yeah, this is racism, my soul @.@Name:  yup.png
Views: 194
Size:  1.70 MB
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I find this post to be pretty offensive really. Racism is a serious issue and using it to describe national guilds just because you are butthurt about what they did or didnt do is kinda messed up. National guilds allow players of one country to play with others from that country, as well as speak their own language. Not cuz they hate everyone else.
    PL: Artaeon (Archer)
    AL: Artaeon (Rogue)

Read my Short, Heroic Love Poem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elmanco View Post
    Pfff i love when germans say "nationalism".
    Correct me if I'm wrong...
    So you do think Germans are neither allowed to be proud of being German, nor allowed to have a sense of national identity?
    Or maybe it's just the term "nationalism", which often has a negative connotation, especially when it comes to Germany and its history...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serenina View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong...
    So you do think Germans are neither allowed to be proud of being German, nor allowed to have a sense of national identity?
    Or maybe it's just the term "nationalism", which often has a negative connotation, especially when it comes to Germany and its history...
    Its just because of history. Anyways nationalism is a way to start discrimination, seggregation and closed-minded.
    And im not talking only about germans its for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Countries and languages are not about to disappear any time soon.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Its just because of history. Anyways nationalism is a way to start discrimination, seggregation and closed-minded.
    And im not talking only about germans its for everyone.
    1) I'm so close-minded in this modern era. I'm gonna start my own guild <Indian rollers>. I'm gonna promote nationalism and nobody else will be allowed in my guild and we hate everyone else!

2) I think I should start my own guild for my weaker Indian fellows so that we can come together properly and help each other.. maybe even meet up! I like people from other countries as well. Oh, my best friend is from USA/Netherlands! Nay, don't hate anyone. Just a friendly helpful local guild. Anyone who doesn't mind Hindi can join!

~

HVH, Latinos, etc etc ALL belong to the category of the 2nd point. I hope you get the motive of these guilds. Please do not defame Germany. It's a public forum, but berating somebody's country is a no-no. (Plus, Ich liebe Deutschland!)

Thank you, and please do not flame more.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts

"The badGerman thing" awww nooo not again ... never get tiered ?

Read above
    Last edited by Eski; 03-26-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Eskimosmurf
    Helden Von Heute - Guild Master

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Heiso i wont even answer you...

Eskimo, if u read my other messages are not only german its the idea.

Anyone who want to be friends with same country, why segregatte the others. If u want to meet ppl same location u do and the others dont. Easy...

Dont put german in a victim position..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Heiso i wont even answer you...

Eskimo, if u read my other messages are not only german its the idea.

Anyone who want to be friends with same country, why segregatte the others. If u want to meet ppl same location u do and the others dont. Easy...

Dont put german in a victim position..
    My name..

Anyways, I don't think they segregate. What is segregation anyways?
    - To set apart from the rest or from each other; isolate or divide.

If I join a club only for vegetarians (example), does that mean I'm being racist? It's a matter of choice, and everyone has a free will !

Meeting people at same location is exactly what these people do. Can you fit 200 members in a brackenridge map? A guild is a collection of members who have alike thoughts and intentions and approach. They have their approach, fair enough. Even my alt is in an Indian guild. I wouldn't call it "Racism".

Hio.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

they are just compositing an identity, not taking the rights of other people... the right belong to the guild whether they accept someone or not. guilds are designed to be exclusive. if it is inclusive, there would be a menu where people freely choose what guild he wants to join. it's not racism or even narcissm😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Guys what ganku is refering to is not the Indo guilds being racist due to there guild names nor any other national pride guilds. What he is refering to is how they treat people based on nationality in guildwars ect. I've personally seen more nationalism then I care to divulge in on this game which is why ive for the most part moved on to other games. Yes there are alot of good national pride guilds, such as indonesian legends and helden von huete. He's refering to guilds like indo allstars where u walk in they speak in indonesian and if you dont respond they begin calling you filth scum ect. I've personally been called disgusting american, american dog, us scum, plus many other degenerative names id prefer not to say incase kids are reading. The point is there is no moderation excspt when you "tattle" it shouldnt have been allowed to get to this point in the first place. Sts just assumes there chat bot system works but its doesnt, ive been muted for saying assualt. We shouldnt have to report every player with a screen shot just to see them tomorrow and go through the same routine. STS will figure it out like wow did when some little child commits suicide and the parents sue them for everything they own and are forced to sell the studio. I use to work for electronic arts and saw this one first hand im just waiting to see it happen here and sts go idk what they are talking about your honor our masking system is top notch.
    Last edited by nukedwolf; 03-26-2014 at 10:35 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nukedwolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Differences between racism and nationalism:

Racism:
    • Favor of one's race, skin color, or ethnic background above all others.
    • Includes: Caucasians, Oriental, Africans/Blacks, Hispanics, etc.
    • Usually tied to hatred of a different race, skin color, or ethnic background.
    • Can be responsible for hate crimes, discrimination, segregation.

Nationalism:
    • Favor of one's country above all others.
    • Includes: Chinese, Americans, Indians, Mexicans, Germans, etc.
    • Usually tied to pride in one's own country.
    • Can be responsible for some international wars due to conflicting beliefs/ways of life.

What the idea of national guilds revolve on are mainly for the positive pride approach for collecting players together based on national origin. If the members of those guilds insult, flame, berate, etc. people from another country, then it's the negative conflict approach against another group of people. This thread is far from racism. The guilds are named after countries, not named after races. There is a major difference between Caucasian and English, right? Caucasian refers to the race of white-colored people, while English refers to people of England. So there is a big difference between nationalism and racism. Dont get them confused.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doomreaper View Post
    So I'm USA right? If I wanted to join Latino twinks and told them I was pure American, I wouldn't be accepted.
    Aww who told you that? Latinos Twinks is one of the oldest, most unified and strongest guild in the lvl 12-15 bracket and the members are from all over the world ( Philippines, Malaysia, India, US, Turkey, Germany, etc) . It is just named Latinos Twinks because initially the guild was started by Hispanic players. Latinos Twinks accepts every good player, no matter where you are from. You are welcome to join if you are of the required level and have the skills.

And coming back to the issue brought up by the thread, I think that being proud of one's own nation or culture or community and naming the guild based on this pride is not racism. A few guilds do not accept people who are not of their own country and that is acceptable because they might find it more convenient and comfortable to converse in their own language, can bond better with and relate to players who share their culture and country.

Racism is expressing a negative attitude towards a person's race. It could be name-calling based on a person's skin colour, etc. It could be verbal harassment which centers round the person's race. When you see such a thing happening, just report to sts.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 03-27-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Whats the prob if some people who most probably do not have English are their language makes a guild and invites other to join it...probably they feel more comfortable talking in their own language. But i agree that if you make a guild which shows down the image of a country...thats totally wrong. Btw ace hunter was only for philipinos. I had friends bossqbeatz and heneroso who helped me come in the guild. So if you have friends who can recommend you...then you have a high chance to come in guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The Best answer is : Ignore It
    Racism not just in this game, but racism is everywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

LoL at this thread.

It's enough. Nobody is a racist in AL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Aww who told you that? Latinos Twinks is one of the oldest, most unified and strongest guild in the lvl 12-15 bracket and the members are from all over the world ( Philippines, Malaysia, India, US, Turkey, Germany, etc) . It is just named Latinos Twinks because initially the guild was started by Hispanic players. Latinos Twinks accepts every good player, no matter where you are from. You are welcome to join if you are of the required level and have the skills.

And coming back to the issue brought up by the thread, I think that being proud of one's own nation or culture or community and naming the guild based on this pride is not racism. A few guilds do not accept people who are not of their own country and that is acceptable because they might find it more convenient and comfortable to converse in their own language, can bond better with and relate to players who share their culture and country.

Racism is expressing a negative attitude towards a person's race. It could be name-calling based on a person's skin colour, etc. It could be verbal harassment which centers round the person's race. When you see such a thing happening, just report to sts.
    STOP CONTRADICTING ME

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ♕The king of AL has returned♕

Proud member of <21 Jump Street>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

This thread wins the award for most windows licked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

***** and****** beacuse ******* you ******

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It's not like anyone can tell who you are and what you look like or where you are from in this game. So you can join any guild you want. Now if a guild speaks a certain language mostly then you are not going to like it if you don't understand what they are saying.

Now for that barkeeper that had the "no sorcerers allowed" sign, we are going to have an issue!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: