Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding the Current Arcane Legends Skill System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I'm excited about revamping the skill system. I'd like to see a fifth skill slot because I tend to use 5 skills on all classes so that I am versatile in pve and pve. Even a new skill for each class seems interesting. However, I assure you that whatever it is people will find something to complain about.

And I don't see why many rogues complain about mana. It's not that hard to pot and pots aren't that expensive. If you're having trouble with this then maybe you should look for a new game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more with you Sera. My main peeves used to be scatter bear, now it's gale sorcerer blowing my mobs all over the room. In hauntlet, there's more and more to this gale scatterer who just blow the mobs all over the room. Way to piss ur tank. Unless you are blowing the mobs towards your warrior, just don't use this skill. This skill takes control and strategy.

But, I'm quite happy with the current skills, aside from when they nerfed Vengeful Blood to make it less op in PVP. Those mana regen was the best. Warrior shouldn't be constantly bothered by mana shortage.

Healing a fixed amount of 500 hp for VB and Jugg is a rather small amount, considering the max hp of a warrior now.
    Enemies does more damage and when charging these skills you easily get attacked more than 500 damage. I would suggest raising the heal to 1000.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    And I don't see why many rogues complain about mana. It's not that hard to pot and pots aren't that expensive. If you're having trouble with this then maybe you should look for a new game.
    I haven't quite figured out how to use pots while in PvP.

That said, mana is currently one of the only limiting factors in limiting the power of rogues. Otherwise they could unleash almost unlimited amounts of damage. Making it so their skills don't use as much mana is not a good idea. If a rogue wants more mana then they could spec some points to INT instead of going full DEX. If you insist on getting every last point of damage possible, then yes you will be limited in how much mana you have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Stand next to a wall (or border), face the wall, charge Gale, and you will go nowhere, and you will still obtain the armor bonus.
    Yeah, but then you get yourself stunned for 2-3 seconds instead which is no good. When you dash into a wall it stuns you. In order to make gale actually useful, they need to make the armor bonus happen whether or not you charge the skill. I'd really love to use this skill in PvP as a low damage attack/armor boosting combo skill, but as its currently structured it cannot be done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I haven't quite figured out how to use pots while in PvP.

That said, mana is currently one of the only limiting factors in limiting the power of rogues. Otherwise they could unleash almost unlimited amounts of damage. Making it so their skills don't use as much mana is not a good idea. If a rogue wants more mana then they could spec some points to INT instead of going full DEX. If you insist on getting every last point of damage possible, then yes you will be limited in how much mana you have.
    We already do spec INT.

The counter argument to that is that mages and warriors lack damage because they don't have enough skills. So, 5 skills would take care of that weakness. If you're taking care of your weakness, take care of ours too. Otherwise, it's just an unbalanced situation.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

aww

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Want new skill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    We already do spec INT.

The counter argument to that is that mages and warriors lack damage because they don't have enough skills. So, 5 skills would take care of that weakness. If you're taking care of your weakness, take care of ours too. Otherwise, it's just an unbalanced situation.
    I'm against adding the 5th skill. I don't think it's a good idea. I like the idea of having to make tough decisions. A 5th skill will basically make everyone a jack of all trades. Nobody will have any weaknesses and I think everyone will spec the same exact way.

I can't speak intelligently about what rogues will do, but I know what sorcerers will do. Everyone will use Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield and Heal for PvP. And for PvE they will use Fire, Ice, Lightning, Time and Shield.

When we only have 4 skills, then we have to make some tough decisions. So in PvP we have to decide if we want to be a curse mage or a damage mage. Or if we want both then we can't have heal so we are vulnerable in that way. For PvE we have to decide if we want to go after mobs more and use Time and/or Ice, or do we want Lightning to be able to hit the boss hard.

Without forcing people to make compromises, everyone will end up having the same skills like we all did in PL, and that's the main reason that game became so boring. I like it how everyone has a different build in AL. If they add another skill, some of that will go away. Obviously it won't be to the point of PL and there will still be some variety, but not as much as there currently is.

Instead, I suggest they add more upgrades to existing skills. Then it will even increase the diversity of builds as not everyone with the same skills will have the same upgrades. I think that is definitely the way to go.

The only reason why everyone wants a 5th skill is so that they don't have to spend plat to respec. That in itself proves my point about making everyone a jack of all trades.

I really hope they make changes to increase diversity instead of decreasing it. It makes the game much more interesting. I can't speak for everyone else, but a big part of the challenge of this game for me is to experiment with different builds in order to find the one that works best for me. When that no longer is interesting, the game becomes more boring, and it has definitely now reached that point with having so many skill points to spend and not very many options to spend them on. What we need is more options to spend the skill points on, not an extra skill slot.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-11-2014 at 03:31 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

How about, they put in a 5th skill, if it doesn't work out, take it out? Unless you would have to make other changes not just implementing a 5 skill slot :/ then I dunno
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Exclamation

I'm against adding the 5th skill. I don't think it's a good idea. I like the idea of having to make tough decisions. A 5th skill will basically make everyone a jack of all trades. Nobody will have any weaknesses and I think everyone will spec the same exact way.

I can't speak intelligently about what rogues will do, but I know what sorcerers will do. Everyone will use Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield and Heal for PvP. And for PvE they will use Fire, Ice, Lightning, Time and Shield.

When we only have 4 skills, then we have to make some tough decisions. So in PvP we have to decide if we want to be a curse mage or a damage mage. Or if we want both then we can't have heal so we are vulnerable in that way. For PvE we have to decide if we want to go after mobs more and use Time and/or Ice, or do we want Lightning to be able to hit the boss hard.

Without forcing people to make compromises, everyone will end up having the same skills like we all did in PL, and that's the main reason that game became so boring. I like it how everyone has a different build in AL. If they add another skill, some of that will go away. Obviously it won't be to the point of PL and there will still be some variety, but not as much as there currently is.

Instead, I suggest they add more upgrades to existing skills. Then it will even increase the diversity of builds as not everyone with the same skills will have the same upgrades. I think that is definitely the way to go.

The only reason why everyone wants a 5th skill is so that they don't have to spend plat to respec. That in itself proves my point about making everyone a jack of all trades.

I really hope they make changes to increase diversity instead of decreasing it. It makes the game much more interesting. I can't speak for everyone else, but a big part of the challenge of this game for me is to experiment with different builds in order to find the one that works best for me. When that no longer is interesting, the game becomes more boring, and it has definitely now reached that point with having so many skill points to spend and not very many options to spend them on. What we need is more options to spend the skill points on, not an extra skill slot.
    Completely agree.

To random reader:

If you want a game with multiple builds and different ways to play

say NO to 5th skill slot

and

say YES to new skills or new skill upgrades.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 03-12-2014 at 03:32 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Add pots in pvp

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Add pots in pvp
    Add pots in pvp? Well..it will make more hard to kill ppl at pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Add trulle to ctf

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

5th skill would be great.. Giving chance to weak mages..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Add a slider giving access to 8 skills. No need to revamp in the future.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Add pots in pvp
    Have fun killing the warrior with 2004 armor and carrying 10k of each potion at a time (me).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Potts in pvp = boring pvp , with potts u can get a kill in like 15 min or more? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

For the skills I think giving one another skill slot to make 5 at the time is better than 4 ,also a quick weapon changing key where always missing in the game . I think warriors need some throwing axe or crossbow , believe me this is going to be a very good thing for em lol ,also giving rogues a chance to enchant their weapon with poison or mages a skill to enchant whole party weapon with one of the elemental is also a good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

but I know what sorcerers will do. Everyone will use Fire, Lightning, Curse, Shield and Heal for PvP.
    False...

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    False...
    True.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyce For This Useful Post: