Quote Originally Posted by Aith View Post
Like your build crowsfoot, iv been using ss for the last few days, where it has a decent cd and good dmg, I'll try more of your spec but swap out the ss for chest splitter for the low cd,taunt, and feeble.
Do 3/5 CS if you go this route. The push back and explode upgrades are a waste of points.

In case I didn't mention, these are the identifiable factors in holding aggro in AL:

-taunting skills (duh)
-damage (this is different then many games)
-how close mobs are to you
-how long you have held there attention

If another character grabs the attention of a mob you had been keeping the attention of, you can usually regain the aggro by moving closer to that mob and attacking it. Obviously holding all mobs is impossible in AL.

Remember damage is a factor. I discovered this when a friend, using my spec was running with me and I held repeatably all the aggro. We assumed I was more used to my spec and continued on. However, while PvP speced I was still holding a significant amount of the aggro even though none of my skills had a taunt upgrade (again, running with the same friend who was using my PvE spec). I then realized he had been using SS instead of VB while killing mobs.

The heightened damage from VB allows me to steal aggro. Obviously you sacrifice stun/feeble/ another attack to do this but if you can, I would. HoR's heal is also based off damage, therefore using VB right before is a nice combo.

I will say, that I have met players who couldn't stay alive without CS. If you can survive without the feeble I would get SS instead. The dash of SS makes staying within the bosses mele range easier, which maintains aggro. The stun and low CD is also a plus. However, your spec is one I have used, and enjoyed, in the past.