Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Classbalance endgame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Magnum has lost versus Pride quite often. I daresay much more often than Pride loses to Magnum. If your guild is willing, I can make a video of Pride v Magnum with the top players of each guild in a 5v5 and then post on this thread. What say you, Ctf?
    Much more often?

There are already videos on youtube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    1. I dont have 10m. Not everybody is a little rich kiddy like you.

2. Its obvious that you will win more often with full myth (ok you had the better archon ring *lol* /arcane vs half legendary (runic ring not archon!) equipped mage... You know you lost more than once, i know it - period. Perhaps it was the time when i was full myth too but you still had samael vs my legendary pet. We can do this when my gear is competitive again some day so not before expansion.

Lets say 99,9% of warriors - yes but yr rogues n mages? LMAO! You made my day - not the first time!

Again, please STOP TROLLIN MY THREAD - make your own and play there - TY! I will not answer you anymore! Just GO AWAY!
    Just want to make this clear, I'm better than you.

Deal with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Okokoklkok only issue i got here is that maxed warriors beat maxed rogues more often, with 5 skills. Tying the best warriors is an accomplishment tbh. With the mage i consider to be the very best mage i went 10-8 jn favor of me, but he was having sht ping. I think if it was all 4 skills the statistics above would be close to accurate. But its not because wars with 5 skills are op.

Point is that i think mages and rogues are ok, but wars are definitely pretty tough.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Okay, so a new build came out. Doesn't mean we rogues are OP. We just thought outside of the box.

Remember when curse was embraced by a few sorcs in S3? Then it became a HIT in S4? Rogues didnt know how to counter it, until people used their brains and counterstrategised.

Now its time for you guys to rethink your tactics
    I've tried.. The only tactic is to get better gear, which isn't supposed to be a tactic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

When i read the title of the thread i don't know why but i feel like i am seeing "Casablanca Endgame" instead of "Classbalance Endgame". XD
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1465310
    Okay, so a new build came out. Doesn't mean we rogues are OP. We just thought outside of the box.

Remember when curse was embraced by a few sorcs in S3? Then it became a HIT in S4? Rogues didnt know how to counter it, until people used their brains and counterstrategised.

Now its time for you guys to rethink your tactics
    I've tried.. The only tactic is to get better gear, which isn't supposed to be a tactic.
    Think outside the box!
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Much more often?

There are already videos on youtube.
    More often than*

To me, as long as the post is understandable - it's fine. It's not like college essays or SATs where I am very careful with what words I choose to write on paper. So, to critique a perfectly understandable post is just petty.

Secondly, yes there are - however, another video won't hurt!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

More often than*

To me, as long as the post is understandable - it's fine. It's not like college essays or SATs where I am very careful with what words I choose to write on paper. So, to critique a perfectly understandable post is just petty.

Secondly, yes there are - however, another video won't hurt!
    I was asking if pride does in fact actually win more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

You two are exactly why STS doesn't seem to care to make changes. I wouldn't bother reading this thread to see If there was a valid point in it or not. Every thread falls apart and is so far off topic by he second page as to be meaningless.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox:1465405
    You two are exactly why STS doesn't seem to care to make changes. I wouldn't bother reading this thread to see If there was a valid point in it or not. Every thread falls apart and is so far off topic by he second page as to be meaningless.
    Truth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Think outside the box!
    Honestly, that's a bit hypocritical when you used to say that there wasn't really a way for rogues to win mages and that they're OP. The only person that really did the thinking out of the box is me, everybody else just uses it now that I put it for public use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1466757
    Think outside the box!
    Honestly, that's a bit hypocritical when you used to say that there wasn't really a way for rogues to win mages and that they're OP. The only person that really did the thinking out of the box is me, everybody else just uses it now that I put it for public use.
    Rogues nowadays just don't have unique builds anymore. They are all the same apart form tactics, nobody thinks beyond the norm...Anyways the skill tree doesnt give us much to think outside the box with...During the respec weekend I tried razer, but since dodge is useless in pvp, I replaced it with my old build.

I could still beat curse mages very easily without veil, but since veil absorbs a lot of damage your method is good for when I vs arcane mages. The problem with veil versus non curse users is that not enough damage is put out, so (for me anyways) its arguably riskier to fight mages like Arrypotta with veil.

Otherwise you could just go defensive (or better yet, dodge curse completely) when curse is active and snipe easily afterwards.
    Last edited by Bless; 02-10-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Bless actually talked to me about this build a few weeks ago, i rejected viel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Bless actually talked to me about this build a few weeks ago, i rejected viel.
    He said, she said nonsense. The question is, who ended up actually putting it to work and using it? My point remains the same regardless. If I may, I suggest that you take the suggestion of thinking out of the box & put it to use against skill swappers.

These are the facts:

1. When there is a problem that affects you or Bless, y'all complain. Instead of working around it, illogical arguments are started with fallacious claims.
    2. Once you and Bless have your mind set on something about a specific issue, you and him stick to only that & do not attempt to work around it.
    3. When something does not affect you or Bless, you tell people hypocritical advice when you cannot take the advice yourself.

@Miracle
    The thing is, Nox is useless versus mages anyways due to curse, so having it in the build is rather pointless. Charged bow stun + veil should be very very effective against mages.

Exhibition A:

• Skill Swapping
    If I am not mistaken, you created a topic about it in Suggestions & Feedback. Now, Bless supports the issue. Honestly, I do as well. However, when it comes to a sorcerer's weakness, your argument to not buff them up is that classes were not meant to 1v1. Newsflash: Skill Swapping really only effects 1v1s as skill swapping in a 5v5 WILL get you killed. So, skill swapping is purely a 1v1 issue yet, while a sorcerer's strength in 1v1 is also a 1v1 issue - y'all shut it down.

I'm honestly a bit tired of it & I think other people are as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-10-2014 at 09:28 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

He said, she said nonsense. The question is, who ended up actually putting it to work and using it? My point remains the same regardless. If I may, I suggest that you take the suggestion of thinking out of the box & put it to use against skill swappers.

These are the facts:

1. When there is a problem that affects you or Bless, y'all complain. Instead of working around it, illogical arguments are started with fallacious claims.
    2. Once you and Bless have your mind set on something about a specific issue, you and him stick to only that & do not attempt to work around it.
    3. When something does not affect you or Bless, you tell people hypocritical advice when you cannot take the advice yourself.

@Miracle
    The thing is, Nox is useless versus mages anyways due to curse, so having it in the build is rather pointless. Charged bow stun + veil should be very very effective against mages.

Exhibition A:

• Skill Swapping
    If I am not mistaken, you created a topic about it in Suggestions & Feedback. Now, Bless supports the issue. Honestly, I do as well. However, when it comes to a sorcerer's weakness, your argument to not buff them up is that classes were not meant to 1v1. Newsflash: Skill Swapping really only effects 1v1s as skill swapping in a 5v5 WILL get you killed. So, skill swapping is purely a 1v1 issue yet, while a sorcerer's strength in 1v1 is also a 1v1 issue - y'all shut it down.

I'm honestly a bit tired of it & I think other people are as well.
    What i see is you taking credit for "inventing" something you didn't.
    You are not the first one to use viel in PvP, people have used it since season 2 @ pvp release..

I used viel in mage vses since season 2.

Another example

Kraag cannon game-
    You made a post about RIGHT after I showed you.
    Seriously?

Argument to not buff them? I asked for buffs, read my dodge thread.

Narcism...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

im sorry what.. are we talking about class balances or rogues build against mages.?..i got lost in this topic.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Lets say all classes are full mythic with samael and nearly equal skillz.

A short look at 1on1:

warrior vs mage: NO CONTEST 100/0 for warrior
    Mage vs rogue: 70/30 for mage
    Rogue vs warrior: 60/40

The rogue can beat both classes, the warrior can beat both classes... the mage can beat the rogues sometimes but has NOOO CHANCE vs a warrior. Cool story, isnt it?

Now lets have a look at tdm 4vs4:

Count the number of warriors in each team and you know the winner... There is NO DOUBT about this!!! Jugger and VB as warrior skills are totally OP! The warriors will survive all those rogues, mages anyway...

So my question:

Will there be any changes next season regarding pvp and the imbaness of the warrior class or not?
    lol arguable.. doesnt always happen. it depends on who the warriors are and you shouldve known already bec i wasnt sure who i was with..may have been u.. i cant remember

one warrior (me) + two mage + rogue vs 4 warriors - and we won..
    it really just depends on who ur with..how well everyone work together.. not those ppl who solo and expect to win 4v1.. then say "GANG!" when theres 4 on each side.

never really believed pauls theory before but now i do.
    i would chose 3 mages(decent) + me .. vs 4 warriors ANYDAY

and again.. mages can beat a warrior.. depends on who again .. arcane mauler probably not whole big chance
    but fighting a warrior is strategic... everyone got weakness. aim for heal failed.. most warriors (against mages) dont heal until below 50%
    if they heal failed.. theyre probably gonna die before u know it

i guess just lure out each classes weaknesses.. then do diff tactic based on it.
    Last edited by inkredible; 02-10-2014 at 10:01 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I could still beat curse mages very easily without veil, but since veil absorbs a lot of damage your method is good for when I vs arcane mages. The problem with veil versus non curse users is that not enough damage is put out, so (for me anyways) its arguably riskier to fight mages like Arrypotta with veil.
    Doesn't veil give an armor bonus? Isn't that relatively what you want? If I were a rogue, I would find all the means necessary to stay alive until the mage's shield expires, then one/two-shot the mage easy, or is that not a good tactic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

What i see is you taking credit for "inventing" something you didn't.
    You are not the first one to use viel in PvP, people have used it since season 2 @ pvp release..

I used viel in mage vses since season 2.

Another example

Kraag cannon game-
    You made a post about RIGHT after I showed you.
    Seriously?

Argument to not buff them? I asked for buffs, read my dodge thread.

Narcism...
    I didn't take credit for it - did you see me ever claiming rights to that? I created that thread as a fun activity for others to do, not something to take credit for so I honestly do not see how you can compare the two. Those that played since the Kraag cap know about this game already. Heck, the people that play with me most of the time, I do not need to explain the rules for. So tell me, how am I claiming credit for it? I just made it into a weekly forum game. Even in game, I said CTF showed me when people ask how I found out. Heck, I'll even say it now: you told me about that game.

Secondly, I've seen you fight - you don't use veil and you do not use 5 skills but after I post the build, suddenly people are using it. If people did know about it and realized how effective it was, why wasn't it used before? There are literally no weaknesses to the build as if needed, a rogue can always swap out veil for noxious bolt. So, tell me - if people had already thought of it, why haven't they been using it?

As for your last point, there are posts made in Bless's and your recent post history to show that you did not want anything to do with fixing sorcerers. The reason why you suggest a buff for sorcerers now is because it will be easier to fight a slightly buffed sorcerer as opposed to one that uses 5 skills.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

I didn't take credit for it - did you see me ever claiming rights to that? I created that thread as a fun activity for others to do, not something to take credit for so I honestly do not see how you can compare the two..

i think he meant this.. kind of sounded like u were taking credit.. misunderstood? :/

Last edited by inkredible; 02-10-2014 at 10:05 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post: