, owe them something because they're poor.

Take a lesson from Seratonin. I don't think she's been here long (correct me if I'm wrong), but I've been doing a lot of cyber quest runs with her. My group always clears middle and at least keeper, Ol, Gurg. If we feel like it we do plothozz and mynas. Sera has been running with us and has never slowed us down, even when she's dying all over the place . She also mentioned she needed a laser wand, but only ever asked if we were selling or knew anyone who was selling. And asked if we could add plothozz to the mix so she might loot one. She never begged for one. Yesterday we did a plothozz run together and I looted a wand. I laughed, she didn't ask for it or anything, and I gave it to her.

Show your worth instead of complaining to everyone and maybe, just maybe, they'll be more willing to invite you to their games and/or help out with equipment.

End of rant. For now.

And hope I didn't embarass you Sera . I do think other players could learn a thing or two from you.
    No, not at all, I enjoy giving things away, because it makes the community better, and helps people. Plus, they like you for your generosity, not your items =p Balonia needed a gurgox eye, I gave her my extra And thanks a bunch for that wand! farming is SO much easier now that I don't have to pot all the time for mana! Mana regen is highly recommended for farming. btw, birds are squishy, =p and LOLbarrels are funny.

On topic: I only started playing at the end of Nov. I have two lvl 50's, I have completed all except the elite snowball/yeti quests on my main, and a few of the new swamp quests(still working on those), I have done cyber quests for both of my 50's, I have met, and gained a lot of new and good friends, and when we run things, we help each other out. You have to find the kind of people you like to hang out with. Just give it time, and you will find like minded people, and you can hang out with them. I REALLY wish they had a guilds system, it's hard to keep track of people, and I try to help out with as much as I can, but I can only do one thing at a time too. I may be a droid gen player, but I did not power level my main (I did on Species), because I wanted to get the full experience before taking shortcuts. It helps you learn the game. I do help power level from 47-50 though because that is a really long grind, and it is so demotivating to run and run and run, and wait for a level up.

Playing an MMO is 99% about the community and who you play with. If you have good friends, then everything else just falls into place Be a good friend, help others when they need help, just do your best to be a good(as in positive attitude, fun to play with, generous, helpful) player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I have played longer then sera and have more forum posts then her but yet she plays with easily 50 times more forum people and pros then I do. Its nothing to do with skill, its based on the players personality and playability.
    That's what friends arefor, you fall into playing with people you are comfortable with, and you will have a good MMO experience.

Yep, once you're friends, you forgive little mistakes (I wrote a little while back about my team of close friends stealing the Gurg orbs while I was the only Mage. I got momentarily annoyed, but then we went back to playing as usual.)

The game was not as fun for me before I built up a good group of friends to call on. And if no one on my friends list is online, I'll usually log right out.

But you're not gonna make friends by creating posts like this. How 'bout creating a useful post instead, like "Looking for lvl so and so players to farm plothozz." that's what I did when I noticed everyone was only farming keeper, and I found many people willing to join me. Try it. You might be surprised.
    I read that post, and I thought 'oops, I was doing that too' so now if a mage is near, I let the mage grab the orb, and just rev me. No point in killing the one with the defibrilator. =p
    Last edited by Seratonin; 12-16-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    [B]Level 50 Cyber Void Full Dex Archer: Seratonin, Level 50 (Experimental) Dex/IntMage, Cyber Cosmos, Void: Species,
    Cross-eyed yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Heres what im gonna say, then everyone is gonna stfu and let this ****ty thread die.

Dont blame oldies, for your lazyness.

People who are oldies, remember the times when we couldnt buy full pink, we had to farm forever to get it.
    Get on a level 25. farm full pink of that characters class in fathom, then tell me that you have it hard.

So shut the **** up, and go farm.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

^^^ That is why the oldies are Kings.

Not because they "think" themselves kings they ARE kings.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have played long enough to be called a middle-aged player, edging on oldie, although I did join PL after 1 month of ao2 had gone by(it's been 4 months since then I think?). Throughout my time here I have found that sometimes it is very hard to get what you want, and others that playing is a breeze ( with getting good games, friends, and nerfed maps). Recently I created a new Mage, and played it up to 46. Along the way I encountered many players few of whome were oldies. While playing him it has never been difficult to find a game to play in. If I wish to play a certain game then I host it, wait maybe a minute and then start soloing. By some weird pattern people will join up after I kill the first hallway. Generally these people know what they are doing, we play, and all are happy. On that character I have 2 friends (Royce and a new dude), Royce who I talk to, and the other I occasionally play with. Even without a large friend base, it is not difficult for me to find games. If gear is an issue, and it is difficult to find games where they will let in a new gen player (because of crap gear), then give your personality a smack and make some friends- who if you are smart, will understand your situation and play with you until such time as you have accumulated enough money/gear so that you may join anyone. At that point start creating your own games (and have enough physical reputation to pull egotistical oldies in), at which point you will make farming buddies and then you are set. Of course it is wise to A) only make one character, and B) actually be able to play PL well(which should NOT be that hard to accomplish) if you actually hope to accomplish anything as a starting player.

On the ego part.... I have read all you oldies posts and... *coughegocough*

Noobs are noobs are noobs, get over it and yourselves, don't waste electricity typing stupid flamatory comments- try for some constructive criticism. By writing such bashful, hateful comments you not only harm the target, you also are injuring the devs.. Unuseful comments only work to undermine the reputation and public integrity of the PL community, and discourages players from downloading, playing, paying, and overall enjoying the PL experience.

Btw: I'm tired sorry for rambling
    Last edited by Gaabob; 12-17-2010 at 12:27 AM.
    gaabob - lv50 pally/mage; gaabobtwo - lv50 dual bird; gaabobthree - lv50 intbear/strbear; gaabobfour - lv50 dextress; gaabobfive - lv50 bowbear; gaabobtwink - lv20 intbear twink; deathsparkles - lv20 bird twink; a mule; and a lv47 ao2 farmer

EaSt, TeXaS> Out In Sticks ,Huntin For Some Deer,Hog,Fish,A New Gun,Drinkin Beer And Wasting Bullets
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i roll on some missions with anyone that invites me cause i need to level up from a 46 to a 50 i need to catch with all you new folks ...everybody hav some fun and rem lets roll together an kiK A$$ and take names
    Darkchylde<>WarriorNinerlife<>ArcherRhowen<>Witch ME...IN A GUILD?!?...HELL, NAH!!!!! !!!!!HOOK EM HORNS
    AwAy WE GO //WhIsKeY bUrNs Me uP,wInE tUrNs AlL My tEeTh Red,TeQuIlLa mAkEs Me LoCo,ChAmPgNe HuRtS mY hEaD....Im JuS a COLD BEER DRANKER CHECK OUT MY POP TOP FANGER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The best way to get the items is to buy it. Earning money is easy as you can find some threads that teaches you where to go and earn fast money.
    That way your chances of getting the weapons and armors is easier and faster. All you need is hard work although it might be bored earning and farming money.