Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Defenders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Every time I think of upgrading the shots, the option is gone. Does it have to be upgrade early on before making other changes?

Sounds like a nice dragon cannon -- post a pic!
    I have a dragon cannon that does 2 shots for 900 elemental each. Low amo, but reloading is like one second, so doesn't make a diff. But my favorite ogre killer is still the skeleton bow.

How many waves of ogres have you killed? I usually just go back to the tavern on my second wave bc my inventory is full. Ugh that inventory is soooo tiny. May have to start dropping things around my tavern so I can play longer at a time.

And Arterra, you have a godly pristine item, too? Darn I feel left out.
    i find that i need to check every option, every level. some levels, it gives you the option to raise a stat point by 2 instead of one on most armors! and i just feel that unless you are making some mana-selling weapon, more shots beats more damage, as long as one more shot means more damage added than what it is added to the damage... ugh... yea... lol

lol yea... i would like to keep going on insane ogre, but no point if i get no items. 2 is pretty much all you need.
    though i notice i have like 6 different swords in my stash... i am such a hoarder.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

and I FINALLY got a staff i can be sorta-proud of. got it off the boss in hard mode in the alchemy place. works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Heh well my dragon cannon with 2 shots of 900 each does more damage than your three shots
    Anyway, I've noticed that if the shots don't all hit head on, they do less damage.
    I'm a hoarder, too. I have trouble liquidating decent items. And I dunno what changes they'll makE exactly, ao I want to have choices. I've started dropping things in my tavern so I can hoard more lol:

Nice monk weapon: mine o ly does 175 I'm still searching for the best one, but not that determined bc my monk is annoying me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ok, did you guys beat the throne room? I finally took a break from ogre crushing to do so, and the ending sucked. Here's what one of the devs had to say about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerimu View Post
    For clarification, the mobile version of the game is called "Dungeon Defenders: First Wave" and is intended to segment into the PC and console versions of the game. As noted previous to the release of the mobile, DDFW would merely be a part of the full game and a way for PC players to enjoy the game even when they are not at home.

However, once PvP is up and running, the mobile version will be a lot more complete.

So now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't get too obsessed with this game. Sounds like it's only a supplement to the PC version and not really meant to stand on its own. And since I have no plans to buy the PC version, it might be an utter waste of time.

I guess I'll continue lvling and getting good gear and see what happens with the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I have a lvl 60 apprentice, huntress, and Squire! =) Working on my monk currently...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, you can get good weapon for monks to start on ogre insane if you have a huntress.

Set up gas & the 80 mana traps near the entrance where the ogre spawns. Swap character using the forge during the next build phase to monk. Dance around with your monk while the traps kill the ogre, proceed with looting the eqs!

btw, the mobs only drop weapons that are usable by your class when you're soloing. and the reward for COMPLETING ogre insane sucks.
    Looking for players from Singapore~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmm, the problem is, to do that I would have to set them up AND swap within the first build stage, bc the second one is literally 2-3 seconds long. It always goes straight from build phase to combat phase with no time in between.

Anyway, I never have enough room in my box to do more than 1.5 waves before I fill up and go back to the tavern.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I have a lvl 60 apprentice, huntress, and Squire! =) Working on my monk currently...
    Waa.. how you level so fast? I played for like 6 hours and I'm still lvl 18 apprentice only I kinda suck at this game..
    [On a Break... Waiting for the next big update...]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

is it mmo?
    i havnt try this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Htiek View Post
    is it mmo?
    i havnt try this game
    It's mmo portion is buggy atm I think.. I couldn't join any online game

I think it's closest to warcraft? you lead a hero and build defense against waves of monsters to protect a crystal... quite fun and tough Lots of replay value.. at $2.99 it's very worth it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yay downoading it now on droid x. Can officially say good bye to pocket legends. See ya. Devs took to long fiddling around with useless maps rather more exciting gameplay. Ill give away my crap later today. Have to install 24mb of rubish just to do so. But what a great momoent it will be!
    Last edited by Torrentula81; 12-26-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i tried inviting you maneut lol. ill blame the mmo buggy thing.

well off skiing for a few days, see ya!
    (ps there is a prize for the fist person to pm me about the pure strategy mode glitch...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Heh well my dragon cannon with 2 shots of 900 each does more damage than your three shots
    Anyway, I've noticed that if the shots don't all hit head on, they do less damage.
    I'm a hoarder, too. I have trouble liquidating decent items. And I dunno what changes they'll makE exactly, ao I want to have choices. I've started dropping things in my tavern so I can hoard more lol:

Nice monk weapon: mine o ly does 175 I'm still searching for the best one, but not that determined bc my monk is annoying me.
    working out the kinks on my huntress xD the fist decent dragon axe i found.

also, my monk staff is a legendary item that got automatically put into stash after alchemy boss in hard mode.... maybe ill try that a bit more...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Torrentula81 View Post
    Yay downoading it now on droid x. Can officially say good bye to pocket legends. See ya. Devs took to long fiddling around with useless maps rather more exciting gameplay. Ill give away my crap later today. Have to install 24mb of rubish just to do so. But what a great momoent it will be!
    Before you go deleting PL, make sure you like the game first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Anyone else disappointed by the "ending"? I asked about it on their forum and was basically told that the mobile version is not meant to stand on its own. Just curious if you guys came into this knowing that and are planning to buy the PC/console version (I am not, mainly bc my PC is crap).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This wont work for my ipod touch 3g 8g, why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BolloBear View Post
    This wont work for my ipod touch 3g 8g, why
    Thats because the 3g 8gb still has hardware from the 2g ipod touch, which is not good enough to run this game. only the 32 and 64gb versions have better hardware then the 2g ipods.

Just downloaded DD to give it a try and it's really good so far! Too bad my jailbreak is tethered now but oh well... my gamecenter name is infin1te Cake

lvl 50 tank - OmglolwtHbbq / lvl 50 mage - Icake / lvl 20 twink pally - Spacefish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Time for some DD once I got 4.2 downloaded.. can't play PL right now, infinity blade got boring.. time for DD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You won't be disappointed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i tried inviting you maneut lol. ill blame the mmo buggy thing.

well off skiing for a few days, see ya!
    (ps there is a prize for the fist person to pm me about the pure strategy mode glitch...)
    oh... didn't see any invite message, btw I finally got my apprentice to 40 20 lvls to go -.-