Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Developing Story: Arcane Shards Discovered in Mount Rockhorn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Attachment 64323
    Arcane Crafting Coming to Arlor

The exciting part of using Crafting for this is the possibilities for the future. While we will only use Crafting for this initial new Arcane Ring, it may extend to old Arcane Items and additional new ones.
    We will continue our research and update you as we learn more!

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi everyone,

We do not currently have plans to create a means for existing Mythic or Arcane items to be upgraded in the Dragon Enclave expansion.

Samhayne
    Legends Producer

Who to believe?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just new way to make u put ur money in their pockets with buyin plats...

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sibayjing View Post
    Who to believe?
    Both of them are correct, Samhayne stated there are no plans during the Dragon Clave expansion, but come to think of it; after the expansion maybe that's the time for the old arcanes to use the new upgrading (shards) system
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cant wait..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Nice like the idea atleast very much happy with this decision as um a non plat user thank you sts

GAME: ARCANE LEGENDS
    IGN: Sazib||Ieed LVL: 41
    GUILD: MAGNUM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sazib For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post
    Actually arcane ring will be 75-100m easily since all classes can use it and it will obviously give a sick boost as compared to shayul ring..

Since its not bound to a specific class and can be traded ( unlike pets)… its price will be ALOT...
    If a staff ( bound to mages only) can sell for 60m when released few months ago, dont expect arcane ring to be lesser than 75-100m..

About arcane shards, suppose we craft ring from 2-3 arcane shards.. The price of arcane shards will be 25-40m atleast also keeping in mind arcane shards are arcane items and their drop rates is <0.1%
    I see where you're going, but arcane shards won't be super rare because you need more than 2 to make the arcane item itself...it's like the demonic items in PL. The steels there are 300k but you need 5 or more to make one piece of demonic and times 5 to make a dagger set.

But idk as nothing is set in stone so we can't conclude yet. And you are right, the item may be 50m at the start but after a month I expect it to be 20m. Why? Because it's a ring. Mythic ring was priced lower than the mythic weapons but this is a blatant guess so we have to wait and see.
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Miracle,can ya lend me 100m to buy new ring? :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Attachment 64323

As the heroes of Arlor grow in strength, so grows the Arcane Power flowing throw the Ether. Advance scouts from the isles of Tindirin report the discovery of a most curious anomaly. Tiny crystal shards radiating with Arcane energy!

There is still much to discover about these Arcane Shards, but it seems that when combined with certain essences, they can be transformed into powerful Arcane items!

---------------------------

Creating compelling and exciting new items is one of the many objectives the Development Team has. We are evolving the next Arcane Item (a ring) that will be found in the coming Dragon Enclave expansion to use the Crafting system in its creation.

Tradeable Arcane Shards will be found very rarely from Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

The recipe for the new Arcane Item will be available for those who collect Dragons Teeth, a currency that is most valuable to the inhabitants of Tandirin. Dragons Teeth are only dropped by fearsome Elite Bosses.

The exciting part of using Crafting for this is the possibilities for the future. While we will only use Crafting for this initial new Arcane Ring, it may extend to old Arcane Items and additional new ones.

We will continue our research and update you as we learn more!
    How about the gleipnir (the legendary gleipnir rumored to be the key which unlocks the lost gate) u guys gona use gleipnir to d last gate tht means dragon enclave expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

cool

This is our Pride . . . "Garuda Indonesia"
    Check our site : www.garudaindonesiaguild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What do we do with the teeth?

Sent from my EBM8000FP using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandorix View Post
    Miracle,can ya lend me 100m to buy new ring? :/

LOL 100m? I barely have a solid 1.6m
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    LOL 100m? I barely have a solid 1.6m
    Ok,ill give u few mills on credit. 25% per week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    The way I see it:

1. Making these shards platinum-only would severely limit the number of audience they want to get impressions from by implementing this new system. As said, it's not going to be used solely for arcane rarity items so it'd make more sense to note the opinions of the average future users.

2. I like how the name is specified because it hints that there's a possibility that these shards can be obtained through other means as well. So looting one by means other than opening locked chests would result in bound arcane shards.

3. I don't like the "will be found very rarely" part. I believe in past arcane item releases it was plainly "will rarely drop". Not very!

4. Dragons Teeth will be a new type of story tokens/hauntlet coins. Non tradable. It's very likely that other items/armor/pets will be accessible with it as well.
    1) The best items in the game require these shards. I would imagine that they will have an arcane drop rate since
    they are arcane.

2) I would love to see a bound arcane shard implemented by means of quest or trading in teeth. Once you craft a shard into an arcane item it should, in theory, be more valuable than the original shard. Therefore, it doesn't hurt non plat players as heavily. Of course paying plat will be faster, but I like to think that it is possible without spending absurd amounts of gold on elite chests or buying plat. With all things, time will tell.

3) I believe this critique is a case of over analyzing.

4) An elite only currency required for the best gear, is a fantastic idea IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sundar Moorthi View Post
    How about the gleipnir (the legendary gleipnir rumored to be the key which unlocks the lost gate) u guys gona use gleipnir to d last gate tht means dragon enclave expansion
    Gliepher was used to reach kelesy in the last expansion via the string hold. Done and over with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Some thoughts I have about this:

1) I like this idea very much, some similarities with my Shadow Quest idea I posted a few months back. It makes the game much more interesting and gives us all a big long-term quest to work on. Remember that arcane items are good for 2-3 seasons, so this should be one of those "long haul" quests, NOT one where tons of players have an arcane ring 2 weeks after the expansion.

2) It would be nice if the Arcane Shards also come in Elite Golden Chests from the new campaign, just as arcane weapons were always available in Elite Golden Chests from the previous campaigns. It gives possibilities to non-plat users, and also encourages farming for elite chests.

3) Remember that this is an arcane item, and as such should be as rare as other arcane items. So yes, the shards should be rare enough so that the price of them stays high enough to make this ring worthy of the arcane name. Arcane items usually cost 30-50m during their first season, and this ring should be no less rare and exclusive than that.

4) From the description, I am assuming that Dragons Teeth will be used to buy the recipe. I think the recipe should be tradable. That way elite farmers can grind the elite dungeons, save up Dragons Teeth, buy recipes, and sell them for profit.

5) Make sure to keep the Dragons Teeth rare enough as well. It will become very boring if Dragons Teeth start dropping like essences do, and then the arcane recipes become worthless as everyone has them, and the only real limiting factor for everyone in crafting the arcane ring becomes the Arcane Shards. The Dragons Teeth should be rare enough so that often times someone with enough Arcane Shards is now out there farming for the Dragons Teeth because they still need the recipe.

Another possibility is to make the Dragons Teeth drop often, but make it necessary to collect a very large number of them to purchase the recipe. Something similar to how the ichor quest in Pocket Legends was. Then it would be more of a grind than luck based, which I think could be a good idea.

THIS PART IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT! Having multiple elements of crafting only stays interesting as long as all of the elements are a challenge. Otherwise the non-challenging elements just contribute to time consuming boring tasks that must be completed, but present little challenge. The previous quest of upgrading the mythic helm & armor had too much of that. I think we would all like this new crafting quest to be more of a challenge and much more fun.

Overall, great idea! Just make sure to fine tune it properly.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-23-2014 at 03:57 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Attachment 64323

a currency that is most valuable to the inhabitants of Tandirin.
    tindirin*
    ♕The king of AL has returned♕

Proud member of <21 Jump Street>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Great. This will further separate the rich from the poor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

I hope there is the ability to craft the ring to your stat preferences (assuming there's different types of arcane shards). Either making a balanced ring or tailoring it to your class.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheener View Post
    Great. This will further separate the rich from the poor
    Sounds like it's giving people the option to grind elites for money. So the poor would become middle class or rich with some effort. Just saying